• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion | May 5, 2019 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,211
  • Views 83,534

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well known in the football world that a manager needs three windows to make it his team. Outliers aside this is the case most of the time.

I'm not blaming Wenger 100% but the deficiencies of the squad that he put together have let us down.

Emery also has to take some blame. As do the players.

I'm not having any of this 'It's all on Emery' b*lloks though.

Emery inherited great attackers and was allowed to sign defensive midfielder, defenders and goalkeeper. The attack is worse and the defense has barely improved.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Most have been good too - Leno, Sok, Torreira, Guendouzi etc.
If we made these kind signings next season that's replace mustafi xhaka Iwobi mkhi we'll definitely improve I like what we did last summer improved some areas of the time with 70m budget

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Laca has certainly become better this season?
It depends on which Lacazette you're talking about. Lacazette from the first half of last season when he was carrying an injury, then yeah improvement. Second half of the season Lacazette, then no.

Our ability to create chances this year has taken a big hit. For all the talk about how many goals we've scored, if it wasn't for our unrealistic conversion rate we would be talking much more about how poor our attack has been.

Hexagon9

Wenger isn't here anymore. He left one year ago and hasn't touched this club since then.

The blame for the results in the league are on Emery and his staff and the players.

Absolute rubbish!

Who was responsible for bringing the majority of this spineless and talentless squad to the club? Oh, and also oversaw some ludicrous contracts!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Sanchez and Ramsey could have been sold for so much money if their contract situation was handled right.
But then we would have been labeled a selling club, also its not like we have a good track record in the last 10 years of replacing quality players. For me Leno has been our best signing this year.

Absolute rubbish!

Who was responsible for bringing the majority of this spineless and talentless squad to the club? Oh, and also oversaw some ludicrous contracts!

Gazidis and statDNA. It is actually becoming a well known fact that many players in the later years of Wenger here was signed under Gazidis and the statDNA even if Wenger tried to arguing it.

The contracts was then also under Gazidis. There is talk about that Wenger was against giving Özil 350k per week contract but Gazidis did it anyway.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
But then we would have been labeled a selling club, also its not like we have a good track record in the last 10 years of replacing quality players. For me Leno has been our best signing this year.

Who cares about how we are labeled.

Liverpool is the best example, who is saying today that they're a selling club? Even though they don't hesitate to sell their best talent for the right offer?

As long as you reinvest the money properly, it's fine.

We were labeled as a selling club because we replaced RVP with Giroud and Podolski. Cesc hasn't been replaced for years...

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
The mental gymnastics from these people man. 1/12 points from games against Crystal palace, Leicester, Wolves and Brighton and some are trying to absolve Emery of any blame for this nonsense? I can't take them seriously.
Summed up by the fact that the last time we loss a game to Wolves most of the people on here hadn't been born yet.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Meanwhile I've just won the CL first leg semi final with my Arsenal career on fifa 19.

No Xhaka or Mustafi to be seen. Ramsey is going to lift the cup.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I didnt blame wenger i dont blame Emery

I blame the owners i blame the players i blame aftv..

This isnt a Emery or wenger thing
I didn’t blame Wenger either, and I’m not blaming Emery.

The best manager ever couldn’t get Kola to cross a decent ball, Iwobi to have a decent shot on target, Mustafi to stop his stupid challenges, and any of our current midfielders to drop their shoulder and pass a couple of players.

The managers can organise and drill, but at the end of the day they’re not on the pitch. There isn’t a lot between the top managers, today’s game is more about money and transfers.

Get the right players and the managers job is easy.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Liverpool is the best example, who is saying today that they're a selling club? Even though they don't hesitate to sell their best talent for the right offer?

We were labeled as a selling club because we replaced RVP with Giroud and Podolski. Cesc hasn't been replaced for years...
I would say most posters on here would care if we sold our best players in their prime. We know that they won't reinvest the money properly, so whats the point? Guess we don't have to worry about selling our best players any more at least as we no longer have any

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Go suck Liverpool off at Rawk. Disgusting excuses as usual by you.

Most have been good too - Leno, Sok, Torreira, Guendouzi etc.

You honestly thing they have been good? I think they have been below average. 4/10 maybe. Barely improved us.

Sokratis has just got worse and worse as the season went on. His grappling won't be tolerated next season. He is just bad signing overall IMO!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So we'll be going to Valencia with such low morale was afraid about that hopefully we stay focused we got trophy to win at least

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think he'd do better in a central role behind the striker? It's obvious he's not good enough on the wing. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind selling him for the cash, but I do wonder if he'd be better more in an CAM role.
A lot of people have said this,but when he lost the ball today, there was no urgency to win it back. His goal!assist ratio is worse than Özil's worst season here and if he loses the ball centrally, surely we will be in more danger. His passing isn't great atm and Aubs and Laca have had to work do hard for chances. I just don't see how he will help us anywhere on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom