• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion | May 5, 2019 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,211
  • Views 83,389

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I didn’t blame Wenger either, and I’m not blaming Emery.

The best manager ever couldn’t get Kola to cross a decent ball, Iwobi to have a decent shot on target, Mustafi to stop his stupid challenges, and any of our current midfielders to drop their shoulder and pass a couple of players.

The managers can organise and drill, but at the end of the day they’re not on the pitch. There isn’t a lot between the top managers, today’s game is more about money and transfers.

Get the right players and the managers job is easy.

Problem is not about that... manager is not that easy... and if you think that’s all a manager does then you don’t know about football and playing it.

Football is a lot of what you do without the ball, when and where you run without the ball to exploit the holes. That’s about the manager, even the distance between players, the tempo and number in touches. You can play one or two touch gaming at different tempo, Pep takes his time with the ball and speed it up at final 3/4. Ajax is more vertical even playing a similar formation.

And that’s only in the attacking phase... the manager is even more important when you are defending because you don’t even have the ball and if you don’t have a plan and the team move together in a block then you run behind the ball like a little boy... they run behind your players and it’s game over. It’s all about when you press, with how many men and where you do it. You can press with different intensity at different zones in different moments of the game. You can defend in zones, press players or do a mix of both.

Football is so complex and all is manipulated by the manager. A good manager gets the better of his players making them work as a unit.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Xhaka can go **** himself. As can Alan Smith. Legit nearly completed the set and broke a phone, laptop and tv in one year when i heard his voice.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Problem is not about that... manager is not that easy... and if you think that’s all a manager does then you don’t know about football and playing it.

Football is a lot of what you do without the ball, when and where you run without the ball to exploit the holes. That’s about the manager, even the distance between players, the tempo and number in touches. You can play one or two touch gaming at different tempo, Pep takes his time with the ball and speed it up at final 3/4. Ajax is more vertical even playing a similar formation.

And that’s only in the attacking phase... the manager is even more important when you are defending because you don’t even have the ball and if you don’t have a plan and the team move together in a block then you run behind the ball like a little boy... they run behind your players and it’s game over. It’s all about when you press, with how many men and where you do it. You can press with different intensity at different zones in different moments of the game. You can defend in zones, press players or do a mix of both.

Football is so complex and all is manipulated by the manager. A good manager gets the better of his players making them work as a unit.

And Pep only has managed to do this by spending £300M on quality players.
Ajax has once in a lifetime golden generation with plenty of outstanding youngsters.

Wenger and now Emery are struggling to get anything out of this squad, resultwise and football quality wise.
So I think the biggest problem right now is indeed the quality of our squad.

I'm not saying our manager has been perfect. Or better coaching couldn't have got us a few more points here and there.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

If we lose on Thursday i'll take a major break from all things sport. Will spend the summer catching up on my reading, listen to music and watch good television. Won't spend a second thinking about Arsenal.

You won’t need to because if that happens, I’m going to burn the ****ing stadium to the ground.

Walked out at full time along with most the rest of the stadium.

****ing joke of a performance - Miki and Granit totallly screwed it in about 30 seconds and contributed the square root of **** all between them.

So angry.

Wouterus

Frustrated, but not surprised by the result given our recent form and the general lack of quality in the squad. Our main problem is our central defence, such an important position and all of our CBs are a complete liability, defensively and in position. A solid CB duo gives confidence to the right/left back and midfielders. The build up starts from there, for me our attacking issues are mainly a consequence of issues at the back.

I honestly think we need 3/4 new defenders in our squad to be competitive, that would be my priority.

Another problem is that when the game is not going well, we have no options to change the game. No creativity, no goals, or power. Relying on Lacazette and Aubameyang to score from a defensive error mostly, not because we create chances ourselves.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Frustrated, but not surprised by the result given our recent form and the general lack of quality in the squad. Our main problem is our central defence, such an important position and all of our CBs are a complete liability, defensively and in position. A solid CB duo gives confidence to the right/left back and midfielders. The build up starts from there, for me our attacking issues are mainly a consequence of issues at the back.

I honestly think we need 3/4 new defenders in our squad to be competitive, that would be my priority.

Another problem is that when the game is not going well, we have no options to change the game. No creativity, no goals, or power. Relying on Lacazette and Aubameyang to score from a defensive error mostly, not because we create chances ourselves.

You're right.

*Mustafi isn't good enough for a top 6 club.
*Monreal will turn 34 during the next season and is slowing down.
*Kolasinac is a wingback, not a fullback. Not good enough defensively.
*Koscielny will be 34 in September. Still capable of quality, but not often enough. Too injury prone.
*Chambers will be back from loan, but also isn't good enough for a top 6 club. May have found his calling as a holding midfielder.

Arsenal should try to move on the first three and Chambers at the very least, if not all five. Getting Bellerin and Holding back will help, but it's not enough. Mustafi has to be replaced. Ideally Arsenal needs to buy a top center back, but at least they need to improve on Mustafi. Somebody good to go along with Holding, Sokratis and Koscielny (if he stays). They really need two left backs since neither Nacho nor Kolasinac are good enough in the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 system favored by Emery, but maybe once Bellerin is back they can have Maitland-Niles cover both sides.

Last edited:

Mohamed7

Kolasinac, Mustafi, Leichsteiner, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Chambers, Welbeck ,Elneny, are players I would ship on in the off season.

Give me a winger, central midfielder, left back, right back, central defender.

Enough of this rubbish please, we need proper players!
It is all about the budget of the club.

Personally, I would not want Mikhi and Iwobi gone just yet. We need another stop gap year with them in the squad but not our starting line up - They can be rotation players.

We need two first team wingers who are proper, direct wingers. CM to replace Ramsey, young and upcoming CAM to challenge Özil, first team left back, first team CB, young and upcoming RB to rotate with Bellerin, and a back-up GK to replace retiring Cech.

We need to let go off a lot dead wood: M Elneny, Kola, Lichts, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Chambers.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It is hard to see how we improve on this next year. Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck gone.

Koscielny and Monreal ageing and on their last seasons. Lichtsteiner a signing which hasn't worked. Not even going into the names of others who may not be good enough.

People talk about a clear-out but if you think our players are no good and need to go how much can realistically be raised by a clear-out? New signings? You heard what you owner said - £40 million not a penny more. So unless our young players are blooded and deliver - difficult when you're doing that with 5 or 6 - we may well look back fondly at having finished 5th this season.

I can see us dropping out of the Europa league places as early as next season. And forget this rubbish that not being in Europe will mean we can go for the title. Nah. being out of Europe may enable us to put in a challenge to get back into the Europa league.

I have seen the future, it is murder.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
When did he say this?
Been reported a few backs ago, quote not attributed directly to him but the source that leaked this must have had the owner's approval because it was not hostile. I think they were preparing the ground, ensuring expectations are low.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Mo full of cheer.

Think people should hold fire, ffs. If we win the Europa, this season goes from 0 to 10 in seconds.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
When did he say this?

I was just going to ask the same thing.

Ornstein said that he heard it would be around £100 million if Arsenal can make the Champions League (a little less if not). They'll have a good chunk of added funds coming in from new sponsorship deals kicking in (£10 million from the shirt sponsor alone). They'll raise some more through player sales and they'll have a significant chunk of wages coming off the books.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I was just going to ask the same thing.

Ornstein said that he heard it would be around £100 million if Arsenal can make the Champions League (a little less if not). They'll have a good chunk of added funds coming in from new sponsorship deals kicking in (£10 million from the shirt sponsor alone). They'll raise some more through player sales and they'll have a significant chunk of wages coming off the books.

Mo is talking non sense. There is 0 chance Arsenal only have 40m to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom