• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger Saving up

Adam

Established Member
Saving up. Economical Wenger. Strasbourg University experiences.

He is doing it rightly too. A great understanding of the market shown there.

20 Million would buy us alot of our targets in the summer.

JazzG

Established Member
I'd like to see one quality CB bought in, someone who can command the defense because Campbell isn't like that. Someone similar to Woodgate or Terry. I hear Metzelder might be available in the summer, I wonder how much they would let him go for? They are having financial problems so maybe we can get him for under £10mill which would be good buisness imo.

thegame24

Established Member
a knight never leaves a lady eh tik?

well we took the biggest knight of them all and he left for the most beautiful lady. and no longer is this man just a knight, he is now a KING.

KING HENRY

I dont know so much i would rather see AW get another forward now rather than leave it till the summer when it looks like Bergkamp will be leaving!
Granted we got some great talent coming through from the youth squad but we cant just rely on that.

AFCG7

Established Member
Metzelder.. havent heard his name mentioned around here for a while.. i rate him as a quality CB.. i dont know if he will be available but if we get him our backline would look even more solid.
He will cost us though..at least 8-12 million

flotz

about the 20 m its something they added in the article wenger didnt say exactly how much we 'll have
there was the same interview on arsenal.com and it was the same but without a specific amount of money
so it doesnt mean we really have 20 m to spend in the summer ...maybe but its not sure

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
AFG, Metzelder would be good, but he's hurt (long term injury i believe - at least a few months away)....

but he did play very well in the WC and has made a nice profile for himself..... and quite young too (24 i think?)

Even if he did say 20mill, you COULD interpret the quote as meaning the same 10 mill will be worth twice as much in the summer as it is now because the market will be so much more liquid. I for one will believe it when we've spent it

JazzG

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Metzelder.. havent heard his name mentioned around here for a while.. i rate him as a quality CB.. i dont know if he will be available but if we get him our backline would look even more solid.
He will cost us though..at least 8-12 million

He has 1 year left on his contract, it expires in 2005. Problem is every big club will be after him and I mean everyone. R.Madrid and Man utd have tried hard in the past to get him but he has turned them down as he wanted to stay at Dortmund.

He is only 23 and is already Dortmund's captain. He is having a problem with his achillies tendon right now.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lets not get carried away, we might love to see him here but wenger might not even be thinking about him. He might not even be thinking about getting a new center back for all we know. if, as a lot of people expect, we are signing eto'o it will take all of the 20 million to get him.

JazzG

Established Member
Wenger will have lost his mind if he spends £20mill on him.

Some German newspaper, which according to Sammer is reliable, Bild recently linked us with him.

I'm not saying Wenger will sign him but he definitely would be on top of my list for players to buy. Then probably Kluivert as if we can get him going at £1.2mill it will be a bargain, if not I think we can sell him for more than double that.....

A

Anonymous

wenger should not have told anyone that he trying to up his kitty to 20mill :)

Now the selling team will know how much they got and up the price.

is that what they teach in strasborg, telling the opposition what he is doing

stupid i say

JazzG

Established Member
I do find him saying this odd, he always usually keeps things like this close to his chest..........

patrick42uk

Established Member
there are two, cheaper, but still quality defenders on the market. Daniele bonera and matteo ferrari both of parma.

D.Dappa

could Wenger possibly be saving for a 16-19million bid for Reyes?????...............my choice would be Eto'o for 12million, and Mexes at around 6million.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I reckon if we get anyone now it will be on loan with mexes, kluivert or larsson, and a midfielder in the summer for a total of approx £12m (possibly frey and bonera as well if parma go bankrupt, ore even smith / milner if leeds go up the spout)

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom