• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Whatever would happen to Theo if we get a Simeone type manager? I guess it would be pretty uncomfortable for all the players brought up in the Wenger creche.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His one-touch passing genuinely makes me giggle. Me and my mate were in histerics yesterday in the first half. Quick and a decent finisher, but in terms of genuine footballing ability he doesn't have any.

Sell.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
10 years from now I'll be with my son watching match of the day and as the opening credits finish it's revealed that Theo Walcott is the guest host for today. The on screen information comes on and will reveal that he scored over 100 goals for Arsenal and won two FA cups.

My son asks, "Papa, why do you never mention that period of Arsenal's history? My friend's dad told me that Arsenal used to be the biggest club in North London? Who is Theo Walcott ? What happened to Arsenal while he was there father?"

My face darkens and my fingers pale as I tighten the grip on my whiskey glass and down another shot. That's nine. My wife looks away eyes downcast, mumbles something about being out of milk and leaves the room. She know's what's coming.

"Who's Theo Walcott papa? Why did he play so many games for Arsenal? Why do we support a mid-table team f?"

I put my glass down on the table and rise slowly, I take off my belt and test it against my hand with a sharp whipping motion. It would probably hurt if I still felt pain. I walk slowly towards Trilly Jr, the boys eyes are wide and terrified he doesn't deserve this but neither did I. He steps back away from me but trips, he looks up at me fear in his eyes.

"Father?" he says.

Well, Tell Us 1.jpg

karl

Wenger is partially right about the captaincy not making any difference. That is when you are winning; but when you are on hard times it could be a telling factor. Without criticising Theo's performance, I can't imagine him inspiring others to get going.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Wenger is partially right about the captaincy not making any difference. That is when you are winning; but when you are on hard times it could be a telling factor. Without criticising Theo's performance, I can't imagine him inspiring others to get going.

The captaincy doesn't make a difference when any of the current lot are wearing it. For a player who genuinely cares about the club it can see them go up a level individually.

Imagine Wilshere with the armband. He's a vocal lad anyway, he'd relish the responsibility of captaincy. He's an Arsenal boy. Giving it to Walcott just because he's been here a while is stupid. Walcott couldn't lead spaghetti to bolognese, never mind get our lads up for it away to Palace.

Embarrassing.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
It takes me back to a radio interview he did not long after Sanchez joined. All the talk in the media was about Alexis and his work rate.

Theo was interviewed on talkSPORT and regaled about how the lads were telling him in training to calm down and not be so intense because of burn out.

No Theo, Alexis was probably thinking what the **** kind of club is this? Why is everyone so relaxed? Why are we not preparing properly? Sol Campbell alluded to the same thing about when he came back to Arsenal, said there were too many players taking it easy, he was shocked at the attitude and what was going on there from the group of the players that he left.

You can't fool everyone forever, the chickens are fully coming home to roost this season and not one of us can say this hasn't been coming. It's been like watching a car crash in slow motion.

mm76

Yer Da
Sol Campbell alluded to the same thing about when he came back to Arsenal, said there were too many players taking it easy, he was shocked at the attitude and what was going on there from the group of the players that he left.

yes you can see it just from the website stuff and their general prep, people like Theo and Rambo are gonna have a hell of a wakeup call when they're shipped somewhere like Bolton...

Deathstroke

The Terminator
yes you can see it just from the website stuff and their general prep, people like Theo and Rambo are gonna have a hell of a wakeup call when they're shipped somewhere like Bolton...

With Wenger around, both will eventually retire here before Theo takes over from Gazidis and Ramsey goes full-on Kardashian.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
It takes me back to a radio interview he did not long after Sanchez joined. All the talk in the media was about Alexis and his work rate.

Theo was interviewed on talkSPORT and regaled about how the lads were telling him in training to calm down and not be so intense because of burn out.

No Theo, Alexis was probably thinking what the **** kind of club is this? Why is everyone so relaxed? Why are we not preparing properly? Sol Campbell alluded to the same thing about when he came back to Arsenal, said there were too many players taking it easy, he was shocked at the attitude and what was going on there from the group of the players that he left.

You can't fool everyone forever, the chickens are fully coming home to roost this season and not one of us can say this hasn't been coming. It's been like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Going back further than that, I remember Cesc's interview when he'd just joined Barcelona. He was asked specifically about the similarities to Barcelona and Arsenal training sessions. He talked about the possession work being similar, but noted one major difference.

He said at Barcelona they'd study the opposition up to 6 times per week. At Arsenal they didn't look at the opposition in training once. Quite astounding really. It shows on the field too. If we're unable to play our game we get turned over. Like you say, you can't fool everyone forever. It seems like everyone and their dog is wise to our playing style (fans included) but we still expect our style to prevail.

Four away games on the bounce we've lost, having conceded a minimum of three in all the games. It's not working and it's never been more apparent than now.

regniw

I remember being good with words was one of his qualities, he even stole money from kids with some silly books thanks to it. "Well-spoken" was a common adjective used to describe Theo.

Now he doesn't even have that. Did he lose it like his pace when Danny Rose injured him and allowed us to finally field a trophy winning side?

Stumped

I'm sick of watching him. He's got some quality to beat up on lower quality teams but that can be fulfilled at another club.

I hope he is sold so we can finally wash our hands of him; the alleged potential, the endless repetive back and forth discussions that have gone on for YEARS.

Theo Walcott is the symbol of our downfall. Promised a lot, given leeway for youth, starts delivering but mentally soft, ****ing about with his contract and status at the club, injured......ultimately mediocre.

Enough is enough.

Red&Dreadjm

10 years from now I'll be with my son watching match of the day and as the opening credits finish it's revealed that Theo Walcott is the guest host for today. The on screen information comes on and will reveal that he scored over 100 goals for Arsenal and won two FA cups.

My son asks, "Papa, why do you never mention that period of Arsenal's history? My friend's dad told me that Arsenal used to be the biggest club in North London? Who is Theo Walcott ? What happened to Arsenal while he was there father?"

My face darkens and my fingers pale as I tighten the grip on my whiskey glass and down another shot. That's nine. My wife looks away eyes downcast, mumbles something about being out of milk and leaves the room. She know's what's coming.

"Who's Theo Walcott papa? Why did he play so many games for Arsenal? Why do we support a mid-table team father?"

I put my glass down on the table and rise slowly, I take off my belt and test it against my hand with a sharp whipping motion. It would probably hurt if I still felt pain. I walk slowly towards Trilly Jr, the boys eyes are wide and terrified he doesn't deserve this but neither did I. He steps back away from me but trips, he looks up at me fear in his eyes.

"Father?" he says.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I laughed with this one.

Poor Trilly Jnr..........LMAO!!!

hahaha

Still laughing!!:D:D:D:D

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
He made Jefferey Schlupp look like a genuine top class full back.

I've watched Schlupp live when he was at Leicester, in the first half I was mere yards away from him. He legit gave me hope than one day I could still become a pro footballer- he was that bad.

Against Walcott he looked unreal. You know what that tells me? Bush did 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom