• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Van Parsie and Reyes

leongsh

quattro said:
smells a little bit like total football

It does, doesn't it? ;)

Considering that Arsène Wenger is an admirer of the great Ajax Amsterdam side of the 1970s, he has definitely incorporated that in the style he has created for himself and now applying at Arsenal.

GunnerForLife

reyes does better when persie plays behind him. persie's able to make accurate passes and through-balls. reyes is quick on the ball and deadly in front of the goal. they click really well, like the henry-pires pair.

calvinngai88

RVP and Reyes do seem to link up well with the rotation of ML and striker positions between the 2. Reyes would be starting with Henry up front, if there's any injuries to Pires, then RVP will be drafted in and you'll be seeing all 3 usually on the left side of the field, maybe at times, RVP will move to the centre and get some good headers out of the crosses. Anyway, Arsenal front players tend not to stay in their positions. They'll be everywhere in the field, chasing for the ball, and not waiting for the balls to be fed to them up front.

Arnie

reyes is a striker adapted like henry, van percy says he wants to play striker but says he would play in goal for arsenal if they want him to.

i like that commitment.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When did he say that Arnie. Don't remember, could you show me that article please.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but ideally Reyes would be our striker bobbypires, . He's doing amazingly well recently there, and you could see the difference he made when he was pushed up to the strikers position. And it's nice to see how much he's bulked up as well.

jacc_7_1

pires is irreplacable.. they are of a different mould,
reyes plays upfront last season guess this season should be different where he will play in midfield more often he can play anywhere across the midfield persie will the support striker like bergkamp

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reyes really reminded me of a younger Giggs when he played on the left today. The way he turned left anright and back left and left the defender running back looking over his shoulder was reminiscent of Giggs in his hey day.

satan_beckham

i am not really convinced with van persie taking over pires in the long run...never see him touch the ball much yesterday...not as influential as pires surely..but of course this is his first game but should lets say pires be injured this season..i would rather see ljnugberg on the left and pennant on the right...

Andrew

Neither... Clichy. He was amazing today. He will become a great left winger given the chance. Reyes obviously needs to play up front in the centre to be most effective. As far as I'm concerned Van Persie has to work his way into the team.

KingReyes

Established Member
satan_beckham said:
i am not really convinced with van persie taking over pires in the long run...never see him touch the ball much yesterday...not as influential as pires surely..but of course this is his first game but should lets say pires be injured this season..i would rather see ljnugberg on the left and pennant on the right...

I thought RVP's game was good yesterday, obviously not as good as the others but his movement was good and we have to look at the fact that he was moved around during the game. From LM to striker so it was a bit difficult aswell. This doesn't mean he can take over from Pires, I think Reyes looks better there but lets give RVP time and the chance to prove his worth there.

Sammer

Established Member
satan_beckham said:

It was just one game. Give the boy time to settle in and to get used to Wengerball with all its edges.

Give him one real season - eveything else is a bit premature to judge.

patrick42uk

Established Member
satan_beckham said:

some people just dont learn. we had a similar thing with reyes in his early matches, with quite a few people doubting him. how quickly things change. the english league requires at least 6 months of adaptation. rvp has been here two seconds, and already he isnt good enough?

Give RVP time to settle into the squad & i think he will come good, Just like Reyes has, dont forget Jose had a disatrous start scoring an own goal & look at him now! i trust Arsenes judgement.

bobbypires

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
Yeah but ideally Reyes would be our striker bobbypires, . He's doing amazingly well recently there, and you could see the difference he made when he was pushed up to the strikers position. And it's nice to see how much he's bulked up as well.
Reyes as a striker is superb and he's showing his class. ut at Sevilla he played as a winger and he didn't do bad. Wenger knows his best position is the striker, but he can also do Pires' job when he's injured or something. Dennis and Titi up front are great too.

jacc_7_1 said:
pires is irreplacable.
We all now it. 8)

Andrew

RvP has fantastic bravery and isn't affraid to get physical. He could cause all sorts of problems for defenders. He offers a real ariel threat which is something new for us. I think his position should be up front but with Henry and Reyes there he'll find it tough.

And he wasn't bad at all yesterday. He had some nice flick on headers and got on the end of a couple of crosses.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
was it me or did anyone see Gilberto out-sprint RvP in order to get his goal? RvP was about 10 yards ahead of him, then all of a sudden, you see Gilberto in a dead sprint to get the goal....

is Gilberto that fast, or was RvP just not running that hard? he cant be THAT much faster.....

Sigun

USArsenal said:
is Gilberto that fast, or was RvP just not running that hard? he cant be THAT much faster.....

I dont think Van Persie wanted to poach that goal away from Giberto, considering how long his been at the club.....then again gilberto was awalys ahead of him...no?

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom