• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
For those who wants Poch I don't get them.

He's basically a cheap version of Wenger when he wasn't rubbish like he is this past few years.

Tottenham choked even more than us last year in the championship.
This year they chocked too and now they won't be able to catch Chelsea.

They choke even more than us in Europe. They're getting out against la Gantoise :lol:

Prawn Sandwich

Getting Allegri or Simeone would be a appointment which shows a lot of intent.

I really wish I could see into the future to know who we eventually go for after Wenger, even if it was in 2020, I am extremely optimistic/concerned/interested! :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Dream summer: Bin Özil and Ramsey off to the moon for all I care. They should fetch 60 million between them at worst.
Bring in Allegri to manage and put 80 million down for Dybala.
Bring in Gaya, Kouliabaly and Isco and switch to a back 5.
Bring back Sneezy.
Sanchez ----- Dybala
Isco
Xhaka/Coq--- Wilshere/Ox
Gaya--- Kos ---Mustafi ---Koulibaly--- Bellerin
Szczesny​
With the sales of Özil and Ramsey I reckon that's a net spend of somewhere around 150 million max which this club absolutely is capable of. That team with Allegri managing should be disciplined defensively and deadly going forward.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
For those who wants Poch I don't get them.

He's basically a cheap version of Wenger when he wasn't rubbish like he is this past few years.

Tottenham choked even more than us last year in the championship.
This year they chocked too and now they won't be able to catch Chelsea.

They choke even more than us in Europe. They're getting out against la Gantoise :lol:

Yeah agreed that Pellegrini is a fantastic manager for a club in transition but is yet to prove that he can actually lead a team to the title.

I don't however buy into the whole belief he is a choker though, he has done a phenomenal job and don't have any idea how he'd do with a side that actually had a realistic shot at winning things.

Impact

Established Member
Any move post-Wenger should include a change in structure. Should create a Sporting Director/Director of Football role and target someone like Monchi at Sevilla. And create an environment that facilitates the addition of ex-players to the coaching staff. Likes of Vieira, Henry, Keown etc should still be around in some capacity. Off and on the field, Bayern are a club to learn from.

Silvinho's ball bag

Dream summer: Bin Özil and Ramsey off to the moon for all I care. They should fetch 60 million between them at worst.
Bring back Sneezy.
Sanchez ----- Dybala
Isco
Xhaka/Coq--- Wilshere/Ox
Szczesny​
With the sales of Özil and Ramsey I reckon that's a net spend of somewhere around 150 million max which this club absolutely is capable of. That team with Allegri managing should be disciplined defensively and deadly going forward.
Tissue material right here.

Also, completely agree with binning off Özil and R*msey.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Bring back Sneezy.
Sanchez ----- Dybala
Isco
Xhaka/Coq--- Wilshere/Ox
Szczesny​

Interesting post. Couple of comments : A Xhaka/Isco/Wilshere present one serious issue: lack of pace. These three guys are pretty slow, we need some pace in MF.
I would not mind a back 3 (or 5), I tend to believe that Mustafi would fare better in back 3. He is a front foot/ open space type of defender and could flourish in that system.
Gaya may be already out of reach. PSG is apparently close to get him.
NO to Chez. Let the bygones be bygones. He is not much better than when he was at AFC.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Bring back Sneezy.
Sanchez ----- Dybala
Isco
Xhaka/Coq--- Wilshere/Ox
Szczesny​

Dream summer
Diego Simeone or Bielsa new coach

Szczensy comes back and Cech stays, Szcz has maured and is even open enough to learn
I am down with your back three
But would go Riccardo Rodriquez for LB

Xhaka and Coq CDMs
Ramsey Özil AMs

and Sanchez striker

Jm89

Bring back Sneezy.
Sanchez ----- Dybala
Isco
Xhaka/Coq--- Wilshere/Ox
Szczesny​

On paper this looks great! But in reality this is a very very weak team. Where's the brut force that every top side needs to win trophys I just see it with two players up top who are under 6ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom