• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: For the first time in a while, I will be very active

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunGun

Rocafella said:
Thread summary. He definitely wasn't lying. Let's hope these guys can come through and we can get our season started.

He wasn't lying about being active... no.
Now we have 8 points to make up. Level pegging is obviously too easy for us. We gave them a lead to make if fair. Now season on!

Gooner_Milton

As far as I'm concerned our Season starts after the International break.

Let the twin nightmare trashings by Utd. and Pool be forgotten memories.

wishful_llama

jaguars4ever said:
patrick42uk said:
Curious to know how supportive Arsène was of these moves
I'd imagine quite. Since, well, he signed them. :D

Well he wasn't even in the UK whilst it was all going on so I do wonder if they were panic buys by the board instead of by Arsène.

TheCMT

Established Member
People viewing Arteta as Cesc replacement are wrong. Both Wenger and Cesc both see Wilshere as his replacement and I am not disappointed by this. I am quite pleased that Arsène got a good premiership player (whoese name is not Silvestre :p) If we believe the reports we tried hard to sign few top talents and were ready to pay good money for them (20+ mi) though since it was late it was not feasible. I believe we will sign a couple of players in Winter window (I may be wrong though).

been

can someone do the calculations

what is our final list of players out and in with all numerical figures next to their name

its 3 in the morning here so im to lazy

mistaT

Established Member
alboots101 said:
I like Arteta but this whole last minute thing smacks of panic buying, lets all hope it works out eh.

I wonder how many of these signings were actually last minute?

More than likely contact had been made a while ago and it had been kept under wraps Arsenal style.

entropy13

Established Member
I don't exactly see Arteta taking only 15-20 minutes to decide "I'll go to a team that has Champions League football AND take a 25k p/w paycut to do so!"

progman07

Established Member
I believe Wenger has a list of players for every position, and from then on he doesn't need to be involved. I also believe the players we got in weren't his first choice at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom