• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wolves v Arsenal - EPL - Wed 10th Nov 19:45

outlaw_member

Established Member
Bossa said:
Song was good but his new playing style is leaving the midfield exposed and Wilshere the poor boy cant close down all the gaps.

Against Everton I would play Denilson instead of Wilshere because he's disciplined enough to play the holding role the entire. It would also give Fabregas more license to create.

Haven't been too impressed with Jacky boy in the last two games. Not progressive enough in his passing, and quite laboured defensively. It's expected, but he's been guilty of things that Denilson would usually get lambasted for. He's undoubtedly going to be inconsistent at his age, so I'd be looking at Denilson as an alternative on occasions.

As for Song, now that we're passed the bedding in period, he's now performing his role without any teething problems. All things considered, I fail to see what he offers us in the role. He's been decent recently, but he's excelling in no one area of the pitch. I think we can upgrade the position in the transfer window.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Im pleased we won, pleased its a clean sheet. Pleased Fabianski came through after Sundays howler. Pleased Chamakh got a nice brace. Pleased Karl Henry didnt break any legs (Shava you lucky little...)

So, im happy. Performance could have been a lot better 'on the whole' but 3 points is nice, and being 2nd against is nicer still.

banduan

Established Member
Anzac said:
* not only do we look for the ball to be played to feet we wait for it to arrive;
this has been true for too long now, and is one of the main things I notice when we play against Chelsky.

Eirico

Happy with the win, but not a convincing performance. Lucky not to concede, and it seemed like we tried to play on the counter for large parts of the game. The problem is that we aren't good enough defensivly to try to sit back and attack on the counter. Wolves got a lot of crosses and set pieces which gave us trouble.

Having said that, I though the victory was deserved. We got bigger chances than Wolves and probably should have scored 3 goals in this game. Credit to Wolves though, I can see how they managed to beat Man City a couple of weeks ago.

Thought Squillaci and Fabinaksi had good games.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Too bad he's never had a great striker to play with. We only briefly got to see what he could do with someone like Titi.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
lol cesc was going to the ball not to the player leg and they dont see how this serbian player with his dirty play vs song

outlaw_member

Established Member
It was reckless from Cesc. It was far from being a dangerous moment, and something he ought to have avoided. Plus, the Wolves players was going nowhere. It was one of them mindless, determined challenges.

mo50

Established Member
That was a very bad tackle from Cesc, and I wouldn't have been surprised if he saw red, because quite frankly the ref was a pushover and I thought he'd buckle.

Karl Henry. What the **** is the point of this guy. Besides miss kicking a sitter and passing the ball out to play, he offers nothing to Wolves, and that tackle on Arshavin could've turned out nasty. Luckily Shava had the presence of mind to pull out.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Gooner_Stu said:
Im pleased we won, pleased its a clean sheet. Pleased Fabianski came through after Sundays howler. Pleased Chamakh got a nice brace. Pleased Karl Henry didnt break any legs (Shava you lucky little...)

So, im happy. Performance could have been a lot better 'on the whole' but 3 points is nice, and being 2nd against is nicer still.

Shame we are 3rd then...;)

-vapour-

Have Match Of The Day completely ignored the Henry tackle but made a point of showing the Fabregas one?

GaelForce22

Established Member
Was Cesc better today? And does the fact that Fabianski was the clear MOTM mean we defended badly (or any worse than usual)?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
outlaw_member said:
Too bad he's never had a great striker to play with. We only briefly got to see what he could do with someone like Titi.

Admitedly RVP hasn't been on his feet too often in recent seasons but he and Cesc have a good understanding and Cesc worked well with Adebayor in Ade's bust out season. But in comparison to Titi, we haven't had anyone of that class fill the strikers role in recent seasons.

Hopefully this game will show the lads that we have to go 150% in all games and hopefully our fluid play and goal scoring touch will return soon!

This is going to be one hard slog of a season and the West Brom & Newcastle results still have me knees knocking!

Good and necessary 3pts today. The reaction by the lads after the game showed how much they were happy for the win, the clean sheet and no broken bits & pieces.

Onto a tough assignment at Goodison Park on Sunday where another gritty and determined performance will be required.

CandysRoom

Established Member
redanddread said:
outlaw_member said:

Admitedly RVP hasn't been on his feet too often in recent seasons but he and Cesc have a good understanding and Cesc worked well with Adebayor in Ade's bust out season. But in comparison to Titi, we haven't had anyone of that class fill the strikers role in recent seasons. Hopefully this game will show the lads that we have to go 150% in all games and hopefully our fluid play and goal scoring touch will return soon!

This is going to be one hard slog of a season and the West Brom & Newcastle results still have me knees knocking!

Good and necessary 3pts today. The reaction by the lads after the game showed how much they were happy for the win, the clean sheet and no broken bits & pieces.

Onto a tough assignment at Goodison Park on Sunday where another gritty and determined performance will be required.
That's ok, because not many other other teams have either :wink:

fabo

6.51 / 10
GaelForce22 said:
Was Cesc better today? And does the fact that Fabianski was the clear MOTM mean we defended badly (or any worse than usual)?

Cesc was better but still way below his best. Got an assist and should have scored too.

Thought our midfield was the main reason for our defence being put under so much pressure.

sagreig

Is anyone a AVTO subscriber? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/35485/tv-online-see-wenger-s-press-conference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... conference</a>

Can you please let us know what he says about Cesc's fitness? Will he be fit for Sunday?

Great win today! Arshavin was very threatening and unlucky not to score!

GaelForce22

Established Member
Cheers fabo. Looking forward to seeing this magic save and the goals but it doesn't sound like I missed much else.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
That's the Chamakh I want! Good boy, hopefully he won't be a shy in front of the goal anymore.

Fabianski is really turning a corner this season instead of turning the ball into his own net.

Our midfield was too porous, but otherwise it was a good result from a good performance.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom