• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | SS2

Airknight

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
Jamie Dalton ‏@JamieDalton82
Sky Germany say Barnetta wasn't on the official team-sheet. He certainly wasn't in the squad shown on <a class="postlink" href="http://UEFA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://UEFA.com</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; before the game.
What the hell is this?? If that's true then they forfeit, surely?
Clutching at straws
No.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agree about having Giroud up top, the only thing he's good at is heading. He's brilliant on set-pieces for us and obviously when we cross it but we never do.

Giroud isn't suited to the football Wenger wants to play.
Gervinho is injured and isn't suited to playing a lone striker.
Walcott isn't suited to being a lone striker.
Podolski hasn't had the chance bar Sunderland which was his first game.
Chamakh is Chamakh.

...We either need to change formation or buy a striker that's suited to our game and formation.

arsmile

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
arsmile said:
i think everyone except for vito was at least partly awful- that was mannone's best game for us- he was great.

But...i mean i dotn think sagna has improved on jenkinson's RB performances- we seem more vulnerable there recently- he was rubbish for their second.

Mert had an off day, kos diddnt do anything......and i was pleased to see vermaelen at LB..not cause i thought santos was a liability- but cause it got the bumbling belgian out of the heart of our defence- and he was still pathetic out there, he should not be in the 11 on merit.

arteta/wilshere/cazorla could not get a hold on the game....tgheo scored one good goal...but the only other time he touched a ball was to balls up a potential victory.

podolski, save for one cross, caarried on his lazy left wing anonymity...

and giroud hyas proper got the jips infront of goal...

i thought that was just as discouraging as anything else we have seen recently.

which of Arsène's relatives has arshavin killed exactly?....

i was going to put together what i'd do with our starting 11...but i cant actually come up with 11 players in the squad i dotn want to drop...
How is Jenko the same level as Sagna? Bac had about the only decent performance. He won every ball in the air and had Affellay in his pocket down that wing. Dont see where you got he was rubbish for second?

Sagna is a better defender, better in the air and better going forward=better

it's not about who is better...it's about their performances

i just think jenkinson hadnt put a foot wrong in a dozen matches...sagna was beaten easy as hell down the wing for their goal

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Sky Germany say Barnetta wasn't on the official team-sheet. He certainly wasn't in the squad shown on <a class="postlink" href="http://UEFA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://UEFA.com</a> before the game.

halfvolley

dyeruz said:
halfvolley said:
I'm sure we'll go through anyway, we always do, but you hope to see something more than this ****.

Our defence keeps getting worse and worse, it's been on a slippery slope since the solidity from the first few games started to evaporate. We are now reduced to at least one comedy performer per game with a peppering of own goals to spice things up. Bould needs to go back to basics with this lot, we can't continue like this.

We are at times completely clueless in attack and people up front really need to start delivering now. Cazorla needs a holiday and Wilshere has been uncermemoniously dumped head first in the shark tank after being injured for over a year. Not cool, Wenger should obviously know better.

Absolutely no substitutions, even though the team is struggling majorly and some players look dead on their feet. What does that even mean?

I would have subbed Podolski but the problem is, and as much as people seem to have forgotten how Arshavin plays, putting him on would have not been an option, he falls to pieces under pressure, what other options on the bench?

Arshavin is a quick, dangerous and creative footballer. He certainly has unpredictable form, but we desperately needed his qualities tonight. I would have subbed Jack for Coquelin as well - not really because Jack played badly, but he looked knackered and could have easily picked up another injury on that slippery pitch. Wenger is playing with fire again when it comes to Wilshere.

dyeruz

Established Member
@Halfvolley No doubt Arshavin is everything you said but that's of he has space and there wasn't any out there today, players know how to play Arshavin, get touch tight to him and he'll give the ball away. Wenger's hands are tied, he'll keep playing players until they're burnt husks, that's why Fab got the f*ck out, broken ankles and all he was still playing because of the lack of quality in the center, Wenger can't rotate

MaestroCesc

arsmile said:
MaestroCesc said:
arsmile said:
i think everyone except for vito was at least partly awful- that was mannone's best game for us- he was great.

But...i mean i dotn think sagna has improved on jenkinson's RB performances- we seem more vulnerable there recently- he was rubbish for their second.

Mert had an off day, kos diddnt do anything......and i was pleased to see vermaelen at LB..not cause i thought santos was a liability- but cause it got the bumbling belgian out of the heart of our defence- and he was still pathetic out there, he should not be in the 11 on merit.

arteta/wilshere/cazorla could not get a hold on the game....tgheo scored one good goal...but the only other time he touched a ball was to balls up a potential victory.

i was going to put together what i'd do with our starting 11...but i cant actually come up with 11 players in the squad i dotn want to drop...
How is Jenko the same level as Sagna? Bac had about the only decent performance. He won every ball in the air and had Affellay in his pocket down that wing. Dont see where you got he was rubbish for second?

it's not about who is better...it's about their performances

i just think jenkinson hadnt put a foot wrong in a dozen matches...sagna was beaten easy as hell down the wing for their goal
Yes and Sagna has shown that in his performances, solid for QPR, Man U (only good player that day) and today.

For the second goal?!?! Are you kidding me, Sagna ran towards the winger who held the ball up, someone else made a run in behind, winger passed it back to a player who passed it to the player who ran in behind, Mertesacker went across then went back in the middle and Sagna ran back to the winger who crossed the ball in.

When was he beat in that sequence? Surely it was Mertesackers fault was being indecisive? And how on earth was it TV fault?

ArsenalDNA

DiamondGooner said:
Stillmatic said:
ArsenalDNA said:
Didn't they both score once with Theo's being a tap in?

Giroud

8 goals in just four starts, remind me again the stats of our other offensive players.

Game, set, match.

Maybe this Stillmatic character should stay out of this because both points he tried to raise are completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

The fact is since our bet started Giroud has scored 2 and Gervinho hasn't scored any. It wouldn't matter if Podolski had a thousand and Theo had a million.

Should i put it this way? ArsenalDNA 2 - "Avatar Hunter" 0

Invincible

Established Member
The frightening thing is that the self-harmer thought we played 'very well' in his post-match interview.

If that's us playing very well, then I wonder what it would like if we played rubbish in his eyes.

What was the point of bringing on Santos btw? The bloke is a disgrace. Saturday should've been the last we saw of him in our shirt. Or was it to give him a shot at getting Huntelaar's shirt.

Why didn't we sign Afellay? He was cheap and young enough for the self-harmer; thought he was magnificent for them today.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
ArsenalDNA said:
DiamondGooner said:
Stillmatic said:
8 goals in just four starts, remind me again the stats of our other offensive players.

Game, set, match.

Maybe this Stillmatic character should stay out of this because both points he tried to raise are completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

The fact is since our bet started Giroud has scored 2 and Gervinho hasn't scored any. It wouldn't matter if Podolski had a thousand and Theo had a million.

Should i put it this way? ArsenalDNA 2 - "Avatar Hunter" 0

Not really because I liked what he said better than you.

Also so easy to be a cocky little tw*t when Gervinho is injured, congratulations.

Anyway we called off the bet if you don't remember when I was going to change leagues. :p

arsmile

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
For the second goal?!?! Are you kidding me, Sagna ran towards the winger who held the ball up, someone else made a run in behind, winger passed it back to a player who passed it to the player who ran in behind, Mertesacker went across then went back in the middle and Sagna ran back to the winger who crossed the ball in.

When was he beat in that sequence? Surely it was Mertesackers fault was being indecisive? And how on earth was it TV fault?

im not making a grand point- i just think jenkinson's performances at RB this season has been more satisfying than sagna's.

Sagna wasnt good for that goal- nor was vermaelen- he put the thing in the back of the net when that ball was hack-away-able

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Airknight said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
Sky Germany say Barnetta wasn't on the official team-sheet. He certainly wasn't in the squad shown on <a class="postlink" href="http://UEFA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://UEFA.com</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; before the game.
Clutching at straws
No.
I'm not clutching at straws, but Sky are saying that Schalke used a player that wasn't listed in their official match squad.... if that is true then there has to be a punishment of some kind.

MaestroCesc

arsmile said:
MaestroCesc said:

im not making a grand point- i just think jenkinson's performances at RB this season has been more satisfying than sagna's.

Sagna wasnt good for that goal- nor was vermaelen- he put the thing in the back of the net when that ball was hack-away-able
Sagna has just come back from two broken legs, give the guy a break and the fact he has put in 3 solid performances makes it even more incredulous.

Please can you tell me how Sagna was at fault for the goal? And i disagree with Vermaelen being able to hack away the shot, it was too powerful.

Im not taking anything away from Jenko who has been superb, i just dont understand your points or think they are remotely true

trunks206

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
arsmile said:

I had a similar discussion with a friend at the pub as he tried to tell me that he felt that Jenkinson should still be in the side. As you stated Sagna is a better defender, better going forward (Jeninson is hopeless going forward), and better in the air. Imo all Jenkinson has proved this season is that he is worthy of being at this club as for much of last season many wondered why he was purchased.

I'm not trying to knock the kid, I want him to do well, but Sagna is on another level from him and I fail to understand why some can see that.

dyeruz

Established Member
Sagna is a good defender but let's get rid of this myth that Jenkinson's not good going forward..because what does that mean? He get's forward, he regularly puts crosses in, he's a good defender but somehow he's not good going forward...f*cking laughable, do people actually know what they're talking about or is it Jenkinson's English/Finnish so let's put the lazy, he's not technical, he's limited bollocks?

MaestroCesc

In fact just saw the second goal again, how on earth is that TV's fault? There was a man over, and he went to block the ball at the other man? He is a scapegoat, he was decent at LB yet is getting a massive portion of the blame for something which wasnt his fault, yet Mertesacker had a shocker and is getting none?

arsmile

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
arsmile said:
MaestroCesc said:

Sagna has just come back from two broken legs, give the guy a break and the fact he has put in 3 solid performances makes it even more incredulous.

Please can you tell me how Sagna was at fault for the goal? And i disagree with Vermaelen being able to hack away the shot, it was too powerful.

Im not taking anything away from Jenko who has been superb, i just dont understand your points or think they are remotely true

another one!?

i think jenkinson's performances at RB this season have been better than sagna's.

but you know- it is subjective isnt it? I can understand people thinking they'd rather go with sagna's experience moving forward from here.

i disagree that jenkinson is rubbish going forward though- his crossing is damn near the best at the club.

MaestroCesc

arsmile said:
MaestroCesc said:
arsmile said:

another one!?

i think jenkinson's performances at RB this season have been better than sagna's.

but you know- it is subjective isnt it? I can understand people thinking they'd rather go with sagna's experience moving forward from here.

i disagree that jenkinson is rubbish going forward though- his crossing is damn near the best at the club.[/quote]
yes Sagna had two broken legs last season, thats pretty damn hard to come back from and he looks like it never happened.

I disagree they have been at the same level, except Sagna has just comeback, is the better defender, better aerial, better going forward and has huge amounts of experience. You seem to have abandoned the Schalke 2nd goal point. How has Jenkinson's performances been better this season?

They have been the same defensively, Sagna better aerially and same going forward so far.

dyeruz said:
Sagna is a good defender but let's get rid of this myth that Jenkinson's not good going forward..because what does that mean? He get's forward, he regularly puts crosses in, he's a good defender but somehow he's not good going forward...f*cking laughable, do people actually know what they're talking about or is it Jenkinson's English/Finnish so let's put the lazy, he's not technical, he's limited bollocks?

When did i say he isnt good going forward? I said that he is better which is true, both can put in great crosses, Jenko edges it though. But Jenko doesnt have the technical ability or experience to get into a crossing position regularly, he isnt great with his feet and is young and so isnt as confident going forward whereas Sagna is in those positions all day and bombs down the RW

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom