• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Well we have 45 minutes to pummel the Atleti defense, and that goal conceded will be the wake up call.

We need to equalise before 60 minutes, otherwise the season is over.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey was the best player on the pitch in that half. He was the only one that showed balls to make key interceptions in the midfield.

HBL

Established Member
**** off you ****.

Why would he press there instead of being in his CM position?

Midfield was all open after the long ball
Such a clown :lol:

Still two more midfielders there. He is pressing because Lacazette isn’t doing it, Chambers and Bellerin clearly at fault.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wouldnt have made a difference, Özil was barely relevant himself this half.

Its more about the moving more in the opposition half and not complicating matters in the box. Atleti have not conceded a goal in months for a reason.

That's why you needed Mkhi. Too much defensive attention on Özil, you need Mkhi to give width and to distract some defenders. YOU also need him to create when Özil doesn't, not to mention make supporting runs.

With AM's defence, we need to break them down not with 2 strikers, but with 2 creators and width.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Can I just say Xhaka has been absolutely immense so far. What a performance.

We have been done by a typical Arsenal goal and it's hard to be too disappointed because it was always gonna happen. What I would say is look at the moments before the goal kick. In that moment, Costa is slowly walking back knowing that if Atleti get the ball quickly, he can pounce. Bellerin is running forward and leaving him in acres. They are thinking five moves ahead, we don't think. They are playing chess, we are playing checkers.

Honestly, it's been a good half. But we are always gonna get caught out by the same clear deficiencies we have because they are mental (tactical) deficiencies that are not worked on.
Even after the first header Bellerin hesitates to try and get back . It was only after he saw we didn't win the ball that he started running. Fvcking poor. I hope Wenger hits him with something.

I love our players, they are like a smell of summer.

But on days likes this I just want to put them down like a old dogs or drown them in the rivers like they are kittens.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

1 minute to go and your full back pushes that far up the pitch. I hate to say it but where have we seen this story played out before.

I'm a manager (albeit at a horrible level) I have a stop watch and once it gets to 43 minutes it's simply lads do not concede and I'm out yelling at boys where they need to be. Shape, position, goal side. Three key things. Nobody, absolutely nobody is telling Bellerin where he needs to be.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I play when I'm a piece down in chess, 10k gold down in lol, poitns down in table tennis or volleyball... I play for sure! No problem! I never give up!

But I think everyone knows this tie is over and it was probably over before it ever begin.
You sound like someone that should become a professional sports coach.

OSBK

Established Member
There's nutters on here wanting us to keep him as first choice. I wouldn't keep him here, full stop. Awful, flapping midget.

Totally agree.

if have de gea in goal we don't lose against man utd

we have oblek in goal we don't concede against ath madrid

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Man Ospina should go in the bin with Cech.. Not blaming him for the goal, but he goes down so early, just makes it easy for the striker to score.. Did the same on that early chance vs Costa, but luckily he missed there.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We need to get wide and use cutbacks for Ramsey and Laca.

Get Bellerin off as he can’t ****ing cross.
This is what happens when you have no true wide players and nobody who can take their man on. Mkhi is the only one who resembles that kind of player and he's not exactly rapid or playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom