• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

I'm not sure Theo has improved much over the years, but the players around him are conspiring to make him look better now.

Hyruga

Arsenal's 8th premier league loss with Bellerin upfront and right side exposed at the back, Walcott invisible and not wanting to be too involved, Sanchez can't really team up with Walcott.

regniw

His supposed best season played out exactly the same as this one, less than 5 actually good games, half of his tally being tap ins or padding against bottom sides and very little relevance to our play most of the time.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
No one symbolises Emirates era Arsenal more than Theo Walcott, actually maybe Mesut Özil.

The kind of men, who when the bullets start flying they wouldn't be going back in to rescue the wounded.
Theo being the captain and in this state with Wenger's comments about that kind of sums it all up.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously. Nobody in this team should be criticised in the team before Walcott. You cannot moan at Özil, Elneny, Mustafi, Bellerin or whoever because 90 per cent of the time they can all control a football.

How Walcott is one of our highest earners while being unable to control a pass and play it to someone else on a consistent basis is ludicrous to me. The difference that the Ox showed from a cameo was staggering.

You cannot have a winger who is incapable of beating his man or at least attempting to. If he solely serves the purpose of making runs infield then surely it would make more sense to have a playmaker like Özil there instead and put someone else in midfield so we don't get overrun by and bog standard midfield in the league.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

10 years from now I'll be with my son watching match of the day and as the opening credits finish it's revealed that Theo Walcott is the guest host for today. The on screen information comes on and will reveal that he scored over 100 goals for Arsenal and won two FA cups.

My son asks, "Papa, why do you never mention that period of Arsenal's history? My friend's dad told me that Arsenal used to be the biggest club in North London? Who is Theo Walcott ? What happened to Arsenal while he was there father?"

My face darkens and my fingers pale as I tighten the grip on my whiskey glass and down another shot. That's nine. My wife looks away eyes downcast, mumbles something about being out of milk and leaves the room. She know's what's coming.

"Who's Theo Walcott papa? Why did he play so many games for Arsenal? Why do we support a mid-table team father?"

I put my glass down on the table and rise slowly, I take off my belt and test it against my hand with a sharp whipping motion...it would probably hurt if I still felt pain. I walk slowly towards Trilly Jr,the boys eyes are wide and terrified. He doesn't deserve this but neither do I. He steps back away from me but trips, he looks up at me fear in his eyes.

"Father?" he says.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

10 years from now I'll be with my son watching match of the day and as the opening credits finish it's revealed that Theo Walcott is the guest host for today. The on screen information comes on and will reveal that he scored over 100 goals for Arsenal and won two FA cups.

My son asks, "Papa, why do you never mention that period of Arsenal's history? My friend's dad told me that Arsenal used to be the biggest club in North London? Who is Theo Walcott ? What happened to Arsenal while he was there father?"

My face darkens and my fingers pale as I tighten the grip on my whiskey glass and down another shot. That's nine. My wife looks away eyes downcast, mumbles something about being out of milk and leaves the room. She know's what's coming.

"Who's Theo Walcott papa? Why did he play so many games for Arsenal? Why do we support a mid-table team f?"

I put my glass down on the table and rise slowly, I take off my belt and test it against my hand with a sharp whipping motion. It would probably hurt if I still felt pain. I walk slowly towards Trilly Jr, the boys eyes are wide and terrified he doesn't deserve this but neither did I. He steps back away from me but trips, he looks up at me fear in his eyes.

"Father?" he says.
Definitely talking to a few fruit loops on here, me.

blaise

This criticism against Walcott is a bit unfair. Yesterday was Wengers fault. When you know the other team will park the bus Theo is useless. He needs space, without space no point of playing him. He cant take a player on unless there is a lot of space to outrun him, neither can he make a good pass when there are players in front of him. He is always the same player. Improved his finishing and shooting during the years and a bit of work rate, useful impact player from bench. Not his fault he steals for living here. I wanted him out like most of our british core for a long time. But we are business, he is a nice guy, has really good marketing value, scores goals, what more do you want.

It is just that Wenger always sticks with winning sides for the next game.

mm76

Yer Da
article on website:

Theo: “The biggest thing was letting the fans down tonight,” said Theo. “We all did and that’s not Arsenal at all."

err, yes it is Theo...

Theo again: “We go out on the pitch and we try to do a job, so we’ve let the manager down, like we have with the fans. That’s all I can say."

No, you could also say "and that's why i'm going to Leyton Orient and taking Wenger with me..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom