UEL R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Olympiacos (0) | Thursday, February 27 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Feb 24, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Feb 27, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

88.4%
  2. Draw

4.7%
  3. Olympiacos Win

7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gursha

Gursha Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who thinks the PL is the easier way to the CL? and now we can focus only on that?

Tosker likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We are not far but need to win as many games as we could we have bit tough fixtures coming so it's important to get maximum points

3. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Still got the fa cup as well Gursha

4. darkgunner

darkgunner Well-Known Member

Screw the FA cup, it should be the PL or nothing. The most that the FA cup will do for us is to put us back into the EL, which we can get by coming 6th anyway.

5. Marjorie

Wolves for them in next round

6. yousif_arsenal

So could've faced wolves meaning very tough game

7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

100% convinced this Arsenal team wouldn't have beat Wolves over two legs anyway.

sammy89, Tosker and Tourbillion like this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

Yes think that too we usually struggle against them home and away

Riou likes this.
  9. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Either way was a longshot, but yeah, not having to play in these dead EL games should be a boost for our PL chances.

Still unlikely we qualify via the Prem route though. There’s a reason we’ve been knocked out by Olympiakos and it’s not because we’re a great side capable of consistently racking up wins.

10. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Just be glad people know who you are now

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  11. say yes

It’s obviously a disappointment to be out, but I can’t say that I’m gutted.

This competition is absolutely horrendous. Bum games against bum teams at bum times. Can get ****ed. There’s zero excitement in it, just feels like a chore and the constant empty seats at the Emirates indicate that I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Wish we’d just boycotted the whole thing when they placed the final in Baku last year.

12. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Well I’ve only posted about losing to ****ing Olympiakos which is a disgrace regardless of how the match played out. Oh and about Pepe being frustrating for 90 minutes with his lack of a final ball.

I did physically fall asleep though. Was watching the match on my phone and it fell out of my hand so I put it away. Had it in my mind we would knick a goal and progress so was quite the disappointment to see us lose when I woke up.

13. Marjorie

Doesn't excuse how bad we played but that ref got that red card decision horribly wrong. The double jeopardy rule only applies for fouls in the box.

American_Gooner and Riou like this.
  14. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

After many years supporting Arsenal I'm used to bad results and things going wrong. Even so, I was stunned by the way we'd managed to lose this game. An incredible series of terrible mistakes which actual professional footballers should not be making. We were poor all through the game but we really saved the worst till last. Utter Rubbish from arsenal.

15. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

I'm still slightly depressed. Arsenal is beginning to affect my quality of life which is insane, ffs. I know.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's just a game, it's entertainment ffs.

This loss is on Arteta, imo. Too many cooks in the front 4, one of Laca or Pepe should not have started, and we should have rotated. We looked Jaded half way through the first half.

Also, Raul and his cohorts need to be tarred and feathered for buying Pepe and Ceballos. 2 of the most mediocre of all mediocre players that have ever donned a red shirt.

sammy89, Sapient Hawk and Tourbillion like this.
  16. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

A pariah? I'd rather go back to being a denizen of AM's deep abyss. Life there is much more comfortable :lol:

17. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Pepe, definitely but we haven't yet purchased Ceballos, have we?

In any case, they need to be run out of the club, tarring & feathering such shameless individuals won't bring about the required changes.

Rimaal likes this.
  18. Beany

Beany ITK Elite

Last night was played under VAR so I assume someone looked at this and decided it was O.K.

19. say yes

Unlucky.

NieThePiet and American_Gooner like this.
  20. junglist57

junglist57 Well-Known Member

Im not too sure whats more distressing - watching that game last night or trying to browse this forum on an iPad with all these ****ing ads.

Its unusable!

dka91 and CaseUteinberger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.