• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday December 2, 2018 | 14:05 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Tottenham win

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • This is a fantastic match thread

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I made that Uturn after his first assist. Really need to keep him tbh. Glad he still gives it his all!

Wish this contract situation will be sorted.

Also needs, to get back into the starting lineup after his last two performances, especially if you consider what - or more exactly what not - Mkhi and Iwobi have done over the last few games.

Go back to Auba, Ramsey, Özil or if Özil is sidelined longer Iwobi instead of Mesut on the right.

Lacazette - Auba, Ramsey, Iwobi - Xhaka, Torreira and then using the 433 off the ball press we've seen in preseason and early in the season adn at stretches today with Ramsey pushing up into the centre of the front three and Iwobi who is less agressive but more physical and better at transitioning the ball as well as more of a fit to CM than Özil dropping next to Xhaka and Torreira - that's what I'd like to see tbh. It gives us Ramsey in the side while retaining a winger on the right in Iwobi, it has Laca and Auba both starting.

Now such a performance has to come more consistently, especially against smaller teams. If we play that way week in week out but still finish 5th, I'm happy because it's still progress. Bin that sterile possession stuff for good. If Emery can start to keep this level of performance and take it into the new year, I'm happy to retract my criticism of him in his thread.

Last edited:

Giroud12

WOW! What a game.

Extremely impressive to come back like we did, especially considering how we went down 1-2. A while ago I said I wouldn´t take anyone else over Emery, not Allergi, not Sarri, not Jardim, and got some stick for that. I´ll happilly say that again now - I can´t see any other manager being able to fire up their players like that. And its not like we grinded out a win, we totally outplayed them for the entire 2nd half. Kane was invisible.

Not only was this win so important for the top 4 race, but now we´re going into the next game full of confidence, still unbeaten in 18. Can´t really see anything else but a sweet win over Mou.

The subs were spot on, and credit to Emery for having the balls to do it at half time. Dropping Özil turned out to be the right move as well (I don´t buy the injury story).

Absolutely love seeing the passion from Torreira, Guendouzi, Laca, Auba etc. It shows this really means something to them and the carelessness from last season is long gone. All credit to the board for getting Emery, today was an absolute tactical masterclass.

COYG!!!!!

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
This game will forever be close to my heart. Everyone was absolute class. Torreira, Aubameyang, Sokratis, and Ramsey especially were fan-****ing-tastic. We humiliated them, great 4-1 win. Let's thrash United now please.
4-2. My cousin watched the game with me (UTD) fan and said they need to go up by atleast 2 goals in the first half to be safe in the second.

We need to carry this momentum!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Kola, Sokratis and Torreira have added some necessary steel to this team. Xhaka and Lichtsteiner have some naughty treaks, too.

Kola , Mustaphi, Ramsey , Torreira , Guendouzi , Xhaka and Sokratis , correct me if I am wrong but our English lads were not to be seen .

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Kola , Mustaphi, Ramsey , Torreira , Guendouzi , Xhaka and Sokratis , correct me if I am wrong but our English lads were not to be seen .
We only had one English lad on the team and he played ever so well! Holdini has a mean streak on him too, manhandled Costa when was still at Chelsea at sub 21 years old...

We currently have a lot of aggression in the team and it's great to see.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We only had one English lad on the team and he played ever so well! Holdini has a mean streak on him too, manhandled Costa when was still at Chelsea at sub 21 years old...

We currently have a lot of aggression in the team and it's great to see.

Forgot that Iwobi isn't English . :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The kid is living the dream. From ligue deux to a GIANT club like arsenal, best mates with ballers like Auba and Laca from day 1, loved by the fans, a manager that has faith to play him and is trying to develop him into the star he can be... and he’s enjoying it fully like he should be doing. Haven’t fallen in love with a young player like this from day 1 since Fabregas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom