• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
After Mourinho told him to get the jab, did a vaxx/anti vaxx argument breakout in the comments, with the other managers?

Could see Sean Dyche and Big Sam saying they don't want any of that "foreign stuff" injected into their bodies, as they voted Brexit!

We're lucky this is the international break. I've been told not to look on the effect of Corona virus thread.

Think I have a good grasp on why.

Vanpayslip

I’m still trying to get over the bit where Xhaka says it wasn’t a red and he though English football was tough. What’s tough about a challenge that may break someone’s leg?

One of the few lessons I’ve learnt in life are that if someone has to tell you about ‘tough’ then just ignore them. Tough people don’t usually talk tough. He’s just an imposter. I’m not surprised Arteta has a crush on him. Not only did they play the same position but Arteta probably sees him and identifies as a fellow imposter.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It’s nothing to do with toughness. The rules are clear on those types of challenges and they are a red for a very good reason. May be he should educate himself on the rules given it is his job to know.
But the rules are also crystal clear that a straight up punch in the face is not allowed on a football pitch. :lol:

9F8B415D-F4B7-4B1B-9E6C-113CE3A4510D.jpeg

Vanpayslip

Good morning. A terse rebuttal indeed.

Xhaka has been beyond defending for some time now, but what use are these rules if they are not applied in a fair and equitable manner? Should we not be seeking some measure of consistency?

Have a pleasant day.

A rebuttal wasn’t really needed. You didn’t make a point in the first post where you quoted me.

If you want to have a philosophical discussion on whether two wrongs make a right then go right ahead.

But it was a red card. He knows it’s a red card. Those kind of tackles mostly do get a red card. The example you gave was erroneous as it’s a different kind of foul. Xhaka went in to a tackle that could potentially end the other player’s career had he have been positioned differently. I’m surprised you equate that to handbags between Chambers and some no name footballer.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A rebuttal wasn’t really needed. You didn’t make a point in the first post where you quoted me.

If you want to have a philosophical discussion on whether two wrongs make a right then go right ahead.

But it was a red card. He knows it’s a red card. Those kind of tackles mostly do get a red card. The example you gave was erroneous as it’s a different kind of foul. Xhaka went in to a tackle that could potentially end the other player’s career had he have been positioned differently. I’m surprised you equate that to handbags between Chambers and some no name footballer.
You seem tense. Relax, enjoy your weekend, and forget about the potential misdemeanours of Granit Xhaka.

You owe me £425 for this consultation. I assume you have private health insurance?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The vaccine gives good protection, but young healthy people can easily survive covid. But its still a risk of getting covid, it has gone badly with even the healthiest people.

But now we are getting to the point that majority has been offered the vaccine, if you refuse, you are taking a risk but we also have to respect people right to not take it.
It's his right obviously. But he is a professional athlete representing a club and a country. If he hadn't received that red, this would result in missing many matches because of isolation. So it's irresponsible of him to do that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

E-c9e0-WYAUFQ06

Xhaka twerking for his real manager, Jose.

You love to see it.

🥲

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A player 99% of the fanbase dislikes due to poor performances/professionalism, in love with a manager that said some of the worst things about our greatest ever manager.

Naturally, we give him an extension and continue to give him the armband...

1237083_1019759178064298_8495719066865995083_n.jpg

RacingPhoton

Established Member
A player 99% of the fanbase dislikes due to poor performances/professionalism, in love with a manager that said some of the worst things about our greatest ever manager.

Naturally, we give him an extension and continue to give him the armband...

1237083_1019759178064298_8495719066865995083_n.jpg
This scenario is weird. It looks like he still doesn't want to stay. The contract extension was forced on him because of the clause we had added in his previous contract. What makes Arteta and Edu think this will work out? I have no idea.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Xhaka is still our 2nd best midfielder after a fit partey.

Sambi was signed to replace douzi, he is our 3rd best midfielder.
Elneny & AMN are 4th & 5th choice.

People can slag the manager/edu for not bringing in another midfielder but 2 of our top 3 choices have been purchased by this regime & if we had got a decent offer from Roma for Xhaka we would have brought in another one imho.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

People can slag the manager/edu for not bringing in another midfielder but 2 of our top 3 choices have been purchased by this regime & if we had got a decent offer from Roma for Xhaka we would have brought in another one imho.
Here comes another "He is the best of what we have" argument.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

The offer from Roma was decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom