• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Mo, he was free. He does get paid wages though. Not sure we'd manage to attract anyone at all without the promise of a salary ...
It's the wages. He's one of our three highest paid players. His "free" transfer will cost around £40 million. Far too expensive for what he is contributing and I fully epect him to be shot (physicalli, not executed) by the time his third season comes up.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If he can help us get in to the champions League then his wages pay for themselves. I know we've probably over paid for him (wages and contract wise) but he's proven in the league and reliable.

Against United, he was their to do the job which he did.

I probably wouldn't start him against lower level teams though but for the big games his discipline, able to follow the managers tactics will be invaluable.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Can we get a legitimate answer on why Ornstein and other reliable journalists said that Willian is on 100kpw but people on AM say he's on 250kpw?
lol Daily Fail broke it.

To be fair, every rag and Ornstein and etc are consistent about one thing, his base salary is rumoured to be close to around 100k.

However, "When bonuses, a signing-on fee and loyalty payments over the three years are included, it will amount to potentially £220,000 per week, or around £35m over the course of his contract". I personally believe it tbh.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

lol Daily Fail broke it.

To be fair, every rag and Ornstein and etc are consistent about one thing, his base salary is rumoured to be close to around 100k.

However, "When bonuses, a signing-on fee and loyalty payments over the three years are included, it will amount to potentially £220,000 per week, or around £35m over the course of his contract". I personally believe it tbh.
Annoying but makes sense. Free transfers are never quite free in that the wages are always ridiculous like Kola on 140kpw.

11M a season for a player of his quality could still turn out to be a great deal, we'll have to wait and see

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Exactly. Considering Chelsea offered him 2 years and Barca plus someone else being interested as well, I have no reason to doubt that it might be true.

Who knows really. As long as a lot of it is performance/appearance related and stuff, I don't mind myself.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I enjoyed his performance against Yanited. Played like a guy who’s been there and done that. I love that he still has pace and he’s excellent in tight areas.

Made a telling contribution for our winner as well. I’d just like him to grab some goals for us. That’s been one main criticism of him throughout his entire career though, for as good as he is he should score more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’m not bothered what he’s on. You can bet it’s less than the silly sums being ‘reported’ though. As long as he’s contributing adequately, then I consider that the going rate. If the midfield continues looking solid, he can spend more time where he can be dangerous.

blrgooner

Established Member
lol Daily Fail broke it.

Isn`t this something we should consider for every player though?I mean as per this logic, Partey cost us some 120m according to some article I read.
Of course Willian is not playing for us for free and neither are others. We didn`t pay any money to other clubs for his services and that makes a big difference IMO. I think Willian was a shrewd signing and has done pretty well for us so far.

MATHEO

Let me say this, Özil never had a consistent run of bad games as long as this guy had this season already

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's looked quality. Building off the Man Utd game. Promising stuff for the long season ahead.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aren't those ladies Indian? Is this Big Brother or Big Boss?

God, just break that broomstick on her back, and get evicted. Why the eff can't you kick your house mates?!?
Yeah I think it’s from big brother India. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom