• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Could damage him irreparably - see Senderos 15 years ago.

This is a very good point actually, in ideal circumstance he'd be coming into a side that has at least two top quality CB's he could learn from and we could ease him in. What's he gonna learn from David Luiz who in his 30's still makes the amateur mistakes of an 19 year old making his debut? These aren't ideal circumstances at all. But there seems to be people suggesting that Saliba will 1.) be a starter and 2.) be a revelation for our defence. I think the first will be true but simply because we've got no better option, the latter will absolutely not be true at all.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This is a very good point actually, in ideal circumstance he'd be coming into a side that has at least two top quality CB's he could learn from and we could ease him in. What's he gonna learn from David Luiz who in his 30's still makes the amateur mistakes of an 19 year old making his debut? These aren't ideal circumstances at all. But there seems to be people suggesting that Saliba will 1.) be a starter and 2.) be a revelation for our defence. I think the first will be true but simply because we've got no better option, the latter will absolutely not be true at all.
He's probably made of sterner stuff than ol' Philippe to be fair. But it's still a huge ask of a 19 year old.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will just be glad to have a defender of his profile again, our backline has lacked physical elements for a while now.

Haven't had a reliable fast defender since Kos.

Haven't had a reliable fast and powerful defender since Kolo.

Haven't had a reliable fast, powerful and tall defender since Sol.

Obviously I don't expect him near the levels of the three I mentioned, but I think people are just excited to see us getting someone with potential.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Young defenders having one off impressive seasons then failing to replicate anywhere near that form again isn't uncommon.

Ben Gibson - got Boro's player of the season and their was a lot of interest in him but Boro refused to let him go for anything less than £25m at the time. Realising their mistake they sold Gibson the following season for £15m but he couldnt repilcate the form he showed with Boro.

Michael Keane - had a great season with Burnley and got shortlisted for PFA young player of the year. Following that season he got a 30m move to Everton and has been poor for them since and the player stated injuries and mental health issues are the cause of this.

Senderos - people were comparing him to Adams during that CL campaign lol.

Bramble - Considered a comical defender now but at one time people considered him to be the next potential England star CB after a successful season which saw Ipswich finish 5th. The following season Bramble fell apart and Ispwich got relegated. Bramble was very poor for numwrous seasons at Newcastle. To be fair Bramble did get player of the season for Wigan whilst playing for them.

Michael Turner - who had a good season with Hull and earned himself player of the year and was being linked to City and Pool. Turner eventually signed for Sunderland and flopped.

Bellerin - enough said

Last edited:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Fans don’t really understand development. Think this lad is in for a tough time in a England myself.

I can already see Arsenal fans using their fingers and toes to calculate the transfer fee and compare him to Koscielny after he inevitably costs points due to inexperience/adjustment.

Arsenal fans are a special kinda sh*t to be honest, with any luck the boy continues to get injured and we forget he’s here so this board can spare me the tears and whinging whilst he tries to find his feet.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Fans don’t really understand development. Think this lad is in for a tough time in a England myself.

I can already see Arsenal fans using their fingers and toes to calculate the transfer fee and compare him to Koscielny after he inevitably costs points due to inexperience/adjustment.

Arsenal fans are a special kinda sh*t to be honest, with any luck the boy continues to get injured and we forget he’s here so this board can spare me the tears and whinging whilst he tries to find his feet.

All you ever do is b*tch about other fans, stop being such a baby you wet guy.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I believe so. I read somewhere he’s registered as part of our squad but I wouldn’t say it was a reliable source.

BigPoppaPump

I think the opposite. I think the fans are wet all they do is moan and pocket watch.

You're already moaning about something that hasn't even happened, no ones said anything bad about Saliba and you're already in here crying.

Of course the fans are gonna moan we're 10th ffs and getting worse every season, what do you expect rainbows and butterflies? Don't be naive.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don’t get it, why moan about me moaning then? :lol:

There’s nothing to cry about all I said was Arsenal fans have low IQ.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You're already moaning about something that hasn't even happened, no ones said anything bad about Saliba and you're already in here crying.

Of course the fans are gonna moan we're 10th ffs and getting worse every season, what do you expect rainbows and butterflies? Don't be naive.

Well ****ing said, if you don't pretend things are absolutely wonderful and we're on the cusp of something great this forum will jump on you quicker than Lacazette twerking on a defender when he a chance to get into the box and score a goal.

BigPoppaPump

I don’t get it, why moan about me moaning then? :lol:

There’s nothing to cry about all I said was Arsenal fans have low IQ.

You're just waffling now, you're bringing your emotions from the Lacazette thread into here. Pull your skirt down man, you're not smarter than anyone here just more emotional.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Doubt hell's be part of the squad. He's not been registered
Actually, he is registered and probably could play this season but I heavily doubt they would do that.

I read that he's unfortunately dealing with a family bereavement anyway,

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Actually, he is registered and probably could play this season but I heavily doubt they would do that.

I read that he's unfortunately dealing with a family bereavement anyway,
I thought players can only be registered during the transfer window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom