• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Was Robin Van Persie right?

a_fourteen

Established Member
The little boy comment and his new found love for fergie was not designed to plss us off even though it may have had that unintended consequence. It was designed to integrate into a new club at the age of 29. The statement was aimed at United fans, not us.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
TheGlitch said:
Kroket said:
He was right in the sense that he would never see his personal ambitions fulfilled at Arsenal, which is fair enough. If you want to win stuff and wish to play with the world's best, you've no business staying at Arsenal these days.

Other than that he's a backstabbing, lying ****. The way he celebrated with and constantly talks up Fergie makes me feel genuinely sorry for Wenger, who stood by him in the darkest of times only for him to bugger off and team up with Arsène's arch-nemesis first chance he gets. Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd gone to Juventus I think, but I still don't like the way he went about his business.
Serve wenger right for putting his pets infront of club Interest. I rather be here saying we should have been patient instead of watching him go I his prime for United. Its not rvp fc or wenger fc. Its arsenal fc and we shouldn't be putting obviously cracked player for years waiting on this clown and now what he doesnt play for us but a superior rival? Lol what do expect loyalty doesn't a players ambition trumps that any day of the years especially when time is running out for him? Its romantic and stupid to think differently.

I never said waiting on him to come to good was the right thing to do, nor did I blame him for trying to fulfill his ambition. I am however angry at him for mocking us by saying 'the little boy inside him' told him to join United (despite that one photograph), for jumping into Ferguson's arms after he scores a goal, for sucking Fergie's **** in public every chance he gets and worst of all, saying Fergie and United made him what he is today. Wenger has been gambling on him from the very first day he was an Arsenal player and there were countless opportunities where just giving up on him would have been entirely justified. He could have cut him loose after the rape allegations, he could have cut him loose after one of his various stupid red cards, he could have cut him loose after the umpteenth injury he suffered. ****, I agree with you, he probably should have given up on him and (with the benefit of hindsight) not a whole lot of good came from it, at least not for the club. Instead Wenger waited and waited and waited and just when he's starting to reap the rewards Van Persie decides to pack it all up and join his manager's worst enemy.

So was Van Persie right about the horrible state of Arsenal FC, about the wrong direction we're headed in? Yes. Is Van Persie a grown man, who has every right to follow his dreams and ambitions even if we don't like it? Absolutely.Was it the club's decision to sell him to a supposed rival? Sure looks like it. Is he a traitorous, lying snake who is only interested in himself and has no concept of loyalty or gratitude? I think so, yes.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Of course he was right. The fact that he won the prem last year and we're still sitting here clamoring for WC signings to become competitive again says it all.

outlaw_member

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
The little boy screaming inside him was the line for me that made him a ****.

As for the statement, I actually agreed with it and felt he was within his rights to do that.

Look, you've just got to look at the cold hard facts and what was happening out on the pitch. We kept selling our best players, in one of the threads today someone's put a post up of a game from the invincibles side. It's like watching a completely different club to the one we live with now. The only thing that is the same is the manager and he is now a completely different beast to what he was then.

Van Persie was a part of that squad and watched, albeit a lot of the time he was on the injury table but the club he joined was not the one he left. I believe that if we'd at least tried to stay competitive then he wouldn't have gone. If we'd sold Cesc or Nasri or any of the other stars that we've sold over the years but reinvested that money then at least we would have been trying, at least we would have been using all of our resources and doing everything in power to win. I do think that he had genuine affection for the club but United was the best option for him and his career. The Van Persie situation was our own goddamn fault.

The highlights are misleading. I've re-watched quite a number of our old games, and we had nowhere near the same amount of control as we do now. Even with all of our great players. I re-watched about 15 minutes of our Uefa Cup final for example, in which time Vieira and Petit didn't exchange a single pass between them. That's inconceivable for an Arsenal midfield pairing. Although, that's not to say that the team is better for having more control in a game.

TheGlitch

Why you upset he is sucking fergie cocktail? Nothing we can say or do to make him regret it.
I more upset at the few arsenal fans still sucking Wenger's weener here. Rvo told a truth and left the club but people slew him 2 years after, wenger lied for years and still vat the club but people still have him in their hearts. The mind boggles

Anzac

Established Member
All the talk of AW's loyalty to RVP re his injuries etc only shows that AW prioritises player development ahead of the team/club. Had the priority been the team/club then RVP should/would NEVER have become our single focus at ST in a lone striker system.

Yes he may intend for those players to remain once they have finally developed, but the reality is that NONE have post the move,
or perhaps more so since AW broke up The Invincibles Squad far too readily post the CL Final. Again AW 'justified' it by saying he wanted the players to have a last big contract opportunity, but again it's putting players ahead of the club IMO. In many ways he had sewn the seeds of discontent himself and set a precedent for players to feel justified in putting self interest ahead of 'loyalty'.
Likewise IMO the sale of Fabregas once again showed more loyalty to the player than the club.
Crying over RVP/Nasri & Co is akin to crying over spilt milk or claiming that we faced financial hardship whilst asset stripping and posting profits whilst failing to reinvest.

TheGlitch

outlaw_member said:
goonerwarsh said:
The little boy screaming inside him was the line for me that made him a ****.

As for the statement, I actually agreed with it and felt he was within his rights to do that.

Look, you've just got to look at the cold hard facts and what was happening out on the pitch. We kept selling our best players, in one of the threads today someone's put a post up of a game from the invincibles side. It's like watching a completely different club to the one we live with now. The only thing that is the same is the manager and he is now a completely different beast to what he was then.

Van Persie was a part of that squad and watched, albeit a lot of the time he was on the injury table but the club he joined was not the one he left. I believe that if we'd at least tried to stay competitive then he wouldn't have gone. If we'd sold Cesc or Nasri or any of the other stars that we've sold over the years but reinvested that money then at least we would have been trying, at least we would have been using all of our resources and doing everything in power to win. I do think that he had genuine affection for the club but United was the best option for him and his career. The Van Persie situation was our own goddamn fault.

The highlights are misleading. I've re-watched quite a number of our old games, and we had nowhere near the same amount of control as we do now. Even with all of our great players. I re-watched about 15 minutes of our Uefa Cup final for example, in which time Vieira and Petit didn't exchange a single pass between them. That's inconceivable for an Arsenal midfield pairing. Although, that's not to say that the team is better for having more control in a game.
The face of the game has change now, back then what constitutes a midfield we had the best of it. Nowadays we have a bunch of sideways passing donkey. We did what the game dictated. Our midfield then disrupt any team passing better than us, we weren't getting run through and push over.

MaestroCesc

He was proved right 12 months ago, when we only bought Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski as replacements for RVP and Song plus for the shambles from the summer before.

The fact is last season could have gone so badly, but we got lucky with injuries. Any injuries to Giroud, Cazorla or Arteta would have completely destroyed us but luckily those 3 were nearly fit for the whole season.

This summer has just further backed it up and our current crop are probably getting fed up of the club, hard to see Koscienly staying for much longer if it stays like this and further on players like Jack might even leave. I think 6 players have called out for signings which just shows how desperate we are.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he may be a snake, but he is just saying what we all know already.. and the club, AW and Gazidis have yet to prove EVERYBODY wrong..

Illusion

Established Member
What I dislike the most is that Wenger shows undying loyalty to his players, he gives them more chances than anyone else would and he makes sure they are on very good money. Despite this they all take what is on offer while they can't get anything else or while no one else would bother with them and the moment they start to reap the rewards of the chances they are given they turn and run off somewhere else.

RvP was partially right, but he also talked a lot of nonsense. You don't love the fans, the club, the manager and then leave for Man Utd. You don't say it isn't about the money, turn down £140k/week only to pick up north of £200k/week at Man Utd.

He himself also helped to prove himself right by leaving. Obviously we'd be weaker and obviously we'd not win the title the moment he left for a rival.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Anzac said:
I know I'm probably looking for clues etc, however in hindsight the wording of the sentence partially bolded now reads a if the disagreement was with AW rather than Gazidis, as he made no mention of the latter at all & it would have been very easy to point the blame if the issue was with the CEO rather than the manager.

Not necessarily, he simply says that he doesn't want to go into detail out of respect for Wenger.

You could say he didn't claim to have respect for Gazidis, if you wanted to spin it that way.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Illusion said:
He himself also helped to prove himself right by leaving. Obviously we'd be weaker and obviously we'd not win the title the moment he left for a rival.

Oh come on, we were miles off even with him in the team. Him staying would have meant £24m less for players like Cazorla/Podolski etc, we probably wouldn't have bought those players if he'd have stayed

Cruisio

Established Member
And that's the problem isn't it?

Had we got players of that calibre (Podolski is a bit of an iffy one, but anyways...) a few seasons earlier then we might not have been in that position where he'd think about leaving

Never proactive, always reactive

a_fourteen

Established Member
There are two clear lessons for Arsenal to take from this transfer window:
(1) Napoli - when they sold their best player they moved quickly to bring in top talent. This is not the approach we have taken. We got 60 million when we sold Cesc and Nasri, 40 million when we sold Ade and Kolo and who did we bring in?
(2) Liverpool - we have sold players saying when a player wants to leave you cannot stop him doing so. BALLS! Liverpool just showed us you can.

Stop being such a fcking soft club and get with the program Arsenal.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Cruisio said:
And that's the problem isn't it?

Had we got players of that calibre (Podolski is a bit of an iffy one, but anyways...) a few seasons earlier then we might not have been in that position where he'd think about leaving

Never proactive, always reactive

Oh I totally agree, I think our only disagreement comes where the source of this "reactive" nature is. I've said before many times that if we and Barca swapped succcess over the last 9 years Cesc (and RvP for that matter) would still be here.

say yes

forum master baiter
No. RvP is the biggest **** in the league. We wouldn't be in half the **** we're in now if he didn't run his contract down and force us to sell the best striker in the world to a rival for a pittance.

k24bfan

RVP is a ****. He's injured half is career but jumps ship as soon as he can I bet you if he got re-injured he's signings a new deal with us back then. AW fault for even letting Cesc leaving and by showing zero ambition on the pitch. 4th place is not ambition.

jerome2158

Established Member
His behavior was terrible, but his comments were accurate.

The club has shown absolutely no ambition or effort in moving forward.

They're just sitting there, hoping that the football world will adapt to our needs rather than going out and trying to get moving in modern football.

You can't keep acting like it's 1999 anymore.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom