• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
A French team that made it the last Euro finals gets a little more slack in WC qualifying than does one that drew twice in the group stages to subpar competition, then exited to Iceland in their first knockout game.

France is good.Think they are on Spain's level in terms of history in international football.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Iceland beat Holland in the qualifying and France were on home soil.

Someone has to stick up for England.
Fine, but what's your point? That France are less fun to watch, or worse than (or at most on par with) England? Or just that they are not held to as high as standard? Just because you don't hear the criticism as loudly in English, doesn't mean they aren't getting ripped apart in France

And Holland is awful.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Fine, but what's your point? That France are less fun to watch, or worse than (or at most on par with) than England?

And Holland is awful.
My overriding point is England get bashed repeatedly. We know their limitations so I don't see why people enjoy pointing it out so often.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
My overriding point is England get bashed repeatedly. We know their limitations so I don't see why people enjoy pointing it out so often.
I think that's sampling bias to a degree -- the French, German, and Spanish teams are also bashed constantly, just not on websites or TV channels you follow.

Keplaz

Lingard doing more in 5 minutes than Ox in 65 mins. I wish England had made more of an attempt to get Iwobi involved. Also we are desperately missing Welbeck and Dele Alli.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's a reason that no English manager has ever won the Premier League & is unlikely to do so in the forseeable future - they've got no top class managers in the land whatsoever. Sort your managers out & you'll sort out your NT.

Like many players there's just too much money in the English game for any of them to leave and try and broaden their managerial talents abroad. Go coach in Italy, Spain, Germany, even France or South America and broaden your horizons. If Pep could go to Mexico to help his development & Wenger to Japan, some of these cloggers could try somewhere new.
But even foreign managers couldn't spark much life into our national side.

The talent on the pitch is what matters and sadly, it's been generally accepted that we've been technically inferior for some years on the international stage.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I meant on this forum.
Sure, but that's only because most people here don't care about any other team. People enjoy talking football, and when England happens to be the topic, they give an opinion.

It's long established, for example, that Mesut Özil isn't exactly a midfield workhouse, but still gets discussed pretty regularly.

Keplaz

England are like us (Arsenal) in a way. Qualify for the Major Tournaments but never ever come close to winning it. We always walk the qualifiers and then do nothing when it counts.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
But even foreign managers couldn't spark much life into our national side.

The talent on the pitch is what matters and sadly, it's been generally accepted that we've been technically inferior for some years on the international stage.
I think our spine, save for Kane/Alli is by far the biggest weakness. Rashford, Kane, Alli, and Sterling are above average and should get goals, but not if they can't get the ball.

No clear CB pairing, no clear MF starters save maybe Dier, and insistence upon playing Hart over keepers to whom he is inferior. Kind of like De Gea riding the bench for Castillas, except that Castillas at least won them things.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom