• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well at least we seem to be trying to adapt to teams that sit back against us. We started having trouble scoring against those low blocks last season. And most teams are not going to play open when they face us.
Yes he trying something different and being unpredictable against these teams who defend deep. We just lack this killer mentality at home we just stop playing after 2-0

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I am interested in hearing @SA Gunner 's thoughts once he sees the full game, today we experimented quite a bit
We didnt we played this before 2 times late of last season Nottingham away wolves at home we played Partey rb and kiwi as LB. But this first time we play this with new signings

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I am sorry but league will be tougher this year as Newcastle, Lfc, and United should be better. We are miles away from City. I can still 4 years in been able to count on one hand the number of times an Arteta team has played for 90 minutes. His team only plays in bursts. A better side would of nicked points

Badger_Revenge

My opinion:

Good to win, bad to concede at home, yet again.

To be honest, we weren't entirely at the races. Not as sharp and connected as we can get, the two goals aside which were both moments of individual brilliance. That will get better, the players are still getting used to each other.

Timber actually did not have a great game today, but I hope he is not badly injured. Most everyone was good. I think Ødegaard was very good. This was the system we tried to run at Forest end of last year and failed. This time Partey really seems to understand his role a lot better.

Arteta should have moved to a back four once we started loosing control of the match to Forest counters after Elanga and Awoniyi came on. Legs were tired. He was late on that call.

I think NF will be better this year. They are going to cause teams trouble.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Quite pleased with the way we setup, plenty of teams will sit back against us and felt Havertz had a free role, he has to show more but he has a role to thrive in this system and I actually liked some of his link play but he lacks sharpness. Trossard is the competition, and we all know Trossard will do very well.

Another threat we had was Rice getting in goal scoring positions, once he gets a few goals in opposition will press him higher and he will need to be able to find runners.

Id like our fans to just be a little more patience, when you integrate new players there is a bedding period, we just need to let some chemistry build.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Forest where a lot better than I expected them to be, particularly the 2nd half.

Don't really care how we played at this stage of the season, as long as we got the 3 points. I've seen us lose points all to often in games like that so a good win all in all.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The day felt off from the ticket entry system crashing before kick off, there was a major crush of people outside some parts of the ground at 12:30 I naturally took this as a bad omen so very pleased with the 3 points.

Need to rewatch on TV, not sure if I can be asked though.

Gabi, Saka, Ode, Saliba carried the fight as usual.

Partey, Rice were OK, some really nice nicked interceptions from Rice. Partey really loves that sideways pass to feed Saka :)

Eddie, Havertz - nah.

Timber looks like an absolute banger of a signing. To me it looked like he injured himself doing a ‘Jack Wilshere (C)’ type manoeuvre of throwing himself into a tackle when there was really no need :(

That’s all I can remember, tequila took the rest of the day away from me.

Missing Zinny and Jesus who were a phenomenon in the first half of last season but both had chequered injury records before joining us, so we need an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom