• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wiltord as good as Defoe

wiltord11

ruud said:
I don't have any proof cause it isn't a statistic or a certain fact..It's just my OPINION.and he is in division 1 doesn't mean he is a poor player now does it?he went down cause of the WHOLE TEAM.
but if you ask WHY i think Defoe is better thhen Wiltord..

Wiltord does not have as much pace.
Wiltord is not as young ofcourse.
Defoe is a much better finisher then Wiltord
Defoe's long range efforts are way way way better then Wiltrod
Defoe has a lot of flair(surely Wiltord may have some but NOT as much)
Defoe is much much much more of a hard worker then Wiltord

i disagree with the bit where you said defoe works more than wiltord , wiltord works hard all the time he inst the best tackler but everytime i see him he allways gets back and defends.

And i think wiltord is a much better finnisher aswell i was watching the 2002 season on dvd and alot of his goals were finnished very cooling alot of them are nutmegging the goal keeper . And he also has a better left foot than defoe in my opinion

overall i would rather let wiltord sign a contract than sign defoe for 5 million +

GoonerLuke

Right now Wiltord is better than Defoe, but in buying Defoe you are buying potential. Wiltord is already an established commodity. We have already seen what a mature Wiltord is capable of in the present side. Defoe could slot in perfectly or be another Franny, but comparing him and Wiltord is very hard.

A

Anonymous

remember something.When you are signing Defoe you are signing a player who has a lot of time ahead of him with lot of time to improve on his current ability and skill which already is quite good in my opinion.

ruud said:
serbiangunner said:
He isn't even playing for england.

As someone has already said,Wiltord maybe isn't a world class player but he has scored so many important goals that Defoe can only dream of.

but then again there are soo many good players who can't get into the England side.

Wiltord scores goals and important ones.Why, cause he plays for a big team like Arsenal?so he gets chances to perform in big games and gets much better supply then Defoe will ever get at West Ham.

there were numerous big games for west ham last season and defoe didn't show up...i am saying that he was supplied,had many one on ones and missed them all.

pamilih

ruud said:
remember something.When you are signing Defoe you are signing a player who has a lot of time ahead of him with lot of time to improve on his current ability and skill which already is quite good in my opinion.

Yes, but there are many other young players with bigger potential than he has. Even in our team we already have Bentley, Ryan Smith, & Papa.

I agree with AW, since we have Aliadiere already and there is nobody else in the market that is available at the right price which fits the gap in terms of experience and age between Henry and David Bentley, why bother? Eto'o and Reyes perhaps are a possibilty but their availability and their prices might not be suitable.

DB, Wiltord, Kanu can supply support until our youngsters are ready.

A

Anonymous

is wiltord better then defoe

let me see:-

wiltord plays for France , scored in the european championship final. Scored at old Trafford

what has defoe done?

i rest my case

Andrew

I agree with Ruud partly about Wiltord's shooting... His long shots seem to always balloon into the stands. But close range shots where he more needs to place the ball (ie. just inside the penalty area) Wiltord's finishing IMO is far better than Defoe's. When Wiltord has the ball in the penalty area you can count on a good goalscoring chance... but the dissapointing thing is that puting two and two together (Wiltord being in the penalty area with the ball) and that is a rareity.

A

Anonymous

therock said:

wiltord plays for France , scored in the european championship final. Scored at old Trafford

what has defoe done?

i rest my case

yet again I say.have a look at the team Defoe plays for.

pamilih

ruud said:
therock said:

what has defoe done?

i rest my case

Precisely. If he's that good then we must have heard of him when he was 14 ... :shock:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

That's like saying George Graham should have gone down the building site & plucked up in Wright from his plastering duties when he was a nipper.

A

Anonymous

pamilih said:
ruud said:
therock said:

what has defoe done?

i rest my case

Precisely. If he's that good then we must have heard of him when he was 14 ... :shock:

not saying he's THAT GOOD or world class or something

just saying he's BETTER comparitvely to Wiltord.well,in my opinion atleast

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom