• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger Saving up

dynasty

im for eto,and metzelder...parker as well if possible..someone between dem 3..
wouldnt be mad with reyes as well..just want quality

Andrew

Good idea by Wenger... this is what I want him to do. Because if we buy now we will only get a decent striker like Defoe or Angel. If we save then we can buy a great striker to pair with Henry... because at the moment we have enough good (but not great) strikers. There also won't be the situation about being cup tied and there won't be many other things (such as games, injuries etc.) to hinder his thoughts.

Of course it would be exciting to sign someone now but I think it makes more sense to wait.

I also think one of our targets should be someone who can fill Pires' shoes in the future. He's going to be difficult to replace and only has a few years left at his peak probably.

reggiepaul

I don't think wengers that bonkers to buy big and then risk losing someone (supposedly a massive asset) to injury.

I think we'll see a proven talent come through with the squad we have at the minute. A cheap one at that.

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
a knight never leaves a lady eh tik?

well we took the biggest knight of them all and he left for the most beautiful lady. and no longer is this man just a knight, he is now a KING.

KING HENRY
yeah..he is a king of nothing...
the biggest mistake of henry's life is leaving juve for a small club in london...

can he play in champions league final with arsenal?..never...

Jinn

Established Member
Henry was achieving nothing at Juventus. He has become one of the best players in the world at Arsenal.

You are talking out of your rectum.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Andrew said:
Of course it would be exciting to sign someone now but I think it makes more sense to wait.

Yes indeed. I was really hoping for Kluivert in Jan, but he is right to say that no one is going anywhere and so makes a tricky time to sign someone. This could all change though if Vieri moves for example. One big signing could cause a landslide, but I doubt it. AW does not think (as I do not) that Defoe is a world class contender.

Kluivert in summer, Reyes too and a great CB (unless Senderros actually plays without injury and proves his worth) I like Metzelder and he is MadJens best mate so you never know. Bring Pennant back from Leeds if no Reyes. If we are having a bad day in Leicester we can sub him to toss those balls onto Titis lap.

Aaah who knows really? LOL we are in the dark as much as anyone.

Andrew

tikuih said:
thegame24 said:
a knight never leaves a lady eh tik?

well we took the biggest knight of them all and he left for the most beautiful lady. and no longer is this man just a knight, he is now a KING.

KING HENRY
yeah..he is a king of nothing...
the biggest mistake of henry's life is leaving juve for a small club in london...

can he play in champions league final with arsenal?..never...

And if he would had stayed at Juventus would he have played in the final? Nope... he'd be rotting away in the reserves. You can't admit that the biggest mistake Juve made was selling Henry. And now he is widely accepted as the second best player in the world and the second best player in Europe.

And if you want to get all picky like this then what about this: Another Frenchman left your club in 2001 having never won the Champions League but then a year later won it with another club. Who cares about "making the final", it only matters if you win it, and this something he has done by leaving your club.

And before you joined this board I actually liked Juventus, but your arrogant, one eyed criticisms about our players has made me feel differently. Good on ya.

JGooner

This is extraordinarily candid. Wenger is not only saying he wants to save up £20m for the summer but is also specifying that he has £10m now. This revelation would normally lead to clubs jacking up the prices for the players we are interested in, which makes me suspect that the deal for a striker has already been done. Probably Eto'o.

JazzG

Established Member
I hope he doesn't go for Eto'o, reason is most of that £20mill will be gone if we sign him.

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
I hope he doesn't go for Eto'o, reason is most of that £20mill will be gone if we sign him.

Eto'o wont cost 20 mill.

If it is true we have this money we definatly need a right back or centre back (depending on what position Toure is played) and a striker, maybe even two.

I think we can get Eto'o for around 12/13 mill (but really it would surprise me if Wenger spent that much) leaving 7 mill for a decent defender.

We could also do with a right sided mid player, but hopefully we already have that in Pennant.

A

Anonymous

And remember we should have an extra 5 mill from sales of Jeffers and Gio.

A

Anonymous

AndrewPires said:
Eto'o or Kluivert along with Metzelder and Parker too be Parlour's replacement.

scott parker would be a excellent addition

british grit in midfiled.

100% better then parlour.

1. tackles hard
2. shoots from long range on target
3. scores regularly not every 2 yrs

Ridge

i dont really hope we spend all our 20 million (if we do have..) on one or two players, except really true world class players.

maybe sign in 3 or 4 in different positions.

JazzG

Established Member
I think Eto'o will cost us around £15mill. I don't think you can count the £5mill for gio + Jeffers. Wenger said he is looking to save up 20mill so that seems to me he is including players sold in that figure.

I would much rather go for Metzelder which would cost us £10mill, £1.2mill on Kluivert and then one attacking midfielder.

Charlton have said they would turn down £15mill for Parker.

lewdikris

Established Member
The players sold would be factored in.

Eto'o or Reyes remain the obvious targets - despite their clubs protestations, I think both would come for a bit under 15 million.

And both would be class.

Then get, perhaps, a back-up central defender.

And Yaya Toure. The deal with Metalurgs is a blatant coverup for a summer move to us....

Adam

Established Member
lewdikris said:
And Yaya Toure. The deal with Metalurgs is a blatant coverup for a summer move to us....

That is what i am hoping. Metalurg is a very big step down for a player of his ability.

He'll be here soon.

JazzG

Established Member
back-up central defender? I think we should move Toure to the right so that leaves us short in the centre. Senderos is young and Cygan isn't good enough. Metzelder would be ideal for us, with 1 year left on his contract and his good friend Jens playing for us we surely must try to sign him.

Reyes would cost us over £25mill so we can forget about him.

I hope your right about yaya as well.......

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom