• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

quattro

I'm not even sure I can cope with watching the game on Wednesday to be honest. Haaland will have an absolute field day with this back 4.
nah, watching the game Wednesday will probably be less nervy than this one given that we go there being absolute underdogs, which to be fair, is probably what we actually have been throughout the season relative to City despite showing uncommon consistency over 30+ games.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
no, it was already injured. His next game would have caused the problem no matter what competition it was in
So that would just reinforce my point. If it was already injured then playing an already injured person in a meaningless game makes even less sense.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Just like benge saying his players not enjoying the pressure they struggling mentally even tho they doing all they can but nowhere near of first half of season the 2nd half of season the mistakes did grow not being discipline defensively too

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Right, it could have. But it didn't. I would rather lose a player in a match that matters than in a match that doesn't matter. Just the same as if I get struck by lightning I would rather it be on my way to somewhere nice than on my way to watch a Sp**s match.

Bro, we would very likely be in the very same position now, and you’d feel better because he broke down in a legit game.

He wasn’t tackled or injured by a specific action on the pitch, he just broke down and walked off. I don’t know why we believe he would be ok today had he not played that game.

The dude was clearly carrying something for a while for it to just happen like that.

Batman

From what I read the didn't realise the extent of it until it went out completely.
Frankly the whole medical staff at Arsenal strikes me as fools. The women have lost their 3 best players to ACL injuries in the span of 4-5 months and we've had 2 serious knee injuries and apparently mismanaged or misdiagnosed a back injury to our most important player in the span of 3. That seems beyond just hard luck.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Just like benge saying his players not enjoying the pressure they struggling mentally even tho they doing all they can but nowhere near of first half of season the 2nd half of season the mistakes did grow not being discipline defensively too
Was saying the same thing before the West Ham game but it's too late for this message now.

blaze_of_glory

Very young team. They have to learn to deal with the pressure, always unlikely they handle it properly the first time out.

We'll be in similar circumstances over the next few years, this is just the first time out.

blaze_of_glory

Frankly the whole medical staff at Arsenal strikes me as fools. The women have lost their 3 best players to ACL injuries in the span of 4-5 months and we've had 2 serious knee injuries and apparently mismanaged or misdiagnosed a back injury to our most important player in the span of 3. That seems beyond just hard luck.
How can medical staff prevent ACL injuries? Also aren't those a lot more common in the women's game?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Zinchenko is an unbelievable attacking player, don't think we could have signed any other player to help us dominate games like him, certainly zero that would have joined a Europa team at the time...but defensively he's very poor reaaly.

Having a backline with 3 quality CBs in it basically, allowed us to carry him perfectly...especially Gabriel and Saliba, who are absolute titans of defenders, their mere presence seems to demotivate attackers....they really are the regen of Campbell-Toure (and despite how great they were in 03/04, still gutted we only barely got 2 years of that partnership before Sol's injuries in early 2005 saw him decline a little...think that would be seen as one of the best Prem pairs ever with more time in their prime, they really had everything) they were the key to this.

Not surprised we are struggling without William, backline is carrying too many below par pure defenders for a title fight.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Very young team. They have to learn to deal with the pressure, always unlikely they handle it properly the first time out.

We'll be in similar circumstances over the next few years, this is just the first time out.

Sp**s had the youngest team when they bottled it 15/16. Nobody tried to excuse them, especially not here. The young team excuse was not acceptable last season and is not acceptable now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Maybe you should pay more attention to the women's game and the problem with ACL injuries in general rather than blaming the medical team. Tomis injury was innocuous. Jesus got injured at the World Cup and they have done well to get him back. Nobody actually knows what is wrong with Saliba.

Batman

How can medical staff prevent ACL injuries? Also aren't those a lot more common in the women's game?
They are because the ACL is a fairly weak ligament relative to its job and it is more common in women because of the width of their hips but 3 on one team at one time is almost unheard so I think it's fair to ask when a club has 5 serious knee injuries at once if there is something going on with the training or the surfaces that is a contributing factor.

Batman

Maybe you should pay more attention to the women's game and the problem with ACL injuries in general rather than blaming the medical team. Tomis injury was innocuous. Jesus got injured at the World Cup and they have done well to get him back. Nobody actually knows what is wrong with Saliba.
I wasn't speaking about Jesus, I was speaking about Mo and I have forgotten more about anatomy and biomechanics than you will ever know in life. You're the same guy who thinks that praying at a mosque puts the same pressure on the back that professional football does. Bugger off now.

bergholt

How does a medical team give someone an ACL? That's the conditioning/fitness team if anyone, having not enough leg strength around the knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom