• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

İlkay Gündoğan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I dislike the idea of signing City castoffs becoming a habit but if we're going to sign another, this guy is the kind of actual leader that this young team could benefit from. I do think that Jesus and Zinchenko helped their teammates to learn the X's and O's of this system since they've played in the predecessor. Where they clearly have not helped in the run in is in leadership because they are a bit too emotional and have not raised their own levels to mean the moment. Gundo's not overly emotional like Jesus and Zinchenko. When it's winning time he just plays better and leads by example and I do think that even if his play itself declines a bit in the 2nd year, his leadership could prove invaluable to the young squad. No huddles or bullsh*t, just showing them how to impose calm and purpose on yourself when the pressure is on. That could prove very beneficial.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I dislike the idea of signing City castoffs becoming a habit but if we're going to sign another, this guy is the kind of actual leader that this young team could benefit from. I do think that Jesus and Zinchenko helped their teammates to learn the X's and O's of this system since they've played in the predecessor. Where they clearly have not helped in the run in is in leadership because they are a bit too emotional and have not raised their own levels to mean the moment. Gundo's not overly emotional like Jesus and Zinchenko. When it's winning time he just plays better and leads by example and I do think that even if his play itself declines a bit in the 2nd year, his leadership could prove invaluable to the young squad. No huddles or bullsh*t, just showing them how to impose calm and purpose on yourself when the pressure is on. That could prove very beneficial.
He is a sensational player and would automatically become our best midfielder from our current squad.

Even at his current age, this is a no brainier for 2~ seasons with the CL transition coming next season.

I think this is highly unlikely to happen, but would be a great pickup if it did.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He had permanent back issues at Dortmund that couldn't be fixed, so if Pep casts him off he probably knows that his body is close to breaking point after years of PEDs.

Should steer way clear.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We need to stop signing City players. We basically take someone of their hands they don't want or need, give them money, and they spend the money on someone younger and better.

Obviously in this case there's no transfer fee but I'd be wary of City not wanting to give him decent terms being so important yet us willing to do it.

We need to be abit smarter. It isn't a good look on the club constantly going to City to do our business. Shows a lack of idea.

Abit like Ten Hag having to do all or most of his business with Dutch clubs or players with Dutch connections.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to stop signing City players. We basically take someone of their hands they don't want or need, give them money, and they spend the money on someone younger and better.

Obviously in this case there's no transfer fee but I'd be wary of City not wanting to give him decent terms being so important yet us willing to do it.

We need to be abit smarter. It isn't a good look on the club constantly going to City to do our business. Shows a lack of idea.

Abit like Ten Hag having to do all or most of his business with Dutch clubs or players with Dutch connections.

Why? The last 2 elevated played a big part in elevating us from 5th to 2nd.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why? The last 2 elevated played a big part in elevating us from 5th to 2nd.
Because I want to finish first. And I don't think signing City's hand me downs while they sign better and younger players is the way to finish first.

It wasn't the answer this season. I don't think it will be the answer next season. It may be the answer to stay in the top 4. But we need more to challenge in my opinion.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Because I want to finish first. And I don't think signing City's hand me downs while they sign better and younger players is the way to finish first.

It wasn't the answer this season. I don't think it will be the answer next season. It may be the answer to stay in the top 4. But we need more to challenge in my opinion.

How wasn’t it the answer this season? We went from 5th to 2nd and saw massive improvements in the way we play, unless your requirement for success for the summer 22 signings for them to win us the league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not sure that’s relevant to the original point.
Pretty much every player had better season than last. For you to give them the credit for us finishing second is not right. I would say the improvement of saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard played the biggest role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom