• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Was Robin Van Persie right?

trunks206

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
THunter said:
At first the statement pissed me off, but it was when he said 'the little boy inside him told him to join United' that really pissed me off, there's pictures of him in an Arsenal kit as a lad ffs, he'd said for years he was a true Arsenal fan, he lied. He's a liar and a **** and I wouldn't believe the **** about that meeting in the first place.

I can't agree more.

He's a **** of the highest order, and I couldn't give a **** about what he says and thinks.

I cant stress this enough. He's a total ****. End of.

+Him releasing that stupid statement is why we were totally dicked over for his transfer fee. Juve would have undoubtedly offer more and/or we could have played hardball with United like Liverpool or Dortmund has done eith their strikers but the **** decided to release that ****.

**** him.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
trunks206 said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
THunter said:
At first the statement pissed me off, but it was when he said 'the little boy inside him told him to join United' that really pissed me off, there's pictures of him in an Arsenal kit as a lad ffs, he'd said for years he was a true Arsenal fan, he lied. He's a liar and a **** and I wouldn't believe the **** about that meeting in the first place.

I can't agree more.

He's a **** of the highest order, and I couldn't give a **** about what he says and thinks.

I cant stress this enough. He's a total ****. End of.

+Him releasing that stupid statement is why we were totally dicked over for his transfer fee. Juve would have undoubtedly offer more and/or we could have played hardball with United like Liverpool or Dortmund has done eith their strikers but the **** decided to release that ****.

**** him.
Agreed with all of that, and I'll add to it.

van Persie is a selfist brat. He's all about me, me, me. Arsenal's ambition is not enough for him. Well, his attitude is not enough for us.

We don't need a player who makes a mockery out of the loyalty we showed to him.

We don't need a player who lets himself get tapped up, passes to the opposition on purpose, and goes on strike.

We don't need a player who thinks getting offered 5,000 less per week than he would prefer is "taking the piss."

And we certainly don't need a player who shows tendencies to things like that, as Suarez and Rooney have.

Character matters. If you want to criticize Wenger for anything, it's for being a poor judge of character in the cases of the preceding.

So, no, Robin van Persie was not right. He was right for himself. But as has been said, when you are at Arsenal, you have to remember who you are, what you are, and what you represent.

Robin van Persie represents Robin van Persie.

He forfeited any privilege to speak on the ambitions and intentions of Arsenal Football Club.

Cruisio

Established Member
I wonder how quickly people will turn to call Jack a c**t when he inevitably wants to leave due to a lack of trophies

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Cruisio said:
Said it at the time and i'll say it again now

Of course he was right. He's gone to Utd and won just as many trophies there in 1 season as he did in 7 years with us (that is if you're not including the Community Shield)

He's a guy who actually got to see things from the inside and he didn't see Arsenal as a club then or in the near future that would be challenging for trophies. That's pretty damning

The only thing I could add is that he's still a c**t for going to Utd because he could quite easily have gone abroad and still been successful but then again we're the ones that give the green light for that to happen

atleast he went to a real club, not some arab/ruskie IRL FM club

he is ballsy as hell, he went to Utd KNOWING they had the biggest english star7profile, a real profile and took that challenge, as a player he has my respect

had he gone to Italy, meh

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
well Uncle Mike, Arsenals ambition doesn't seem to be enough for 99% of the people on this forum either

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
I know I'm probably looking for clues etc, however in hindsight the wording of the sentence partially bolded now reads a if the disagreement was with AW rather than Gazidis, as he made no mention of the latter at all & it would have been very easy to point the blame if the issue was with the CEO rather than the manager.

That's not correct. He explicitly mentioned Gazidis in his statement, talking about how he would try to get in touch with him as soon as he returned from his holiday in two weeks. One of our American executives (Fox I think) then tweeted a photo showing Gazidis in front of the Emirates during that time.

Strange that people completely forgot about that, he discredited every other point he might have made in his statement by typing out that blatant lie. He's a complete and utter disgrace, and so is this thread, knee-jerk at its purest. Next time we lose a match we'll probably find out that Adebayor is not a ****.

a_fourteen

Established Member
jones said:
Anzac said:
I know I'm probably looking for clues etc, however in hindsight the wording of the sentence partially bolded now reads a if the disagreement was with AW rather than Gazidis, as he made no mention of the latter at all & it would have been very easy to point the blame if the issue was with the CEO rather than the manager.

That's not correct. He explicitly mentioned Gazidis in his statement, talking about how he would try to get in touch with him as soon as he returned from his holiday in two weeks. One of our American executives (Fox I think) then tweeted a photo showing Gazidis in front of the Emirates during that time.

Strange that people completely forgot about that, he discredited every other point he might have made in his statement by typing out that blatant lie. He's a complete and utter disgrace, and so is this thread, knee-jerk at its purest. Next time we lose a match we'll probably find out that Adebayor is not a ****.
My next thread is going to be "Did Adebayor do it for Africa?" Hope I get your support.

burnsjed

Established Member
To be fair to Jones, this thread is a complete waste of time.
You could have mentioned this in any of the current threads that currently discuss our lack of ambition:

Whether the manager has taken us far enough
Who should replace said manager
Supermarket sweep
Who has been sold who we could have contested for
The elephant in the room
Minimum expectations of transfer window
Is is time for a DoF
Future of Arsenal transfers
Prem league 2013/2014 race for ????

Didn't realise there were so many!!

Disclosure: I do not believe Arsène knows.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No offence, AF, but this thread is weak as piss, and just asks the same question in different words. 'Is Arsenal spending enough?' DUH!!

We all know what's wrong with the club. Answering whether RvP was right or not is just pointless and inflammatory. A little more thought should be going into threads. i.e, will we end up discussing something new? a different interesting angle? You could ask 'Are the fans right to be angry?' :lol: Or, 'Does Wenger need a lie down in a darkened room?'

Salieri

Would he have stayed if Wenger & Gazidis were planning to change their policies in the transfer market?

If your answer is yes, then our manager & board are the sole reason for losing him and every WC player in the past 8 years. And judging from this summer, I think most of us agree with what he did tbh, no matter how bitter and angry we feel about it.

@Anzac
I ABSOLUTELY agree with your point regarding AW putting the players ahead of the club by not buying a WC ST with RvP's many injuries. I would say that this is imo the main reason for our failures and why we loath the sight of Wenger & IG now. Playing with the bare minimum because he considered 4th as a trophy destroying his legacy & our reputation in the process.

So yes, he was right to leave!

squallkid

Established Member
I'm not even going to dignify that ****'s remarks with a proper response. Instead I'll talk about the circumstances around those remarks

The only reason he released that statement was to sever all ties with the club and make it explicitly clear he wants to leave.

Showed us absolutely no respect after we stuck by him all those years.

The words in that statement ring as hollow to me as all the times he praised us during his time here.

Self serving snake who would sell his own soul if he thought it would profit his career.

Makes me sick to my stomach when some gunners call him the best captain we've ever had since Vieira.

That statement didn't mean anything then and it doesn't mean anything now, all it was, was a transfer request. The Dutch **** didn't even have the decency to keep those "thoughts" to himself.

Leaving the club to go to Man Utd? Hell might as well take a **** on the club on my way out.

Salieri

And we only have Wenger to blame for standing by him through his injuries Squall. It should always be Arsenal first, players second. Not according to Wenger though. If you act like a door mat, pretty much everyone will step over you. Wenger treated Arsenal like one, and the players used it to get to where they want. No players will respect a club that comes second after them! Wenger did not care about trophies. He cared more about his project. Our best players sense that and grow bitter towards the mediocrities surounding them and the protection they get from this stubborn manager. I have no doubt that RvP loves AFC, but this manager & board made it impossible for him to win anything with us.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Something is very much wrong at this club, that much is clear now. But it doesn't change my opinion on him one bit. The statement, the little boy, the sucking up to "Fergie", "Giggsy" and "Scholesy". ****in' cringeworthy.

For 6,5 seasons we were good enough to pay his wages, through the constant injuries, the rape allegations, the red cards. Giving him chance after chance after chance. Then, Manchester United, of all clubs.

****in' sewer rat.

a_fourteen

Established Member
The Jury said:
No offence, AF, but this thread is weak as piss, and just asks the same question in different words. 'Is Arsenal spending enough?' DUH!!

We all know what's wrong with the club. Answering whether RvP was right or not is just pointless and inflammatory. A little more thought should be going into threads. i.e, will we end up discussing something new? a different interesting angle? You could ask 'Are the fans right to be angry?' :lol: Or, 'Does Wenger need a lie down in a darkened room?'
Your point is noted but I think this thread is very relevant. For the past three seasons we have lost our best players all citing the same excuse. As fans we stood by the club -- called Ade and Nasri greedy, said Cesc was tapped up by his boyhood club, RVP was well...a cvnt...and so on and so forth.

But after the fiasco of this summer it seems (to me at least) that we may have wrongly judged those players. If I feel this frustrated as a fan, how would I have felt had my career and livelihood depended on the club? I dont think Wenger realizes that his credibility was on the line this summer and even his biggest loyalists like myself feel we were wrong to blindly support him.

So, is this thread another "why dont we spend more?" maybe. But to me it is also a rethink on how we judged departing players.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Like most of us, I hated it when RVP left and I hated it even more as it was Utd but just stop and think about the title of this thread; Was Robin Van Persie right?

To leave a club that was continually finishing 4th? Yes

Showing no ambition to finish higher? YES

Watching the clubs best players being sold and not replaced? YES

The main reason fans were against him for leaving, including me, was down to loyalty. We felt that we had stood by him with all his injury problems, so he should show the club some loyalty and stay.

This transfer window has proved to me that the club is constantly showing us fans no loyalty what so ever, by repeatedly making empty promises, so how can we expect players to show loyalty to the club?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The club not showing ambition has nothing to do with RVP. RVP was a work in progress for more than six seasons, and ****ed us over (for Manure of all teams) as soon as he learned to walk on his glass legs on his own. The club's lack of ambition from 2006-2010 is the sole reason he even has a career right now, he would have turned into another Eduardo had Wenger brought in a first choice striker during that time.

Adebayor left for City after they finished 10th in the league, and plays for Tottenham these days. Nasri didn't get any slack from me until he explicitly said he was happy to ride City's bench and started to talk **** about Arsenal fans. What is there left to misjudge regarding these players?

Nothing wrong with directing your anger at the club, but there's no need to retrospectively idealise people who have proven themselves to be ****.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
jones said:
The club not showing ambition has nothing to do with RVP. RVP was a work in progress for more than six seasons, and ****** us over (for Manure of all teams) as soon as he learned to walk on his glass legs on his own. The club's lack of ambition from 2006-2010 is the sole reason he even has a career right now, he would have turned into another Eduardo had Wenger brought in a first choice striker during that time.

Adebayor left for City after they finished 10th in the league, and plays for Tottenham these days. Nasri didn't get any slack from me until he explicitly said he was happy to ride City's bench and started to talk **** about Arsenal fans. What is there left to misjudge regarding these players?

Nothing wrong with directing your anger at the club, but there's no need to retrospectively idealise people who have proven themselves to be ****.

I'm not sure if your comment was to my post or not, if it was it would help if you comment on my post rather than make a new post. Anyway, the title of this thread is not "Is RVP ****?" It is "Was RVP right?" and in my opinion he was. As for The club not showing ambition has nothing to do with RVP is ridiculous, of course they are related, if we had shown ambition before he had his one great season, he may well still be playing for us.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't a reply to you, I didn't even see your post after I submitted mine.

tap-in said:
if we had shown ambition before he had his one great season, he may well still be playing for us.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. If we had shown ambition before he probably wouldn't even have had that one great season for us. And what tells you that he wouldn't have stabbed us in the back either way for a 250kpw salary?

It's been more than a year that the he left, we should be able to talk about our club and its ambition without having to create masochistic threads like this.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
jones said:
Wasn't a reply to you, I didn't even see your post after I submitted mine.

tap-in said:
if we had shown ambition before he had his one great season, he may well still be playing for us.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. If we had shown ambition before he probably wouldn't even have had that one great season for us. And what tells you that he wouldn't have stabbed us in the back either way for a 250kpw salary?

It's been more than a year that the he left, we should be able to talk about our club and its ambition without having to create masochistic threads like this.

Yes, this I do agree with, and my post was supposed to be my first and last on this thread :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom