• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Drop Luiz and Bellerin for Holding and Cambers and keep the rest of the side the same as yesterday.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Give me a pair of boot cut jeans over these weird super skinny jeans anyday or the weird fashion of buying trousers that don't cover your ankles or men not wearing socks or wearing socks with flip flops and trying to make them out to be cool by calling them "sliders".

Also nothing wrong with a unseason chicken, healthy meal right there.

Bellerin trying to bring back boot cuts I heard.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Matt Ryan for Leno
Martinelli on Left
Pepe on Right
Laca on for Auba
Should probably try Nelson in #10 role as ESR looks tired but he was subbed off early so could still start and give 60 mins. Ode could play last 30 mins.

Saka and Auba looked knackered towards end of Leeds game. They both should not start.

Erm this isn’t a group game.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd play the same team as Leeds with Tierney if he's available. Possibly drop Luiz for Holding, Gabriel played quite well yesterday I thought. Bellerin had such a good first half but so poor defensively in the 2nd but I can't see Arteta dropping him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Best available starting eleven please.

We may as well sacrifice the Man City game. 90% chance they'd beat us even with our best 11 out anyway.

Europa League is our most realistic route back in the CL. It has to take priority.

Let's not underestimate Benfica, whatever issues they're going through. We don't want another Olympiakos situation.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd play the same team as Leeds with Tierney if he's available. Possibly drop Luiz for Holding, Gabriel played quite well yesterday I thought. Bellerin had such a good first half but so poor defensively in the 2nd but I can't see Arteta dropping him.
I think we will see more rotation than that perhaps. Looking at the fixture list, there is a lot of games. Pepe will probably get a runout I would think.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also want to reiterate that the fact this is a home and away tie, with neither team playing at their stadiums and without fans is so stupid.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are away goals still in effect? Could easily see that screwing us over in a tie where there is no home or away.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We have to play our best 11 available. EL is winnable, we have to go for it. Imagine finishing our worst season in history by qualifying for CL!

If Tierney available

Leno
Cedric Holding Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard ESR
Auba

Pepe and Martinelli on the bench. Willian at home!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Haven't watched Benfica at all this season, so I'm going in with zero knowledge and no expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom