• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Inject it in to my veins. I'd buy a Zaha shirt. Hell, I'd buy 3 shirts as well as a training kit.

We aren't signing him though. Silly rumour. I reckon 40m would do it. Sell Laca and Nelson. Zaha, Saka and Auba as a front 3 would wreak absolute havoc. Martinelli and Pepe in reserve.

Zaha will probably end up at Sp**s or Everton and will absolutely tear it up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saka out Zaha in, I am hearing

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So we went for Pepe in the first place because he was younger than Zaha but we'll decide to go back in for Zaha 2 years later? Zaha is a great player no doubt and I don't think there is any truth in this but it would be such a typical Arsenal move.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So we went for Pepe in the first place because he was younger than Zaha but we'll decide to go back in for Zaha 2 years later? Zaha is a great player no doubt and I don't think there is any truth in this but it would be such a typical Arsenal move.
We would finally sign him after signing the wrong guy then he would flop :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Agreed. I'm afraid the ship has sailed.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta knows next season is donor die for him and I really doubt he want to insist with pepe. The club will try to move him on imo and Incan see zaha coming

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta knows next season is donor die for him and I really doubt he want to insist with pepe. The club will try to move him on imo and Incan see zaha coming
I've no doubt he will try and move Pepe on. As good a player as Zaha is though, throwing £40m on a 29 year old is not the type of moves we should be even thinking of making.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've no doubt he will try and move Pepe on. As good a player as Zaha is though, throwing £40m on a 29 year old is not the type of moves we should be even thinking of making.
We tried the younger player hoping he develops and threw 72 million ion him. We are mid table team. We need proven pl players and not more outside England players who we will say we have to wait and let them get used to it. Zaha is in his prime proven PL player and London based. Knowing our fans they would be more excited about some 22 year old in french league. I think zaha would be brilliant for 2-3 years here

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We tried the younger player hoping he develops and threw 72 million ion him. We are mid table team. We need proven pl players and not more outside England players who we will say we have to wait and let them get used to it. Zaha is in his prime proven PL player and London based. Knowing our fans they would be more excited about some 22 year old in french league. I think zaha would be brilliant for 2-3 years here
Sounds like a great idea. How much do we plan to sell him for after that 2-3 years then?

If we start targeting PL proven players then it should be the likes of Neto who we can make a profit on down the line.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sounds like a great idea. How much do we plan to sell him for after that 2-3 years then?

If we start targeting PL proven players then it should be the likes of Neto who we can make a profit on down the line.
It’s funny you think of selling the player before we buy him. Smaller club operate this way. Or an Ajax and Dortmund. Are we now providers for the top team. I don’t care about 2-4 years. We finished 8 last season at best 9 this. We are on real slippery slope. If we can get Neto get him. I don’t think we can personally. But zaha is 28 in his prime. If we get 3 great years from him then great deal. De bruyne is 30 in June and he got 4 year deal from city. People have become to age obsessed

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s funny you think of selling the player before we buy him. Smaller club operate this way. Or an Ajax and Dortmund. Are we now providers for the top team. I don’t care about 2-4 years. We finished 8 last season at best 9 this. We are on real slippery slope. If we can get Neto get him. I don’t think we can personally. But zaha is 28 in his prime. If we get 3 great years from him then great deal. De bruyne is 30 in June and he got 4 year deal from city. People have become to age obsessed
We aren't a City or a United who can buy top players for every position so of course we're going to have to be sensible with the types and ages of players we're buying. City are in a win now mode so of course they're going to extend De Bruyne. Do you really think they'd give him a new deal if they'd be finishing mid table for the last couple of years?

Look at Liverpool with Coutinho, they got him cheaply and developed him into a brilliant player and built up his value. Was it an act of a small club when they sold him on a few years later for a fortune? They don't win the title without selling him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've got Saka, Martinelli and ESR. That's our attacking future sorted. A 29 year old Zaha would be a great signing. Forgot sell on fees, we need to stop wasting money. We spent 120m on Pepe, Torreria and Saliba and 2 of them are on loan with the other a squaddie. We would struggle to get half of what we paid for Pepe and Torreria.

The smart money says buy from within the league. Do you think Liverpool fans care that they will lose Miller and Gini on a free or that they will lose money when they sell VVD?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We've got Saka, Martinelli and ESR. That's our attacking future sorted. A 29 year old Zaha would be a great signing. Forgot sell on fees, we need to stop wasting money. We spent 120m on Pepe, Torreria and Saliba and 2 of them are on loan with the other a squaddie. We would struggle to get half of what we paid for Pepe and Torreria.

The smart money says buy from within the league. Do you think Liverpool fans care that they will lose Miller and Gini on a free or that they will lose money when they sell VVD?
Difference is Liverpool signed the likes of Van Dijk to complete their squad to get them over the line for winning a title or the CL. Signing someone like Zaha doesn't instantly get us into the top 4 never mind winning titles so in the end would probably be more money down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom