• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Have people written Mustafi off?

We have a WC CB in Kosc, and 3 great options in Mustafi, Holding and Monreal, a good option in Gabriel and a seasoned veteran in Per.

We have IMO a very steady set of CBs. As much as I would love for us to sign Manolas, it is not a position of any urgency.

Still, people want Holding to start over Mustafi or Monreal... I don't see that happening.

He has been really poor since he got back from injury. At the Confederation's cup, has been mediocre so far as well. That is pretty alarming. Hopefully he will raise his game next season. Otherwise, I would feel much safer with Holding who has proved to be a much steadier defender lately.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It's not about a bidding war though? It's about where Mbappe wants to go... like Monaco's president said.

Where Mbappe wants to go as long as the club is able to cash out.
These guys are as ruthless as Aulas, they will go for the highest bidder and take the most money. Look at the players they sold the last few years, some of them totally oversold. James went to RM for 80 M, Martial for 70 to 80M and ther list goes on...

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He has been really poor since he got back from injury. At the Confederation's cup, has been mediocre so far as well. That is pretty alarming. Hopefully he will raise his game next season. Otherwise, I would feel much safer with Holding who has proved to be a much steadier defender lately.

It's understandable that a player won't be firing on all cylinders when they are back from injury. 3421 provides a lot of cover for our defenders... Hell Gabriel looked quite good in the same system.

I get your point though, thinking about it, Holding has hardly put wrong (which is amazing for a defender of his age). I was a lot more impressed with Mustafi when he first joined.

Still, Holding, Gabriel and Mustafi are amazing CB options to have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Where Mbappe wants to go as long as the club is able to cash out.
These guys are as ruthless as Aulas, they will go for the highest bidder and take the most money. Look at the players they sold the last few years, some of them totally oversold. James went to RM for 80 M, Martial for 70 to 80M and ther list goes on...

Again, why would we enter the race if we couldn't pay... not logical. Spouting nonsense my friend.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It's understandable that a player won't be firing on all cylinders when they are back from injury. 3421 provides a lot of cover for our defenders... Hell Gabriel looked quite good in the same system.

I get your point though, thinking about it, Holding has hardly put wrong (which is amazing for a defender of his age). I was a lot more impressed with Mustafi when he first joined.

Still, Holding, Gabriel and Mustafi are amazing CB options to have.

I would even add Per to the list. He had a master class in the Cup final. The old man can still be helpful.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Again, why would we enter the race if we couldn't pay... not logical. Spouting nonsense my friend.

Let's keep this convo respectful and civil. You are giving your opinion and I giving mine, no need to make it disrespectful.
You are coming from a position that the player will decide. Yes, he has his word in the deal but the club as well has his saying and the money will be the deciding factor for them.
At the end of the day, it is not like Mbappe has said it is Arsenal or nothing either. He is actually more open to Madrid than us. That is why I put our chances to 5%.
That is not the first time we have entered races and we could not compete at the end, from CR7 to Eden Hazard or Anthony Martial.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The players that are 50/50 or more to be sold are -

Chambers
Wilshere
Ospina
Szczesny
Alexis
Giroud
Perez
Joel Campbell
Debuchy
Gibbs
Jenko

But then you have a dilemma because we can't sell more than 4 homegrown players so we have to keep one from that above list. No doubt Wenger wants to get players in before Alexis comes back to show him that we have ambition.

I still think Lemar would be replacing cazorla, Lacazette would replace Perez and Giroud and then Mbappe is a marquee signing who can play anywhere.

Think all are viable regardless of Alexis leaving.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Let's keep this convo respectful and civil. You are giving your opinion and I giving mine, no need to make it disrespectful.
You are coming from a position that the player will decide. Yes, he has his word in the deal but the club as well has his saying and the money will be the deciding factor for them.
At the end of the day, it is not like Mbappe has said it is Arsenal or nothing either. He is actually more open to Madrid than us. That is why I put our chances to 5%.
That is not the first time we have entered races and we could not compete at the end, from CR7 to Eden Hazard or Anthony Martial.

Due to money/wages being too high for us, that is very different now. We could match whatever wage is offered and could match whatever fee is offered.

Also Wenger didn't have a relationship with the players family like he does with Mbappe. So many different variables from the three you stated.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Due to money/wages being too high for us, that is very different now. We could match whatever wage is offered and could match whatever fee is offered.

Also Wenger didn't have a relationship with the players family like he does with Mbappe. So many different variables from the three you stated.

Wenger has great relationships with a lot of french players or players from L1, that didn't change the fact he could not sign most of them.

No we can't match any fee and we won't. PSG or Real can outbid us, we don't have unlimited funds and Wenger will not do it either. If there is a bidding war, we can't win it. This is simple.
If that is not the case, we have a chance.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wenger has great relationships with a lot of french players or players from L1, that didn't change the fact he could not sign most of them.

No we can't match any fee and we won't. PSG or Real can outbid us, we don't have unlimited funds and Wenger will not do it either.

Once again, how can either of those clubs outbid us if the player wants to join us and decides to join us?

Teams are waiting for Mbappe's decision, once he has made it, and if he's asked to join another club then that club will enter negotiations with Monaco to find a fee.

No other club will bid once they know mbappe's decision...

Going to keep going round in circles with you because you clearly cannot be bothered to acknowledge any other point other than your own.

Adios.

TH14

What would be your expectations for the season if we sold Alexis, and managed to sign Lemar, Mbappé and Lacazette?

carlito'sway

Established Member
Once again, how can either of those clubs outbid us if the player wants to join us and decides to join us?

Teams are waiting for Mbappe's decision, once he has made it, and if he's asked to join another club then that club will enter negotiations with Monaco to find a fee.

No other club will bid once they know mbappe's decision...

Going to keep going round in circles with you because you clearly cannot be bothered to acknowledge any other point other than your own.

Adios.

Sure, teams are waiting for Mbappe's decision....So he will decide and ASM will oblige.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

I disagree with the wages bit.

Was it not you who posted that we are restricted with wages etc due to certain regulations (can't remember correctly).

There would need to be heavy outgoings to match what the big teams are willing to offer.

The reality is we can't actually compete with the big/elite teams (we are not on their level at all) in terms of lure and money. Unless as you say, Mbappe chooses us, then what other clubs can do becomes irrelevant.

Wounded Healer

The players that are 50/50 or more to be sold are -

Chambers
Wilshere
Ospina
Szczesny
Alexis
Giroud
Perez
Joel Campbell
Debuchy
Gibbs
Jenko

But then you have a dilemma because we can't sell more than 4 homegrown players so we have to keep one from that above list. No doubt Wenger wants to get players in before Alexis comes back to show him that we have ambition.

I still think Lemar would be replacing cazorla, Lacazette would replace Perez and Giroud and then Mbappe is a marquee signing who can play anywhere.

Think all are viable regardless of Alexis leaving.

dont forget we can still give a chance to a player from the academy...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I disagree with the wages bit.

Was it not you who posted that we are restricted with wages etc due to certain regulations (can't remember correctly).

There would need to be heavy outgoings to match what the big teams are willing to offer.

The reality is we can't actually compete with the big/elite teams (we are not on their level at all) in terms of lure and money. Unless as you say, Mbappe chooses us, then what other clubs can do becomes irrelevant.

No I posted how the articles saying about our wages being restricted was nonsense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Exactly, if Mbappe chooses us then anything Madrid do is completely irrelevant. But of course it's Carlitos way or the high way and that fact doesn't matter. Despite everyone else seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom