• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which starter would you sell?

Who we selling?

• Ramsdale

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Saliba

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Gabriel M

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • White

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Zinchenko

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Ødegaard

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Saka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Martinelli

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Jesus

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I probably rate Ramsdale a bit higher than you so we'll have to agree to disagree on how easy he it to replace even at a current level.

Guess it comes down to whether you just replacing for next season vs. the next 3-4. Seems to be a real focus on the team growing and developing together given everyone you're signing seems to be around the same age. Think I'd probably agree that replacing him just for next season wouldn't be the toughest task in the world, but that'd be the same for many other positions as well if age isn't an issue etc.
Ramsdale is a weird case, I rate his potential very highly, like genuinely world class if he could put it all together. We've seen most parts at different times so in theory it should be possible.

The problem is his mentality, guys just not serious enough as a professional player. Playing up for the cameras, bantering off rival fans, that painful interview with him and Stones etc with the regular clangers he drops certain other players would've been ran out the country for his antics.

He's been here two years now how much has he really developed in that time?

Bucephalus

From a purely management/business perspective, and understanding the rule is to net 100 million, I would strongly consider selling one of the young jewels: get all the money in one go, and have fewer holes to have to fill. Selling Ramsdale plus Zinny plus White would get you above 100 million going by Trasfermarkt valuations but that just leaves you needing to get another keeper and two new defenders.

Saka would easily clear the 100 million threshold and more, we keep Balogun and reshuffle the existing attacking options?

Martinelli for somewhere around 100 million and same, keep Balogun and reshuffle the attacking options?

Saliba for somewhere around 100 million and hope to god Kiwior is up to it?

But from a fan perspective, any of those would make watching Arsenal a lot less enjoyable. So I'll go with Jesus plus White, and gamble that Nketiah and Balogun can combine to lead the line.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ramsdale is a weird case, I rate his potential very highly, like genuinely world class if he could put it all together. We've seen most parts at different times so in theory it should be possible.

The problem is his mentality, guys just not serious enough as a professional player. Playing up for the cameras, bantering off rival fans, that painful interview with him and Stones etc with the regular clangers he drops certain other players would've been ran out the country for his antics.

He's been here two years now how much has he really developed in that time?

Think you could've said the same about Szczesny tbh, anyone suggesting he would've been the person to take over from Buffon at Juve while he was here would've been laughed out of this place, dude looked shaky and borderline disinterested in football towards the end of his tenure here.

Keepers in general are weird. You can only really go so far by developing the technical aspects. I've heard so many goalkeeping coaches over the years say 90% of goalkeeping is done mentally. Sure, you're touch, technique, passing and all that does matter, but even something like playing out from the back is mostly a mental game, your ability to see space, trusting in your feet etc. Thing is, the mental side of football tends to develop almost completely separately from the technical aspects, and for some it never does.

My biggest worry with Ramsdale is he clearly cares too much what the fans think. When he's doing well, it tends to elevate his game because he's playing with swagger, but when he's in a bit of poor form you can clearly see the howlers are right around the corner as well because he's starting to doubt himself or trying to do something extra to regain some of his favor from the crowd, if that makes sense.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The thread is based around you needing to raise money, so I'd assume selling and replacing for the same price isn't an option here. Would need @Macho to clarify I guess.

If it’s for FFP reasons then selling a player and buying another for the same price actually frees up loads of money due to accounting rules (as long as you don’t buy a player by triggering a release clause). So yeah you can sell of our Crown Jewels. I’m sure @Macho would positively encourage it tbh

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Oh this is a difficult one. There's nobody in that list I don't rate. Think I'd maybe go Zinchenko even though I love him too but I think he could be upgraded on from a defensive point of view. Follow that with Jesus, White and Ramsdale.

Saliba, Gabriel, Martinelli, Saka and Ødegaard are untouchable right now for me.

Buhry

Established Member

Jesus, if we win the league with him as a striker I'll be suprised. In the big games you don't get that many chances and then you need someone with killer instinct, he has the bottle instinct. Honestly his finishing last season was at times abysmal. He has a lot of good qualities but a striker needs to be able to finish.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Laurence Fishburne Pop GIF by ABC Network

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The guy has created this whole thread as an elaborate ruse to get people talking about selling Nelli. Must be a slow work day in the @Macho family bid’niss

Only just seen this, you're close I was just trying to see who would be up for selling the crown jewels if the conditions made it somewhat acceptable.

So far though, 1 anon voted Ødegaard and it's turned into a Jesus out thread unfortunately. Could be a future Havertz out thread from the looks of things.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Only just seen this, you're close I was just trying to see who would be up for selling the crown jewels if the conditions made it somewhat acceptable.

So far though, 1 anon voted Ødegaard and it's turned into a Jesus out thread unfortunately. Could be a future Havertz out thread from the looks of things.

Was a fun exercise tbh. Although a bit like asking if you’d rather lose your c*ck or your dominant hand when most of AM use both together on the regular. How would they choose?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Partey. The poorest performing player in our starting 11 two seasons on the trot. We even have a much better player in Jorginho.

Why would we sell any of the players mentioned as performaned very well last season.

Must have a new shiny toy mentality.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Partey. The poorest performing player in our starting 11 two seasons on the trot. We even have a much better player in Jorginho.

Why would we sell any of the players mentioned as performaned very well last season.

Must have a new shiny toy mentality.

ESPN even had a Twitter post mentioning Partey as the best defensive midfielder
and he's rated by pundits as well.

However he also would not feature on Love Island, so you don't rate him because he has no swag.

Without him, we wouldn't give City a run for the title.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
ESPN even had a Twitter post mentioning Partey as the best defensive midfielder
and he's rated by pundits as well.

However he also would not feature on Love Island, so you don't rate him because he has no swag.

Without him, we wouldn't give City a run for the title.

Token black guy, they had to include him for diversity reasons (either that or our 🆕 mber 1 league position at the time they thought they must have an Arsenal player). Plus African Twitter who insist he is Vieira and Yaya hybrid and if you disagree with that you get death threats.

Also according to rumours I think Partey would love a bit Love Island.

Fact is, Holding in the time that Partey has been here, Holding produced more good peformances than Partey has despite Holdings limited game time.

No other player in the starting 11 has comes close to Partey in terms the amount of poor peformances the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom