• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Last year he was getting murdered for being too dependent on the same 11 every match. I didn't love some of the decisions today and his subs still leave a lot to be desired but most all of us wanted him to be more flexible in terms of tactics and team selection. How is he meant to do that without experimenting?
No this wasn’t it. It was for not rotating certain players at all while ignoring others almost completely. It was also for not making in game adjustments quickly enough.

Rattata

I honestly thought he looked excellent today… there was a desire to his game that you didn’t see at Chelsea as well.
He wasn't excellent but he did fine. It's funny for me because Havertz performance today was very similiar to the standard Xhaka performance last season. A lot of work off the ball and a few good situations in attack.

There's a clear agenda against Havertz. He will come good but it doesn't help if even the own fans attack him for not dropping 9/10s or 10/10s every game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Did the tactical adjustments work for you today? For me, it didn't.

- I don't think you can have two 'ghost' players in the 11. By 'ghost' i don't mean invisible, i mean low touch, off the ball players. We have 2 in Havertz and Nketiah.

- What was the reasoning behind Partey Inverted? I don't think it gave us more control or openings, if anything, it meant we only attacked down that side. Some of our best openings were created by White switching and playing his usual RB role.

- We left massive spaces to counter, quite lucky Forest were not on it, at all.

Overall, i don't think the adjustment added anything to the attack. If anything, it hindered it slightly. Going forward, i want to see Partey Rice Ødegaard to start games, and if we are struggling to break teams down, then make an attacking change.
I think he wants to fit Partey, Rice, Havertz and Ødegaard all in the squad but it just doesn’t look good to me. Not trying to see Partey defending at fullback like he was at times today doesn’t have the legs for it.

Think he needs to just take the hit and drop Havertz. Not really sure about that signing.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I take a win but our performance was quite worrying with the attacking talent we had on the pitch today.

Also tactical wise i could understand the decision to go with Partey as inverted but he just doesnt have the legs for it to cover and that also shows up with the 2-1.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I think he wants to fit Partey, Rice, Havertz and Ødegaard all in the squad but it just doesn’t look good to me. Not trying to see Partey defending at fullback like he was at times today doesn’t have the legs for it.

Think he needs to just take the hit and drop Havertz. Not really sure about that signing.

I think he drops Partey before he drops Havertz.

If Zinchenko was fit I reckon he would have dropped him already.

I’m not saying it’s “right” I’m just saying it’s what I think he’d do.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think he drops Partey before he drops Havertz.

If Zinchenko was fit I reckon he would have dropped him already.

I’m not saying it’s “right” I’m just saying it’s what I think he’d do.
I dunno I think people underestimate how much Arteta likes Partey.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
2-1 at home to Nottingham first day of the season is disappointing. Not gonna win the league with these kind of performances.

Yeah, balance in the team looks "off" compared to the last 2 seasons right now...key we get that back quick, or no chance we can challenge City.

Look at Newcastle's midfield today, lot of energy in there and that's the way to match City ala Liverpool...we had that last season with Xhaka and Partey who's workrate as a pair really helped our attackers flourish.

Now we are asking Rice (one player in a brand new team and system) to do the job of those two experienced players who.both performed very well last season... risky really.

A little worried if Havertz is to be our main 8 this season, Arteta has never got two 10s in one team to work before...hope Mikel isn't forgetting what worked so well last year for us.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
2-1 at home to Nottingham first day of the season is disappointing. Not gonna win the league with these kind of performances.

I agreed but we will not be whooping teams for fun but what worries me the most is our energy level and quality on and off the ball which was so below our level. and its the first match of the season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Or Rice. Lets be honest, although he won the ball well, he's the player who wasn't really needed in a game like today.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
He's American right? he has to be speaking like this.
Fs just seen this. Can you imagine what this twerps chat up lines are like if this is how he thinks you convince people to come with?

What’s worse is American girls prob fall for it all still. I wasted my single years in this god forsaken country…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom