• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

That's the thing, no reliable source actually said it anything more than interest but people are running with the 'Arsenal got rejected again' narrative. It's annoying tbh.
We're so tight lipped about transfers that people can just invent whatever they want and the club won't say boo about it and so the stories can just keep going. Rare exceptions when Wenger may be asked directly and he'll say no, but usually just says "won't comment on names" or something.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
there has been no reliable link for us getting Mahrez all come from a nothing french website, and Lacazzete papers had no clue we made 30M bid and got rejected until Lyon said it in their website.
Only serious links at the moment are about Mustafi.

indy23

This window is turning into another nightmare.

But, hey, incredible consistency, something Wenger is surely very proud of: 10th season running in which we are only two or three signings of having a proper team.

But..but.. Its eurjulonly august. Hahaha cant believe people fall for their own bullshit

blaze_of_glory

I do think we were and maybe still are interested (heh) in Mahrez though. Seems the type Wenger would really like, and really most teams would be interested in him. But there was nothing to actually suggest we have done anything to try and get him this summer.

I have a feeling we are still after Lacazette though, we may keep trying all summer given the state of the striker market.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Just listening to some tunes to chill. Suggest you guys do the same. Or maybe I'll sing what I'm listening to.

Star player waiting in the sky, he'd like to come and play but he thinks he's too expensive

Star player waiting in the sky, he told us not to blow it cause he knows we bloody will

I'll leave it to Bowie

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We're so tight lipped about transfers that people can just invent whatever they want and the club won't say boo about it and so the stories can just keep going. Rare exceptions when Wenger may be asked directly and he'll say no, but usually just says "won't comment on names" or something.
Attention seeking, BOG. Deserves the sack over that if not the footballistic stuff.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
from BFG's facebook
Thanks for all the nice get well soon messages. After a first moment of shock about the injury, this really helped me to see things positive again.
Got my knee pimped now. The doc said this will guarantee me scoring 20 goals this season. So no more rumours about striker signings anymore
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I do think we were and maybe still are interested (heh) in Mahrez though. Seems the type Wenger would really like, and really most teams would be interested in him. But there was nothing to actually suggest we have done anything to try and get him this summer.

I have a feeling we are still after Lacazette though, we may keep trying all summer given the state of the striker market.
I'm not so sure about Lacazette......Wenger's got an issue with the price. If he really rated him he'd have done that deal already imo. Saying that he is one of the few strikers that is available - does Arsène really rate him though?

He's got his eyes on a few targets I'm sure but there's nobody out there that's so good & available that would make him just drop a ton of $$$$ on said player.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I would be disappointed if we drop 45/ 50 M on Lacazette. I just don't rate him that much.
I truly hope you are right and they have their eyes on a few targets. I am really getting antsy, I guess too much time on A-M can have that effect on the best of us. :lol:

Jack the lad

hahaha why the f u ck is the mahrez thread locked, daily star post one article about a POSSIBLE extension and in that article Ranieri said that Mahrez had not asked to leave and had not handed in a transfer request. NO ****? jesus, i really want us to sign him now to do one over those annoying little ****s that leicester fans are. They were a nothing club before last season and will continue to be so this season...

dysphoria

Established Member
Season starts in 2 weeks and we're still short of that forward, central defender and proper wide option.

Never been this unexcited over a coming season before.

Finesse

I would be disappointed if we drop 45/ 50 M on Lacazette. I just don't rate him that much.
I truly hope you are right and they have their eyes on a few targets. I am really getting antsy, I guess too much time on A-M can have that effect on the best of us. :lol:

I suspect we may not have as much cash as we are led to believe. Our last 3 most expensive players took 3 seasons to buy. With one coming in per season and very little business in thesame year. This time around we got Xhaka and I doubt we got enough available for a top defender and top striker. I suspect a defender was never in the cards and Pers injury has forced our hands. The club is forced to deep into the budget. Which makes it even tougher for us to pay top fees for any player. Wenger likes Lac Mahrez etc but we may just not have that amount of money to spend on a single window considering Xhaka is already here. Lets consider we have money. Why can we not secure Mahrez or Lac etc..these are not top tier players moving for 60m plus. At least a club like ours should be able to pull this off if we have the money. I would have been confident if we had not spent on Xhaka ...then one of Lac or Mahrez woulf have swallowed the bulk of the budget. Same when we got alexis and Özil.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I suspect we may not have as much cash as we are led to believe. Our last 3 most expensive players took 3 seasons to buy. With one coming in per season and very little business in thesame year. This time around we got Xhaka and I doubt we got enough available for a top defender and top striker. I suspect a defender was never in the cards and Pers injury has forced our hands. The club is forced to deep into the budget. Which makes it even tougher for us to pay top fees for any player. Wenger likes Lac Mahrez etc but we may just not have that amount of money to spend on a single window considering Xhaka is already here. Lets consider we have money. Why can we not secure Mahrez or Lac etc..these are not top tier players moving for 60m plus. At least a club like ours should be able to pull this off if we have the money. I would have been confident if we had not spent on Xhaka ...then one of Lac or Mahrez woulf have swallowed the bulk of the budget. Same when we got alexis and Özil.

Good points. It make sense to me as well and it is what I took from Gazidis interview. It is a tight balance though. The team needs some reinforcements in central defense and upfront. Something has to be done and the earlier is the better. The fan base is screaming for some action on that front.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
With Lacazette apparently staying put, Yedder going sevilla and us currently not being linked any to other striker; we seemed to be running out of options.:lol:

F*ck it, just sign both Gomez and Klose on free signings. I can't wait to see Gomez out score Zlatan whilst being on the quarter of his wage.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think Mahrez may be trying to get a much improved contract at Leicester and maybe, just maybe using Arsenal as a threat to the Leicester BoD.

Whenever you hear so much fluff about a player coming to Arsenal & it drags on & on, it's generally not true - at least that's how it seems recently

Leicester are continuing contract negotiations with Riyad Mahrez as Claudio Ranieri renewed his belief that the PFA Player of the Year will stay at Leicester for at least one more season.

Sportsmail understands Mahrez is prepared to sign fresh terms but is holding out for a salary equitable to Jamie Vardy’s deal, in excess of £100,000 per week.

Leicester have made an offer to boost Mahrez’s current contract, which has three years left to run at £40,000 per week, but the two parties are still thrashing out the exact figures involved and there is work to do.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Algerian-stay-one-season.html#ixzz4FqvBH3g4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Finesse

Good points. It make sense to me as well and it is what I took from Gazidis interview. It is a tight balance though. The team needs some reinforcements in central defense and upfront. Something has to be done and the earlier is the better. The fan base is screaming for some action on that front.

Exactly. He is happy for the fans to think we have money and we can buy the best players. Indeed we can but we have a bracket we cannot cross. We can also buy from a certain pool. Top players who have fallen down the pecking order at top clubs. Like Özil and Alexis. When that chance comes by then we make a move. The move can happen once every summer since it always takes the bulk of our budget. Remember Arsène always says when the right player is available we will make a move. He always waits to see what the top clubs do and see who becomes pushed to the sidelines. Then he pounces. Offers a better wage and game time. When it comes to top players.....He is not keen on knocking the door to buy what he wants. It means spending over the top. We just have to understand the summer is not about what we need. Its about who becomes available thats fits into the stratedgy. That is why we have never gone into a season addressing all our needs.

blaze_of_glory

I'm not so sure about Lacazette......Wenger's got an issue with the price. If he really rated him he'd have done that deal already imo. Saying that he is one of the few strikers that is available - does Arsène really rate him though?

He's got his eyes on a few targets I'm sure but there's nobody out there that's so good & available that would make him just drop a ton of $$$$ on said player.
Well we know we made at least one bid, as Lyon stated that we had. Don't think they would just make that up.

But yeah, whether we are still actually interested after that is just speculation. It may be he rated him at the price we offered and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom