• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
The story from the Spanish press was that Luis Enrique was Raul's choice but his wage demands put him out of the running, and after Emery's interview they all agreed to hire him after a silent vote.

Ornstein said Enrique was never considered by the club, and wasn't one of the eight interviewed.

Think all those rumours came from Enrique's side.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm sure AMN did feel pressure and was advised by the feckwit to see a psychotherapist to deal with it because, you know, under Emery it's gonna be play defence or don't play.
But it was the same under Wenger, and he wasn't feeling sufficiently pressured to see the psychotherapist back then. It's just odd that it would become an issue right now considering how AMN was praising him as recently as April:
England Under-21 international Maitland-Niles praised the way Emery has nurtured his talent so far and also worked to improve the squad as a whole.

"That's what you need, for the manager to pat you on the back when you don't do well," he said ahead of Palace's visit to the Emirates Stadium.

"And when you do well, to pat you on the back even harder and say 'look, this is fantastic'. And he's done that throughout the whole season for me.

"The manager has given us a lot of confidence. He's backing us and he believes in us so much."
As for Özil;
Are you sure? Check the comments in the Özil thread, you'll see that even after being the only one to give a decent performance in the past 2 games people saying that we are no better with him than without him. Hell, you were quick to turn on Özil last season and swallow all the guff the club was peddling about him for practically no reason.

There are always those willing to believe the worst of Özil and buy any excuse to believe we are better off selling him to "according to the press" the only club willing to buy him, Febernace..
I only turned on him after the Brighton game because I felt that he was capable of doing better, and he was proving his critics right by following up a MOTM performance against Burnley with a disasterclass a few days later. And tbf I believed Ornstein when he said in January that Sanllehi was the driving force behind ostracising Özil more than Emery.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
HollywoodEntranceChamp.jpg

Whatcha gonna do brother, when Hulkamania buries you 1...2...3!
I don't know, maybe release a rap album just to take shots at him:lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't know, maybe release a rap album just to take shots at him:lol:

thumb_oh-yeah-macho-man-approves-r-net-oh-yeah-macho-man-49383394.png

Can’t believe they had Hogan induct him into the hall of fame...such a slap in the face to Savage.

Ash10

thumb_oh-yeah-macho-man-approves-r-net-oh-yeah-macho-man-49383394.png

Can’t believe they had Hogan induct him into the hall of fame...such a slap in the face to Savage.
It was painful to see. Hogan screwed him over the most & yet somehow they thought it was a good idea. Then again Vince made Savage a commentator while he was relatively young, they never took Savage that seriously

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
But it was the same under Wenger, and he wasn't feeling sufficiently pressured to see the psychotherapist back then. It's just odd that it would become an issue right now considering how AMN was praising him as recently as April:

I only turned on him after the Brighton game because I felt that he was capable of doing better, and he was proving his critics right by following up a MOTM performance against Burnley with a disasterclass a few days later. And tbf I believed Ornstein when he said in January that Sanllehi was the driving force behind ostracising Özil more than Emery.

Turning on Özil after one game. Wow.
Yeah, you believed what you liked. Emery had form . He came from a team where the egos drove him out, and naturally looked to make a point with the ego on our squad. He lost that battle as I knew he would.

He alsu went on to lose most of the squad including his captains :lol:

That article makes complete sense to me. We have a club run by ****** and fragile egos.

Last edited:

Riou

It was painful to see. Hogan screwed him over the most & yet somehow they thought it was a good idea. Then again Vince made Savage a commentator while he was relatively young, they never took Savage that seriously

I remember when Hogan came back in 2002, Austin refused to work with him due to his politics in WCW...and even though Hulk agreed to lose to The Rock at Mania 18, he had to beat him on The Raw BEFORE it I think...what a ****! :lol:

Ash10

I remember when Hogan came back in 2002, Austin refused to work with him due to his politics in WCW...and even though Hulk agreed to lose to The Rock at Mania 18, he had to beat him on The Raw BEFORE it I think...what a ****! :lol:
Not to mention how he beat Orton clean while he was on his Legend Killer streak. Everyone laid down(even HBK) but Hogan of course refused. His feud with HBK was also resulted in the funniest match of all time
Though it took like a million Rock Bottoms, the WM 18 match was lit af, the crowd in Canada was electric

Riou

Not to mention how he beat Orton clean while he was on his Legend Killer streak. Everyone laid down(even HBK) but Hogan of course refused. His feud with HBK was also resulted in the funniest match of all time
Though it took like a million Rock Bottoms, the WM 18 match was lit af, the crowd in Canada was electric

:rofl:

He tapped out to Angle pretty clean in 2002, which was pretty cool for a baby face Hogan nonetheless...he’s a very smart man though is Terry.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
"Yes, every team is a very difficult team in the Premier League."
You know what this means.....5 at the back to try and stop them instead of us trying to take the game to them.

Riou

Any chance of Unai winning the fans back over with some champagne football, starting tomorrow?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Any chance of Unai winning the fans back over with some champagne football, starting tomorrow?

He needs to put a convincing run, not just wins, but wins where we play well and dominate teams.

Granted, it may start with a cagey win tomorrow, but the following games will need to see us imposing ourselves, which is something of a tall order given the way he sets us up to defend even against relegation fodder.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

For that to happen he has to take the shackles off the team. He has tried to shore up the defence, he identified that area as a real weakness. Which would have made sense....except the man can't organise a defence to save his life. It has always been a weakness in all his teams. His strong point is in attack. It's one of a number of baffling decisions he has made this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom