• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Why did you bring Howie and Coyle into this? We were talking about Klopp.

I'm not bringing City into anything. I was just highlighting how terrible excuse it is for Klopp saying he didn't have Sanchez or Özil.

I mean I know you are fan of the guy but in recent years he has been nothing but shadow of his former self. Average.

Apologies, I saw another one of your posts and thought you were comparing Klopp with Coyle and Howe.

Think you have to consider that Liverpool were behind most other top 4 contenders. Gerrard gone, Sturridge permanently injured, Sterling gone, Suarez gone. They'd lost most of the quality they had assembled and the replacements were inadequate. Klopp has managed to get the most out of those players and supplemented with a few good additions i.e. Mane.

blaise

Personally think we are making big longterm mistakes this summer with not selling everybody who doesnt want to extend. If it was just Alexis and we already brought Lemar, then ok we go all in for one more shot although we are not real contenders but who knows.

But this situation if we let Özil and Sanchez go on free with our limited budget we will be Liverpool for next ten years at best. Lack of vision is what hurts most. Instead of a rebuilding we are again opting for provisional title attempt when at best we can aim for top4 and still losing our top players in summer with 100m budget to replace them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We can bring in any manager we want, but it won't solve anything in the long run. Our serious problems are coming from board level, we've got an owner who couldn't even care less about seeing 'his club' winning trophies.
A new owner is essential for us to get out of this mess.
The owner gave Wenger over 200m to spend in the last few years and from that he bought two very good players. Heck last season he spent nearly 100m on three players one of whom has his foot out the door and rumours has it another one may not be far behind him. We could have the Shiek owning us but if the manager cannot spend the money provided wisely we will be in trouble.

Malky

Established Member
The owner gave Wenger over 200m to spend in the last few years and from that he bought two very good players. Heck last season he spent nearly 100m on three players one of whom has his foot out the door and rumours has it another one may not be far behind him. We could have the Shiek owning us but if the manager cannot spend the money provided wisely we will be in trouble.
All that is true, I'm not going to disagree with you. But we also have an owner who must be happy with how Wenger is doing it as he's accepting what is going on. He's the one who keeps giving Wenger his backing with contract extensions.

Axel9090

All that is true, I'm not going to disagree with you. But we also have an owner who must be happy with how Wenger is doing it as he's accepting what is going on. He's the one who keeps giving Wenger his backing with contract extensions.
A manager who's happy to run a circus show and an owner that's entertained by it, one big recipe for disaster.

One Love

If we don't sell all the expirings and begin the rebuild after this match.........speechless. this team has ZERO shot at a top 4 finish

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Five days to sell Alexis, Ox & try to sell Özil even at <30m.

Build round our top youth & u23 players with potential complemented by experience.

Be honest about the project.

We are not challenging the Bayerns, Madrid, Barce etc in our lifetimes... Stop lying to the fans.

No idea of individuals but as fans not our job to identify targets... By all reports Renato Sanchez, Ross Barkley, Julian Draxler, Keita Balde, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Jadon Sancho, Filipe Malcolm, Gabigol are viable deals this window... Who knows if any would fit.

blaise

Everton is in front of us at the moment. This is just a sequel of last season. What is intresting is that this same team rolled over Chelski with ease two months ago, so the problem isnt in quality. Something is very rotten inside the club and team is perfect mirror of that. Doubt we are going in rebuilding anyway, this club is just about profit in the end .Expecting last day transfer of Mahrez or Draxler but that is just cosmetics. This team has no future.

RoadrunnerReloaded

@Slartibartfast

So are you saying that if a rich owner is a childhood fan of the club its okay to inject cash into the club but if the rich owner wasn't a childhood fan its not as morally acceptable to you?

Also, if you want to judge Arsenal solely on "how the club is run", that's fine with me. But then based on those standards, I would say Kroenke is still a worse owner for us than Etihad has been for City as our club has really been very poorly run ever since Kroenke took over. Could also argue that Kroenke is worse than the Glazers or FSG based how the clubs are run let alone the best run clubs in the world currently.

Also you have to distinguish City and PSG from Chelsea as City is not just a rich billionaires play thing.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
This season is already over. We will not challenge for the title, we will not challenge for a CL spot and we will not win any titles. Goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom