• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Nottingham Forest 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, May 20 | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
You can only play what’s in front of you, and the whole weak league thing is debatable anyway.

Its debatable because it’s a non discussion. Not one wingle argument I’ve heard from AMers desperately clinging to a romantic picture of the league being easier now has been nothing but speculative and subjective

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Had an angry little Northern Irishman barking orders at them every minute in Pat Rice with his always pissed off Belfast accent, if that doesn't keep you on your toes I don't know what will 😅

They don't make them like Pat anymore, that's certain 😭

Seriously though, they were men & carried themselves as such.

This pathetic lot could do with a little tough love.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool out the Champions League
Sp**s and Chelsea midtable rubbish.

But it will Arsenal who gets the most criticism.

That's why its best I just zone out and come back in July.

I don’t get people who follow these media ghouls.

Social media is a choice, watching clickbait clips of Neville and Carragher trying to farm engagement is a choice.

It’s only as big a deal as you let it be to you.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't know, goals haven't been a problem for us this season (except for the last two games lol). We've conceded a stupid amount of goals over the last two months and that's what ultimately cost us. Against a low block it's imperative that we make overloads out wide otherwise you just get sterile side to side possession which is what we just witnessed.

Today was the day we needed Jesus, and he couldnt show up in the key moments. Last week as well, when we played Brighton, there wasnt that option to put the ball away and take the game away from the opposition despite a good performance.

So for me, we must be able to attack their box directly, like City do with Haaland and at times Liverpool have done with Nunez. Its the reason Sp**s can dream of finishing midtable too, because they have Kane.

As for low blocks, we create overloads all the time. The criticism today and for large parts of the season, we only create on our right hand side and completely neglect the other side. Teams explicitly plan for that and pounce on the loose ball, as we saw today, against Everton away, Southampton as well.

Our game is based on pulling opposition shapes apart, but when they are just focused on sitting deep, doubling up on our wide players, becoming physical and slowing the game down. Then we need more options in the way we play.

Regista21

From a tactical standpoint, the big issue in this match was that Arsenal didnt had anyone exploring the open central corridors.
Nottingham was clearly creating defensive overloads near the wings in order to not let Saka and Trossard to create options there. This would force Nottingham's central corridors to have a lot of space that was to explored by Xhaka, Odeegard and Jesus through a sickle movement. This didnt happen.
For some reason, Odeegard, Jesus and Xhaka were trying to help create triangulations on the wings while no one tried to infiltrate the box. As a consequence, Arsenal didnt had offensive options and could barely find space.
To make things worse, because if the lack of options in the box, the wing players would keep returning the ball to the back losango.
In the back, there was no disruptive pass. Gabriel would rarely try to invert the ball or explore the diagonal to active the central midfielders. Instead, the passes would be player to player, in a slow place, that allowed NF's low block to cover the movement without problems.
Gabriel Jesus was just awful as well. One of his biggest problems, ever since the Man City days, is that he just pannicks when he can't perform. He starts to hold too much on the ball and dribble past 2 or 3 players, something that almost always results in turnovers and counterattack possibilities.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its debatable because it’s a non discussion. Not one wingle argument I’ve heard from AMers desperately clinging to a romantic picture of the league being easier now has been nothing but speculative and subjective

It’s not just on here, you hear it from other fans as well, whilst a lot of the managers ect in the league say it’s the most competitive it’s ever been.

Basically it’s very hard to judge and their are arguments to be made for each side of the debate.

bergholt

They don't make them like Pat anymore, that's certain 😭

Seriously though, they were men & carried themselves as such.

This pathetic lot could do with a little tough love.

Definitely mentally weak. We were great when everything was going our way, but couldn’t find a way to fight back against negative momentum later.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First bit is true. Last bit is not debatable - Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, Sp**s etc didn’t turn up for starters. Villa 7th who were poor for half a season under Stevie etc.

Maybe they didn’t “turn up” because the level of the other teams is very high?

• Funny
Reactions: Kav

GDeep™

League is very weak
Liverpool out the Champions League
Sp**s and Chelsea midtable rubbish.

But it will Arsenal who gets the most criticism.

That's why its best I just zone out and come back in July.
Liverpool will get murdered now. Sp**s and Chelsea been bashed all season and it’ll continue. Arsenal getting a lot of praise for finishing 2nd with a young side.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
It’s not just on here, you hear it from other fans as well, whilst a lot of the managers ect in the league say it’s the most competitive it’s ever been.

Basically it’s very hard to judge and their are arguments to be made for each side of the debate.

Sure fair enough, but from every argument I’ve seen on AM it’s seems that they simply want it to be so because of some sort of romanticism of how things were

Me myself have a very hard time believing that a sport as football, which is progressive in nature, would somehow have become weaker

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The league was terrible this year.

We just lost to Forest away and Liverpool almost lost at home to once relegation threatened Villa.

Brentford traveled to Sp**s and beat them, Brighton beat us at home, and were thrashed at home by Everton.

You cant be assured of a victory against any of the teams anymore, unless you're Man City. (City, Arsenal, Newcastle, United, Liverpool, Villa, Brighton, Sp**s, Brentford, Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest).

Next season, Chelsea, Palace, Everton will probably be stronger again as well.

How does that translate into a terrible league?

Game Over

The boys are finished bro, that and dropped heads because of the title loss. Think back to the first half of the season. That's what a depth and more quality brings you.

We'll be back.

Hope you’re right, but that first half of the season feels a long way away now.

A stronger squad could stretch that good run out for longer, but Arteta needs to learn to utilise a squad and not run his favourites into the ground. Champions League will also test that squad management.

I fear we over performed early on and have returned to the mean.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pleased for Cooper and Forest fans and players who have been pretty brave this season, but that was the most pathetic Arsenal performance of the season. Tactically terrible, poor focus and petulant and whinging like a late Wenger side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom