• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Difference is Liverpool signed the likes of Van Dijk to complete their squad to get them over the line for winning a title or the CL. Signing someone like Zaha doesn't instantly get us into the top 4 never mind winning titles so in the end would probably be more money down the drain.
You're right it doesn't guarantee us top 4, but neither did Partey and we can't see he was a waste of money or that his value will not decrease.

I think we just need to be looking at improving our team/balance at the moment and Zaha does that instantly.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You're right it doesn't guarantee us top 4, but neither did Partey and we can't see he was a waste of money or that his value will not decrease.

I think we just need to be looking at improving our team/balance at the moment and Zaha does that instantly.
Fair enough, I don't think we sign him either but with our board you never know. For me not the type of signing we should be making at this time. We're mid table, huge possibility of missing out on Europe and a sky high wage bill. Spending £40m and adding another £150-200k a week onto that is not a smart move for the position we are in.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Difference is Liverpool signed the likes of Van Dijk to complete their squad to get them over the line for winning a title or the CL. Signing someone like Zaha doesn't instantly get us into the top 4 never mind winning titles so in the end would probably be more money down the drain.
No player instantly get us to top 4. He is the best wife attacker we can get. If you can think of a better player we can buy in his position who can straight away contribute to our attack tell us who? As truth_hurst said we bought bunch of players because of their age with sell on fee in mind and not one of them is worth close to what we bought them for. We need simple obvious signings. Liverpool spent 24 million on gini wijnaldum after 1 season in the pl which he got relegated. Same with Robertson who got relegated. Knowing Arsenal fans they would moan about these type of signings

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
No player instantly get us to top 4. He is the best wife attacker we can get. If you can think of a better player we can buy in his position who can straight away contribute to our attack tell us who? As truth_hurst said we bought bunch of players because of their age with sell on fee in mind and not one of them is worth close to what we bought them for. We need simple obvious signings. Liverpool spent 24 million on gini wijnaldum after 1 season in the pl which he got relegated. Same with Robertson who got relegated. Knowing Arsenal fans they would moan about these type of signings
Wijnaldum was 25 when they signed him, Robertson 23. They've had 5 quality years so far out of each of them. They've just spent £40m on a 23 year old Jota. Mane was 23, Salah was 24.... See where I'm going here? They completely blow us out the water when it comes to recruitment.

If we're talking PL proven players you start looking at players like Neto or Raphinha who you know your going to get many years out of before the likes of Liverpool or Leicester beat us to them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wijnaldum was 25 when they signed him, Robertson 23. They've had 5 quality years so far out of each of them. They've just spent £40m on a 23 year old Jota. Mane was 23, Salah was 24.... See where I'm going here? They completely blow us out the water when it comes to recruitment.

If we're talking PL proven players you start looking at players like Neto or Raphinha who you know your going to get many years out of before the likes of Liverpool or Leicester beat us to them.
You start looking for what can improve you and you can afford. I would take Neto or raphinha easily. Can we afford them? All 3 would improve us. We are rapidly falling as a club and are seen as a joke nowadays. Get the best players you can get who you can afford. Zaha is much more attainable

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People talking about our transfer strategy, come on lads this is Arsenal, we're a mess and we have accept it, enjoy our 2 good years of Wilf and then the 2 where he ends up in an Özil type situation. This is how Arsenal is always gonna be run as the current franchise. Forget about smart signings.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People talking about our transfer strategy, come on lads this is Arsenal, we're a mess and we have accept it, enjoy our 2 good years of Wilf and then the 2 where he ends up in an Özil type situation. This is how Arsenal is always gonna be run as the current franchise. Forget about smart signings.
But that beats 0 good years of 72 million player. We tried to be too smart and paid a heavy price with pepe when we ignored the managers wish of zaha. The deal was so bad the man behind it was investigated by the club and sacked

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We have young wingers though, why would adding a 29 year old be terrible?

Get Aubameyang off the wing and where he is world class and have a set of wingers including Zaha, Saka, Pepe and Martinelli. On paper that's probably the best we've been since the invincibles in terms of wide options to strike fear into full backs.

On paper Gervinho and Walcott would have been scary but failed.

This is pointless though as we aren't signing Zaha. Everton, Sp**s or even Leicester will.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lol two years is generous. He’ll come over and ball out for two games and everyone will be hype as f*ck.

Then he gets Arsenalified and turn to sh*t and everyone will spend the next four years blaming him, the manager and the transfer team.

We could sign Haaland and MBappe and they’d turn into Chamakh and Gervinho with us. I’m convinced things just don’t turn out right for us.

Malky

Established Member
Nah, ships sailed. 2 years ago, when Emery wanted him - yeah, but not now.
Front 3 next season - Zaha, Auba, Willian - average age of 31. :lol:
Imagine the ****ing chaos on here when we sell Saka and waste the money on Zaha.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How much we thinking Palace would ask for?
Around 40m he been worse than Pape last 2 years i doubt buying him would make us better also he close to 30's. We need to start go young with attack Willian 32 Auba 31 laca 30 can't add a guy who will be 29 years this year and his numbers are average.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Around 40m he been worse than Pape last 2 years i doubt buying him would make us better also he close to 30's. We need to start go young with attack Willian 32 Auba 31 laca 30 can't add a guy who will be 29 years this year and his numbers are average.
Both him and pepe has 22 league games. Zaha has 9 goals and 2 assists and pepe 5 goals one assist. Maybe you are talking about pepes great general play that the stats don’t show. Oh wait he rarely beats anyone and pass to the fullback lol. Come on pepe is not close to zaha level

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You guys know if we sign Zaha, both him and Pepe will be off to the Nations Cup in January?

It’s not that deep about the AFCON though. The tournament lasts exactly a month and it matches up with the PL winter break.

Also in that time there’s usually an FA Cup weekend so you’re looking at players probably missing two PL games and that’s if their team goes all the way to the final.

Côte d'Ivoire are definitely one of the favourites on paper but the Egypt, Gabon and Ghana squads as a whole are pretty trash so I’d be shocked if they make it very far.

Goonger

It’s not that deep about the AFCON though. The tournament lasts exactly a month and it matches up with the PL winter break.

Also in that time there’s usually an FA Cup weekend so you’re looking at players probably missing two PL games and that’s if their team goes all the way to the final.

Côte d'Ivoire are definitely one of the favourites on paper but the Egypt, Gabon and Ghana squads as a whole are pretty trash so I’d be shocked if they make it very far.

Would likely be around 5 or 6 league games & an FA Cup game missed judging by the 2019 fixture list that had a winter break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom