• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger Saving up

lewdikris

Established Member
I think it'll probably be Eto'o to be honest.

Metzelder would be a budget blower.

I know him and Freddie aren't bezzy mates, but Mellberg is a fine defender, and a big bugger - and I think Wenger favours big buggers in the middle to counterbalance the pace and power on the flanks.

I think he'll assess Cygan at the end of the season and decide if we need a new body there.

JazzG

Established Member
I can't see Cygan being our No.1 choice next season, he is ok as a backup but not as our first choice. Metzelder is only 23 and probably the best german defender around, I think we need a player like him who can really control our defense properly.

I don't think Eto'o is worth £15mill, he had a few games and has been way over-hyped. He is good but that not good. Kluivert would only cost us £1.2mill, I think Wenger could bring the best out of him, he can play right upfront and sometimes even come abit deeper allowing others to get forward.

lewdikris

Established Member
Kluivert, Metzelder, Yaya - great business. All for under 15 mill total.

That's the economic option, i guess...

Ahh, we'll see.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think Wenger's happy with the defence and the midfield. I think he'll sign 2 strikers, like he's mentioned before. Eto'o and perhaps Defoe. I know their similar but its just a hunch I have.

tbbosa

tikuih said:
thegame24 said:
a knight never leaves a lady eh tik?

well we took the biggest knight of them all and he left for the most beautiful lady. and no longer is this man just a knight, he is now a KING.

KING HENRY
yeah..he is a king of nothing...
the biggest mistake of henry's life is leaving juve for a small club in london...

can he play in champions league final with arsenal?..never...

Man something is definately eating away at you. U thought by leaving Juve he was doomed. well he has become what U could just dream of at Juve.

Pray very hard that we do not meet you in CL, because the "KING" will want to prove to Juve waht U missed. And that my friend is very scarely!!!

laolu

why don't we all forget all these possibilities and leave Wenger to fo his job?

just kidding!

I have no idea who Wenger wants to buy. But coming out and saying we'll have £20 mill to spend in the summer wasn't that bright. hope he knows what he's doing

A.Hussain

if i know wenger, he would not jeopardise his position as a buyer and let up on how much money hes got.

and this issue with defoe a target, wenger only used him as a decoy. he said the same for angel, but i dont know if it was psyche out for the upcoming game.

and he wants a player who can take over from titi a little more often. that sounds like a job for etoo maybe. but can he be a titi partner as well? will that hinder ali's progress. untill the summer it is all speculation. so i suggest for those of u who would like to get the best seats in this play, grab a snickers and get comfy. its gonna be a long while till the summer

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom