• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBump

You just see it with Jack, it's all there.
If he can stay fit, the sharpness will arrive and we'll all see the player we've been missing for a couple of years.

Jack is ours, Jack is Arsenal !

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There was a part where he received the ball and without even really looking just casually played a one touch pass.

I know it's not much but it's something we've been missing all season.

LordBendtner

The Euro should be good for him to get some matches under his belt. Guy really dont need a break. One positive thing about his injury is that he doesnt seem to get hamstring and ****. Its more impact injuries, like dat ****ing Mcnair headless tacke last season.

Godwin1

Very well-known
The Euro should be good for him to get some matches under his belt. Guy really dont need a break. One positive thing about his injury is that he doesnt seem to get hamstring and ****. Its more impact injuries, like dat ****ing Mcnair headless tacke last season.
Does he need competitive games in the summer before going into pre-season though? I think I'd take him myself if I was the manager though, definitely not up to starting every game though.

Toast

Established Member
“I was obviously watching as a fan for most of the year so it was tough to watch,” he told Arsenal Player. “I think of the games that didn’t go our way like Swansea at home.

“We used to struggle against the big teams, but this year we were alright. In games [like the Swansea one] we start quickly in the first 20 minutes and have chances but we need to make them count. There are a lot of chances we create with the likes of Özil, Alexis and Welbeck, we just have to be a bit more clinical.

“I think [we are moving in the right direction]. We put up a big challenge this year, and OK it didn’t work out, but after we beat Leicester at home we thought this was our year and we have to push on. Unfortunately we didn’t, but we put up more of a fight than previous years.

“A big thing we worked on this season was when we lose the ball, we straight away have to defend and win the ball higher up. I think we have done that well and we improved a lot on that.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embarrassing stuff. We beat Leicester, tought 'this is our year!' and immediately collapsed. What a fight we put up to go from two points behind Leicester to trailing by twelve.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Jack and Santi our only top level players in midfield, everything thing else runs from average to ****. Shame Jacks so injury prone and Santi is getting on.

Santi? Stop with this.

Santi was getting exposed all over the shop before his injury.

Wenger had to excuse him at half time against Sp**s.

nmn

“I was obviously watching as a fan for most of the year so it was tough to watch,” he told Arsenal Player. “I think of the games that didn’t go our way like Swansea at home.

“We used to struggle against the big teams, but this year we were alright. In games [like the Swansea one] we start quickly in the first 20 minutes and have chances but we need to make them count. There are a lot of chances we create with the likes of Özil, Alexis and Welbeck, we just have to be a bit more clinical.

“I think [we are moving in the right direction]. We put up a big challenge this year, and OK it didn’t work out, but after we beat Leicester at home we thought this was our year and we have to push on. Unfortunately we didn’t, but we put up more of a fight than previous years.

“A big thing we worked on this season was when we lose the ball, we straight away have to defend and win the ball higher up. I think we have done that well and we improved a lot on that.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embarrassing stuff. We beat Leicester, tought 'this is our year!' and immediately collapsed. What a fight we put up to go from two points behind Leicester to trailing by twelve.
What do you expect him to say? "We're ****?"

Toast

Established Member
What do you expect him to say? "We're ****?"

No, but maybe don't say things that are obviously not true. Things like "we're moving in the right direction" and "we put up a big challenge this year". "We put up more than a fight than previous years." Some more realistic stuff would be nice.

But anyway. My post was more to point out that as soon as the team thought 'this is our year', 'the fight' was gone and we collapsed quicker than a house of cards in a hurricane.

nmn

No, but maybe don't say things that are obviously not true. Things like "we're moving in the right direction" and "we put up a big challenge this year". "We put up more than a fight than previous years." Some more realistic stuff would be nice.

But anyway. My post was more to point out that as soon as the team thought 'this is our year', 'the fight' was gone and we collapsed quicker than a house of cards in a hurricane.
Agreed. That's Wenger's job. I'm sure the top players in the squad have the individual mentality to win, but it's the manager's job to bring that belief into the whole squad.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Santi? Stop with this.

Yeah, Santi had a couple bad games this season, and even in his good games... I think he almost had a moment every game that he could not turn himself out of trouble, or even turned himself into trouble. I was actually quite happy with Ramsey taking over, sadly mistaken.

With his age, recent injury and his positive character, I think it would be great if we could hang on to him for two more seasons. Don't expect Özil to stay fit for another whole season, and we always have injuries, so Cazorla will be very usefull.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Santi? Stop with this.

Wenger doesn't make subs a half time, never mind tactical subs! :lol: He was ill. What's more, he was our best midfielder and, as it transpires, possibly the biggest reason why we were favs for the league.

nmn

Great to see the title changed. He's finally back fit!

AAAND-HES-GONE.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
:lol:

Jack says some strange things tbf, his comments about the club suits were a particular highlight.

Toast

Established Member
Had to look those up.

Wilshere said: "It's important that a club like Arsenal looks smart when we get off the bus.

"It's a great brand and I think other teams when they see us get off the bus and we look like we're all together and in the same suit, you know, we get a little bit more respect.

"If you look at all the big clubs throughout the league, Manchester United have got a suit, Liverpool, and we've only just got one in the last few years but it really shows the direction the club is going and the way we want to be thought about in this league.

"The brand's great. It's a french brand and the French always have great style. It's fitted, it looks good and the players love it."

Godwin1

Very well-known
Santi? Stop with this.

Nope he was the guy who was actually good enough to control the game from deep against decent opposition. See our first game against Bayern rather than the game where he was reported ill in.

Not that he's going to last much longer anyway, not sure how he's going to come back from his lengthy layoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom