• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our best midfielder in the past decade?

Who's our Best midfielder of the last decade?

• Arteta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coquelin

• Wilshere

• Xhaka

• Rosicky

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Quite certain Arteta should be ahead of Ramsey in the ranking, I would argue Arteta has easily given us more good games than Ramsey even though he has played less. Arteta during his first 2 seasons was one of the best midfielders in the league.
Ramsey ahead of Arteta.

Ramsey stayed longer.

He also played well in a lot of games but also stinked the place in a lot of games.

Let's not pretend that Arteta wasn't one of our problem in the midfield.

Positionally he was sound. But he was regularly overrun, especially when Ramsey bombed forward leaving our midfield exposed. That Arteta-Ramsey midfield was very good at controlling games with the ball. But was a disaster waiting to happen when without the ball

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ramsey ahead of Arteta.

Ramsey stayed longer.

He also played well in a lot of games but also stinked the place in a lot of games.

Let's not pretend that Arteta wasn't one of our problem in the midfield.

Positionally he was sound. But he was regularly overrun, especially when Ramsey bombed forward leaving our midfield exposed. That Arteta-Ramsey midfield was very good at controlling games with the ball. But was a disaster waiting to happen when without the ball

That was in 2013/14 onwards, where Arteta declined rapidly. Before that he was a very different player.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He’s considered the first name on the sheet for Emery and Arteta. Even after telling the fans to **** off.
Because he's the best of the bums.

Whether we like it or not, despite the fact that he's sh!t, he's still best CM we have. Even if Klopp comes here, he'll start him because he's better than the alternative

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Diaby could have stayed fit, I feel him and Arteta would have been a great midfield duo.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He still had a better impact than Xhaka, Wilshere’s one wonder year in 2010/2011 is better than anything Granit has produced for us.
I agree with you he's more talented than Xhaka. But he didn't stay fit enough to have the same impact as Xhaka.

Makes me angry that our bum players don't injured. Instead our best players always get injured except maybe Auba

GDeep™

League is very weak
Because he's the best of the bums.

Whether we like it or not, despite the fact that he's sh!t, he's still best CM we have. Even if Klopp comes here, he'll start him because he's better than the alternative
So why not sell him or replace him? Raul came in with a reputation of being a wheeler dealer, move Xhaka on.

For a decent fee Xhaka is a great signing for a club in Germany, Italy or Spain.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

So why not sell him or replace him? Raul came in with a reputation of being a wheeler dealer, move Xhaka on.

For a decent fee Xhaka is a great signing for a club in Germany, Italy or Spain.
He was already on his way to Hertha. The deal fell through because we didn't have enough quality to cope in his absence.

We had to keep him at least for the remainder of the season.

It will be interesting to see if Arteta bins him since he's become the first name on the teamsheet

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If Diaby could have stayed fit, I feel him and Arteta would have been a great midfield duo.
I think so too.

They complemented each other perfectly

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was already on his way to Hertha. The deal fell through because we didn't have enough quality to cope in his absence.

We had to keep him at least for the remainder of the season.

It will be interesting to see if Arteta bins him since he's become the first name on the teamsheet

Next season I don’t want to hear “he’s only starting because there is no one else”.

If he’s here next season, Arteta and the club will live and die by that decision.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Next season I don’t want to hear “he’s only starting because there is no one else”.

If he’s here next season, Arteta and the club will live and die by that decision.
I have a sneaking feeling he's still be starting for us next season.

I'd bite your hand off for any offer above 25m

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arteta's definitely in the conversation for me, but he ran out of steam too early. Think it's gotta be Cazorla, kept a relatively consistent run of form in midfield for us.

Also, Xhaka in the top 5? I don't think he makes it personally.

For me it's:
Cazorla
Ramsey
Arteta
Coquelin
Wilshere

Xhaka is too inconsistent to be considered IMO.

scytheavatar

Established Member

No he could not, no player has been misrepresented by Arsenal fan's memories as much as Diaby did. Most people seem to have forgotten that Diaby was such a **** low football IQ player that he made a poverty player like Denilson look good in comparison. People keep mentioning his game vs Liverpool but that was like one of the very few good game he had in his entire career with us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta's definitely in the conversation for me, but he ran out of steam too early. Think it's gotta be Cazorla, kept a relatively consistent run of form in midfield for us.

Also, Xhaka in the top 5? I don't think he makes it personally.

For me it's:
Cazorla
Ramsey
Arteta
Coquelin
Wilshere

Xhaka is too inconsistent to be considered IMO.

Being a wrestling fan and having good football opinions, go together beautifully ;)

Moah

Caz is number one and I'd put Arteta and Rosicky before Ramsey. Why is Özil not in the conversation? is he considered as a forward?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
1. Santi - the player with the best combined talent and consistency.

2. Arteta- A very consistent and intelligent player that captained us to stopping our trophy drought.

3. Özil was decent in his first season, ok second season, sublime in his third season, very good in his fourth season with us. However the lack of consistency from Özil from where we only see flashes of brilliance here and there makes him a underwhelming player for a guy with an abundance of talent.

4.Wilshere - PFA team of the year, PFA young player of the year and 2 x time goal of the season winner. So much talent and potential but unfortunately injuries ruined his careeer.

5. Torreira - I feel he is criminally undderated well rounded intelligent footballer.

6.Xhaka - Inconsistent player that goes from at times looking like a Swiss Pirlo to times were he looks a like a slow, clumsy, glogger that gives away too many fouls. Form and constitency has improved under Arteta So I have hope for him.

7.Coquelin- had a year where he formed very good partnership with Santi. However his lack of intelligence and technical ability began to show.

8. Ramsey - Was a decent player when he first joined and had 3 month purple patch period where he was unplayable. However since then he has had so many poor peformances it's hard to rate him higher (has had more poor performances in a Arsenal shirt than all the above players combined).

9. Song - had a great break out season as DCM partnering with Cesc. Then following season his standard dropped when became a box to box cm leaving Wilshere and then Arteta the folowing season with all the defensive work. Start just punting the ball upfield "have it" style hoping RVp would get to but most of the time it went to opposition or out.

I left out Rosicky, an amazing intelligent and consistent player but played mainly as a LW for us so I wont count as a cm.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom