• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is the biggest mistake the club made that has put us in our current situation?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Klopp has done everything right at Pool since arriving, weeded out the un-necessities, been doing splendid in the transfer windows and inhaled a winning culture. Marvelous manager, on his way to become the 2nd best in the league history if he stays a decade or so

GDeep™

League is very weak
Matip on a free was significantly better business than Mustafi for 35 million...he was very good that season, they got Champions League, then were in a position to spend that kind of money in the future.

Liverpool have been great with their funds since Klopp went there.
Of course. It says a lot though when you come on here and people keep talking about Xhaka and Mustafi, it was only 60M ffs. How many years we going to keep talking about those deals? What about all the profits Wenger made?

How ridiculous does this sound? We have a billionaire owner, a manager in Wenger who made massive profits, yet people still cry about Mustafi.

Btw, I think I was the only person who was against Mustafi when we signed him, this forum loved the signing. Hopefully someone can find the thread where we were linked with him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Klopp has done everything right at Pool since arriving, weeded out the un-necessities, been doing splendid in the transfer windows and inhaled a winning culture. Marvelous manager, on his way to become the 2nd best in the league history if he stays a decade or so
Took him 5 years to win his first league, and a few hundred million. At this rate he’ll need to be at Liverpool till 2035 plus to surpass Wenger in the PL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Instead of marvelling at other managers and their records, again, when are our owners going to hire and back managers for something other than finish top 6?

It’s like you guys are looking everywhere but at the guys running our club.

Next season when we finish 6-8 who do we blame? Artera? Wenger? AFTV? Özil? Immigrants? Trump? The weather? Because I know we don’t look at Stan.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I thought about the mistakes we made in the last two decades and every single mistake just ends in the hands of Gazidis. Most of the mistakes were made in transfer windows. The window where we only signed Cech was a master class **** up. We lost the season to ****ing Leicester. That season was a golden chance for us. Every other team was going through some churn. We had the advantage of having a stable set-up. Still we ****ed up. If we had won that season, Arsenal would have been lot different now.

UpTheGunnerz

Been here 5 years and no domestic success at all. I suspect he’ll leave soon too, guessing a club like Liverpool is too intense and you need a break.

Klopp seems to enjoy intensivy though.
One league win, one CL, two other european finals, a more or less complete team. Potential for long term domination

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Took him 5 years to win his first league, and a few hundred million. At this rate he’ll need to be at Liverpool till 2035 plus to surpass Wenger in the PL.
That's because he couldn't match city's spending.

At least now he has a first XI that can match any team in the world

GDeep™

League is very weak
Klopp seems to enjoy intensivy though.
One league win, one CL, two other european finals, a more or less complete team. Potential for long term domination
It’s a big test for him and the club, you can argue this current cycle is coming to an end and they have to spend on a new crop of players and go again. Get those signings right again.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Instead of marvelling at other managers and their records, again, when are our owners going to hire and back managers for something other than finish top 6?

Next season when we finish 6-8 who do we blame? Artera? Wenger? AFTV? Özil? Immigrants? Trump? The weather? Because I know we don’t look at Stan.
I personally blame the people who sold to Stan and Stan himself. The mentality behind those selling shares to him is exactly why we pushed through brexit in UK, we sadly have a deep rooted problem over here.
I also blame the Emirates move - I remember when David Dein strongly opposed it. The club has not been the same since he left.

Wenger over achieved in the Emirates' initial years for sure. He fell off towards the end of his reign, which is a fair assessment to me but something that will divide fans forever.

Is he the reason why we are where we are now? I don't think so, he probably delayed it by 5 years.

UpTheGunnerz

It’s a big test for him and the club, you can argue this current cycle is coming to an end and they have to spend on a new crop of players and go again. Get those signings right again.

Yeah nothing is set in Stone. But i feel the potential

GDeep™

League is very weak
Signing Xhaka
Yet he’s been a leader, captain and starter for every manager Arsenal have had.

Think a lot happened before and after those signings.

I mean Torreira isn’t a starter, he cost 30m. I don’t think Arteta will start him.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I thought about the mistakes we made in the last two decades and every single mistake just ends in the hands of Gazidis. Most of the mistakes were made in transfer windows. The window where we only signed Cech was a master class **** up. We lost the season to ****ing Leicester. That season was a golden chance for us. Every other team was going through some churn. We had the advantage of having a stable set-up. Still we ****ed up. If we had won that season, Arsenal would have been lot different now.
That's the one of our most damaging transfer window ever.

We didn't really need to bin Scezeny and sign Cech.

Our biggest need that summer was a striker. If we had a striker, we probably would have won the league.

I bet Gazidis was wanking himself over a second place finish

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Everyone has mentioned how **** Stan is mate...you're not some whistle-blower, fighting the good fight all by yourself :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Everyone has mentioned how **** Stan is mate...you're not some whistle-blower, fighting the good fight all by yourself :lol:
Exactly. There are still decisions to be made under a ****ty owner that can make you crap, or a good team.

Whenever we talk about anyone but Kroenke, its still within the Kroenke universe, we arent protecting him or making excuses. If all we could possibly scrutinise is Silent Stan we might as pack it in as fans and call it a day.

I guess @GDeep™ has already done that though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m not sure. When Wenger was here it was the same, I was questioning Stan while you all killed a man getting us top 4 on peanuts.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom