• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 233,420

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

willian-of-chelsea-talks-to-gabriel-martinelli-and-cedric-of-arsenal-picture-id1263251685

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Souness called Modric a 5 side player and has a weird agenda against Paul Pogba and Grealish. Souness doesn’t know ball.

He crticised Pogba when he was playing poorly and called the "media darling" on his poor performances. Good for Graham, more pundits shouldn't be afraid to criticise the likes of Pogba, Kane, Bale, Ramsey, Henderson, Zaha, Alli, Maguire, Bellerin etc when they play poorly going against the media agenda.

Debatable if Willian is chelsea's best player this season but its certainly between him, Pulisic and Kovacic. You can make a good case for any of these 3 players.

Also it's non debatable that Willian has been far superior this season to another media darlin in Zaha.

I am seeing a lot of people say a 3 year deal at 120k per week is too much

It’s about an 18 million total layout, if we bought him would cost us at least 12-15m and no one would complain

A 20 goal and assist winger last season that would bring us some good play for at least 2 years at a low total outlay

GDeep™

League is very weak
I am seeing a lot of people say a 3 year deal at 120k per week is too much

It’s about an 18 million total layout, if we bought him would cost us at least 12-15m and no one would complain

A 20 goal and assist winger last season that would bring us some good play for at least 2 years at a low total outlay
You forgot to mention his age, he’s 32 soon. That’s massive outlay for someone his age.

Which top pl club pays that much for an old winger? He’s coming here to retire.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Naaaah **** this. We just beat Chelsea in the cup and our plan to over take them in the league is to dig their rejects out the bin? We should be going for the players they are getting to upgrade not the discarded one. Not my club. **** off Kia you *****.

Edit: I like how a word that kids use to call each other an idiot in playgrounds is starred out, who is that protecting :lol:

Last edited:

Tom349

Naaaah **** this. We just beat Chelsea in the cup and our plan to over take them in the league is to dig their rejects out the bin? We should be going for the players they are getting to upgrade not the discarded one. Not my club. **** off Kia you *****.

Edit: I like how a word that kids use to call each other an idiot in playgrounds is starred out, who is that protecting :lol:

Im not sure how you watch yesterdays game and come to this conclusion. Chelsea were absolutely toothless in attack without Willian yesterday. He is by far their best creator and was fourth in the league this season for scoring chances created, 10th in the top 5 leagues.

I can handle people having reservations about offering Willian a three year but to question whether he is good enough is just ridiculous. Similarly with Coutinho I can handle people questioning whether its the best use of assets to sign him permanently but on loan he would literally be our most creative player and an enormous upgrade on our current options given the situation with Özil and the kids who play in his place.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Still maintain that he would be a good signing. He wouldn't stay for 3 years anyway. 2 maximum before he Mkhitaryaned himself out.

Only happy to get this done if we spend big elsewhere though.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Still maintain that he would be a good signing. He wouldn't stay for 3 years anyway. 2 maximum before he Mkhitaryaned himself out.

Only happy to get this done if we spend big elsewhere though.
He isn't signing a contract with Chelsea because he wants a three year deal. What makes you think he is going to Mkhitaryan himself out? He is planning for his retirement and Arsenal shouldn't be his retirement home.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He isn't signing a contract with Chelsea because he wants a three year deal. What makes you think he is going to Mkhitaryan himself out? He is planning for his retirement and Arsenal shouldn't be his retirement home.

Meaning not every player is prepared to do an Özil. There is a World Cup and a Copa America in the next 3 years, I would imagine that he'd be driven to achieve.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We just beat Chelsea in the cup and our plan to over take them in the league is to dig their rejects out the bin?
Clown post. He's one of their top players that happens to have a tricky contract situation. They want to keep him, but he's holding out for a little extra.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Meaning not every player is prepared to do an Özil. There is a World Cup and a Copa America in the next 3 years, I would imagine that he'd be driven to achieve.
If that's the case, why not accept the 2 years contract at Chelsea, so that he still has the hunger and extend it later?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Clown post. He's one of their top players that happens to have a tricky contract situation. They want to keep him, but he's holding out for a little extra.
There is nothing tricky about the contract situation. He is holding out for a little extra 'year'. Primarily his retirement. If Chelsea believe that he is going to be so good for 3 years, there is nothing stopping them from signing him. They don't believe it and we shouldn't too.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He is holding out for a little extra 'year'. Primarily his retirement.
How do you know he's going to retire after that? Maybe he'll go to China or Arabia.
Chelski already spent money on Ziyech, who may or may not hit the ground running come September, and they also have Pulisic and Mount.

He's been a consistent player for them throughout the years, but they're thinking if it's worth spending the money on him for the next 3 years.
They can afford to lose him because they already have replacements.

Then there's the point @Stephen Wright made. Willian at 32 is still pretty quick and he won't decline too much in the next 2 seasons.
Paying for his wages throughout that period and selling him after that is good business, especially when compared to the possibility of bringing in Coutinho for almost 17 mil, 10 of which would be up front and that's just for a season loan!

I mean, we're trying to get Auba to sign an extension and he's 31, yet I see no one complaining about offering him huge wages at that age, when he's, at least theoretically, on the decline.

Getting Willian would boost our creativity and remember that we won a trophy with David Luiz before you question this transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom