• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Gyokeres 🫱😶🫲

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We're being linked by reliable reporters but I'm reading between the lines and saying it's his agent trying to drum up more interest as there may not actually be much. It warrents it's own threads because of the reporters.

Ljonin

Also, how much was Nunez?

Gyökeres shouldn’t be more than that, that’s a big ****ing alarm bell imo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Dont know much about Gyokeres, but I do trust Edu and Arteta.

Being able to get both Viktor and Ousmane Diomande would be crazy though, that would make my summer window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ngl, everything sounds a lot like agent talk atm and I'm wondering if we're even interested now.

I can imagine his agent is trying to get this £100M price and a bunch of clubs fighting over the player but looks like it's not working hence all these leaks and noise.

They look like if Dave Bautista and Austin Butler opened a club in Ibiza for people who live in Hertfordshire

GKePvFEX0AASfr0

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Dont know much about Gyokeres, but I do trust Edu and Arteta.

Being able to get both Viktor and Ousmane Diomande would be crazy though, that would make my summer window.

What about our winger dilemma? would be negligence to go another summer not signing a suitable transitional winger. Who is to say Jesus won't be even more crocked up next season? Martinelli numbers have not been so good this summer and Trossard wing shifts aren't so great to watch.

2 summers ago we wanted one of Raphinha and Neto.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What about our winger dilemma? would be negligence to go another summer not signing a suitable transitional winger. Who is to say Jesus won't be even more crocked up next season? Martinelli numbers have not been so good this summer and Trossard wing shifts aren't so great to watch.

2 summers ago we wanted one of Raphinha and Neto.

Yeah we still need a winger. A pacy, tricky, possibly two-footed option that gives Martinelli direct competition and cover, as well as being able to do a job on the right as well. Think that will happen as well.

About Gyokeres though, its a signing we need in an area we lack in. So that makes it a very positive signing for me.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Would love a Swede here. Gyökeres seems like a baller, haven't seen much except compilations though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne now this might be agent talk

I just don’t buy it. A little early for this noise imo. If I recall when the Declan news broke all the reliable guys jumped on it. Here is Fabri$io and this Portugal guy.

Reactions: A_G

Ljonin

Again, why is he more expensive than Nunez? Slightly less impressive numbers and older. Not as fast or strong either

oskja

Again, why is he more expensive than Nunez? Slightly less impressive numbers and older. Not as fast or strong either
There’s some things you should take into consideration: (1) Nunez played for Benfica, which is the strongest team in Portugal and his first season was lackluster. Gyökeres joined a weaker team and made a noticeable improvement in that teams performance already in his first season. (2) while it’s true that Nunez scored a lot of goals his overall rating according to Opta wasn’t even the highest that season in Portugal he scored a lot of goals. (3) Gyökeres is the highest rated player since Opta started taking statistics from the Portuguese league. There’s still some games left of the season, so let’s see if Gyökeres fall in rating or can maintain the performance level or even increase it.

I think right now, Gyökeres is not the main man Arsenal is going after, that’s Isak.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am quite excited with the prospect of Gyokeres joining. He can run at defenders, turn with the ball, show aerial threats, beat offside. What I like the Swede is his attitude not afraid of having pops at goal. No overcomplicated things or dwelling on the ball too much. And he hits the ball neatly.

I work in Coventry and watched him live a few times, he has very good link up play, but his finishing was poor, and wasted a lot of good chances in the championship

His stats this season have amazed me to be fair, but I'm just not sure how much of that is to do with the league, he's found a purple patch, or playing under the right manager has got the best out of him

The fee being quoted is ridiculous, I'd rather us look at Ollie Watkins or Solanke for that price, both premier league ready, and with better players around them I think they could fly

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom