• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What's your alternative suggestion?

A one off game at a neutral venue, instead of two...plus no away goals.

Considering everything that is going on, I think that would be best.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure Arteta will rotate going back to CL now only by winning europa our team on paper capable of doing it so we got nothing to lose.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A one off game at a neutral venue, instead of two...plus no away goals.

Considering everything that is going on, I think that would be best.

I disagree with a one off game. All other teams will play 2 legs, therefore we have to do the same. I do think the away goals rule is crazy for this game but its the same with 2 legs, it has to be the same for all teams remaining.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I disagree with a one off game. All other teams will play 2 legs, therefore we have to do the same. I do think the away goals rule is crazy for this game but its the same with 2 legs, it has to be the same for all teams remaining.

I meant one off games for all teams in Europe this season, would have been a good way to reduce the schedule for the players...considering the amount of football being played this year in a compressed period.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we will see more rotation than that perhaps. Looking at the fixture list, there is a lot of games. Pepe will probably get a runout I would think.
Perhaps but this now our most important game of the season, can rotate after this in the league.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It should be two legs still but away goals here is redundant and should be scraped for any neutral ties.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Haven't watched Benfica at all this season, so I'm going in with zero knowledge and no expectations.

If it's a team that's been doing nominally well we might see an Arsenal side not inclined to put in a cowardly shift.

If it's a side that's been abysmal for most of the season & has sought Divine Providence, Charity FC shall be there to accommodate the revival of their fortunes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Balenciaga-Pants-GQ-11192018_3x2.jpg

Let’s batter the Wolves and City feeder team.

Just so we’re clear this is the away leg which is being played in the Stadio Olimpico, Rome.

Benfica are bang out of form in the Portuguese league as well. A lot of flop signings and a CB pairing of an OAP Vertonghen and Otamendi. Yikes.

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka - Ceballos
Saka - ESR - Pepe
Auba
Noticed a lot of people dropping Ødegaard instead of ESR. Is Martin cup-tied or something?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Noticed a lot of people dropping Ødegaard instead of ESR. Is Martin cup-tied or something?

I’ll be honest I forgot MØ played for us when I made the match thread so yeah guess he could start as well.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I've actually enjoyed the Europa side of things this season, hopefully that continues.

GoonerJay24

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Saka ESR Pepe
Lacazette

Play this front four against Benfica then start Auba and Martinelli up front against City with Ødegaard in the 10.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's in the EL squad, people are just thinking (or hoping) Pepe was simply rested for Leeds and will come back in.
Yeah would be very harsh/weird to drop him considering his recent form and Arteta’s comments.

My hope is that we’re seeing some Guardiola style rotation now that we have more quality options than positions.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah would be very harsh/weird to drop him considering his recent form and Arteta’s comments.

My hope is that we’re seeing some Guardiola style rotation now that we have more quality options than positions.

Nah **** that. I can’t deal with three rotation frauds in fantasy.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Saka ESR Pepe
Lacazette

Play this front four against Benfica then start Auba and Martinelli up front against City with Ødegaard in the 10.

You mad? Auba just scored a hatrick. Need to see if he can build on momentum. Lacazette is one of of his dry spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom