• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who are we gonna play upfront for the semi-final?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 86
  • Views 2,507

wiltord11

on arsenal.com it says that wiltord and bergkamp might be ready for the fa cup tie and wont be ready for next tuesday so its going to be a very young strike force proberly bentley and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie up front

lewdikris

Established Member
Kanu and Papadopoulos - Bentley in left midfield. Bentley and Kanu both play too deep to work together really.

Should be an interesting night.

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
Kanu and Papadopoulos - Bentley in left midfield. Bentley and Kanu both play too deep to work together really.

Should be an interesting night.

Will Kanu still be here then? I thought he just had permission to play on Sunday and then he was off?

Id play Wiltord and Papadopolus, and also Kanu if available.

Adam

Established Member
He can go on next wednesday the latest. Wiltord would of been a good option for this game.

Papa is a bit of a risk. I'd quite like to see the pace of Quincy/Smith up front - Kanu and one of them would be good. Jerome Thomas might play. Edu, Parlour, Keown etc will all get a game.

AFCG7

Established Member
Kanu will probably be off as soon as possible after the Villa game.. i think the NIgerian FA has already given us a break.. dont think Wenger will strecth it too far .
I am certain then that Bentley will start maybe alongside PapaD or even Pires for the 1st game with Henry and Freddie on the bench if needed.
Wiltord hasnt been playing much so i doubt he will start.. same goes for Bergkamp.

thegame24

Established Member
papadontpreach upfront with bentley

Papadopulos Bentley

Thomas Edu Gilberto Parlour

clichy tavlaridies keown lauren

and stick me in goal

have 3 greeks in the team lol

Valleyman

I wouldn't think it'd be that bad if Titi played, as he would bring such a boost both on and off the field for the youngsters. But he called upon, would he be up for the task, and the determiness needed to win the tie?

Chips&CurrySauce

It will be interesting as it says on the Arsenal website that Wiltord and Dennis won't beready for the Cup game. I'm sure Henry will be rested and Kanu will have left for the ANC. I'm sure Pires and Fredie will also be rested so it looks like we're goong to have a really young strike force out.

David Bentley, Papadopoulos, Thomas and maybe Quincy have all got a chance of playing.

I think the team will be Stack, Lauren, Keown, Stepanovs, Clichy, Parlour, Edu, Thomas, Smith, Papad and Bentley.

Andrew

If Kanu stays for this match I think it will be Bentley and Kanu. Otherwise, I really don't know. I think the only real natural striker we have remaining is Papadopolous.

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
If Kanu stays for this match I think it will be Bentley and Kanu. Otherwise, I really don't know. I think the only real natural striker we have remaining is Papadopolous.

I have heard reports that Kanu is playing, and that he is going to Africa. If he doesnt play i have no idea who we will play, especailly as it looks like Wiltord and Dennis are out.
A stike force of Papa and Bentley is not good enough for a Boro team who will be giving everything to win.

I have an idea that Wiltord and Dennis will play, even if not 100%.

laolu

Bergkamp and Wiltord might not even be fit for the fa cup tie on saturday not to mention the carling cup game on tuesday.

Wenger said Kanu would leave on earliest on Monday and latest on Wednesday for the Nations Cup. That means he could be available to play Villa on Tuesday.

Wenger WILL rest Henry.

I predict Kanu and Bentley or Papdoulous or somebody. It's up to Wenger to show that the young boys can still be counted on.

I predict:

Stack

Lauren Cygan Keown Clichy

Parlour Cesac Gilberto Edu

Kanu Bentley

wiltord11

yeh thats a good team but i dont think he will play gilberto i would like him to cause i wouldnt mind seeing him play on tuesday but i dont think he will play him cause he will proberly play against aston villa i think it might look like this

stack

lauren keown cygan clichy

parlour cesc edu thomas/ bentley

kanu/bentley papadoulpus/awusie abeyie

i have a feeling he will play papadolapus because he said ages agao that he will be very important for us in the later stage of the season

jc8gooner

--------------Stack------------

Lauren-Keown-Simek-Clichy

Bentley-Parlour-Edu-Bentley

-----Kanu-Papadopulos-------

wiltord11

who would you play right midfield???
i think he will play cesc in midfeild for the home game but not the away game

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Its hard to predict who will play alongside Kanu. Bentley's not the answer imo. Papadopulous would be a huge risk but we don't exactly have many options. However, I don't think Wenger will play Henry under any circumstances.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom