• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Premier League Transfers 20/21

Who has been the worst Premier League Signing of 20/21

• Kai Havertz

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Willian

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Van de Beek

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Rhian Brewster

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Timo Werner

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Thiago

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nathan Aké

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Fabio Silva

• Rodrigo

• Total voters

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Havertz will turn out fine imo. Werner has been good just not scoring so much, but I expect him to turn that around. Van de Beek was just a stupid signing considering United's squad. Brewster as mentioned is still young. All these players will either come good or can be sold in the summer for a good fee.

Willian blows everyone else out of the water, he looks like an old man who got lost and worst of all we're stuck with him for 3 years. No one will buy him. The only positive is that there was no transfer fee.

novar

It's clearly Brewster, hopefully it stops the tradition of Pool getting free money rinsing lower clubs.

:lol::lol: At least put Runarsson instead of Willian ffs

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I cant really tell. Im still suffering from the Pepe transfer.
More 'fun' question – where does Pepe (assuming he doesn't improve much) rank on worst PL transfers of the last ~5 years? For Chelsea, I've got Morata, Kepa, and Drinkwater above him. City you could argue Mangala and Mendy, probably forgetting a few (Stones?) given the amount of cash they splash. Liverpool has Benteke and that's about it. United I associate more with a large volume of subpar moves rather than individual howlers, though you'd definitely have to mention Di Maria (and Alexis if you count swaps), probably Fred and Maguire too.

SkyArsenal

That and he's been played all over the park so far. Which he did at his old club mind, but I'm sure it doesn't help.
He did that at Leverkusen, yes, but they also had an actual tactical plan and profiles/tasks set for any positions and a good press...

That said, even there he was best as a very offensive 8 or in the whole of a 4231!

Whenever I saw him play 10 for Chelsea, I felt he looked much better; that needs a good double pivot though, which currently Chelsea’s doesn’t have.

All in all and with Lampard simply not being a (tactically) good coach, I feel he will surprise or come good eventually.

i can definitely see why people would vote for him, though....

FanaticH

So I was looking in to some of the worst transfers this season and thought I'd make a short video of my top 10:

Who would be in your top 10 worst transfers? Who would you replace from my list?

Let me know your thoughts!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Chilwell for that fee has been poor. Alonso has often featured ahead of him and looked better since Tuchel took over.

Semedo for £28m has been terrible. Shocking defensively and offers very little going forward.

Doherty at Sp**s was such bad scouting considering he's never shown anything to suggest that he can play in a back 4. Not the biggest fee but a waste nevertheless.

Of those in the list I'd go for Werner purely because I thought he'd be a threat to be top scorer but he's still got time to turn it around next season. He did flop as well for Germany at the 2018 World Cup though.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Where is the poll option of Saliba at £28M and zero minutes played 😖

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom