• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The team still lack fluidity of last season because maybe new signings still getting into the system and we missing tow key players.

What we need to do is getting maximum points first few weeks until Zinchenko and G.Jesus back and new signings settle more.

Also our players will have to get use to it every game at Emirates will be like this teams will defend and by large numbers because we very good at the moment.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I find the criticisms of the actual tactical set up very strange. I’m struggling to understand how people are saying it didn’t work when we utterly dominated the first half, were playing some fantastic football and were 2-0 up. It was exactly what we needed against a low block, very negative team. Teams we very much struggled against last season.

The problem was the lack of adjustments/too late to adjust and a general lack of energy from the team, coasting again. First game back so not worried about this yet as I am sure some players are still building fitness.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I find the criticisms of the actual tactical set up very strange. I’m struggling to understand how people are saying it didn’t work when we utterly dominated the first half, were playing some fantastic football and were 2-0 up. It was exactly what we needed against a low block, very negative team. Teams we very much struggled against last season.

The problem was the lack of adjustments/too late to adjust and a general lack of energy from the team, coasting again. First game back so not worried about this yet as I am sure some players are still building fitness.
The system was very good i swear Nottingham didn't even complete 50 passes in 1st half. And had like 20% possession they lost every 50/50.

The only criticism from yesterday is the habit of making dead team's come into life for no reason we commit so much men upfront for specially in corner other than that there nothing else we can complain about.

But Gabriel should get back next game he leader of defense

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The team still lack fluidity of last season because maybe new signings still getting into the system and we missing tow key players.

What we need to do is getting maximum points first few weeks until Zinchenko and G.Jesus back and new signings settle more.

Also our players will have to get use to it every game at Emirates will be like this teams will defend and by large numbers because we very good at the moment.

As I posted in unpopular opinion thread Zinny, Jesus have a demonstrable history of injuries, would be prudent to plan for alternatives IMO. We’ve got Timber anyway?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
As I posted in unpopular opinion thread Zinny, Jesus have a demonstrable history of injuries, would be prudent to plan for alternatives IMO. We’ve got Timber anyway?
I think the depth is very good we don't miss G.Jesus and Zinchenko much but you can't deny when they in team things are more easier. They make things go more quicker we create alot with them too.

We have Timber who look perfect replacement the problem he looks injured already 😔

Tomb Bombadil

I also thought the system worked and we were really really dominant. But it was not fantastic football. We were really good without the ball but somtimes too slow when we had it. It's ok to controll the game. But before the goal we had no real chances.

I don't now if this was intentional or if it was just start of the season. But I also hope that will come. We had 3 new players and we didn't have Jesus und Zinchenko. And I really liked the workrate from the players. Some great defensive contribution.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Or Rice. Lets be honest, although he won the ball well, he's the player who wasn't really needed in a game like today.

Ding ding ding. This issue was shoehorning Rice in midfield / the side at home vs NF while admitting that you still need Partey to progress the ball and Havertz to support the attack as Rice really does neither well.

Extra crazy that the person who actually missed out because of this was big Gabby…breaking up our best CB pairing.

coleio

Forest where a lot better than I expected them to be, particularly the 2nd half.

Don't really care how we played at this stage of the season, as long as we got the 3 points. I've seen us lose points all to often in games like that so a good win all in all.

I think it was our usual second-half, foot off the gas nonsense.

Need to be killers in this league. Take chances and never let them breathe.

Our vulnerability to a fast counter is annoying me though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Posted this during the Newcastle-Villa match, but posting some of it in here as it's in relation to our second half performance....

Isak and Wilson is mazing depth for CFs, probably the best in the league for me and at least tied with City...we do lack a bit of "omph" in our attacking position compared to them and City can't lie, feels like neither has to play that well to score but we really do.

One thing we really lack is a top proven forward who can score out of nothing, if only we had a peak Alexis or peak Aubameyang in this team.

...still a little concerned how toothless we look when the momentum shifts in games, feel we lack an ability to sucker punch teams when not playing well...and that's an attributes all the best sides have.

We BADLY need Jesus back and fully fit soon, can't lie...he's not clinical either but just brings the all round ability of our attack up a level, no other of our CF options have his mix of drive and skill.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not quite getting the issues with selection. A common issue on here towards the end of the season was you could guess the lineup at any point.

We need some different setups and the quality of the squad actually allows for that without drop off.

Exactly. Nobody is questioning the need to mix things up. It’s how the way we’re doing it affects our level.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is how we dropped points against Liverpool and West ham last season. We start coasting once we are ahead. There is no ruthlessness.

That’s what I hate about our pre planned subs at 60/70 mins. We need to adjust quicker to the temperature of the game, and not get lulled into passive ball retention just because we are ahead.

We also did the same thing against one of the worst Chelsea teams I’ve ever seen at the Emirates last season. That should’ve been a 6 or 7 nil.

Unless we start being more proactive we will pay a heavy price for it in the CL where teams are so clinical.

Last edited:

Tnegs

The defending for their goal was poor we had them 6 v 2 and still conceded. Got burnt by that speed down the right.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It was Arteta's fault, he did well to setup a plan for first half. But once Timber was injured we should have gone back to our normal formation.

Interesting bit of info this.

I need to watch this game, its presented some different dynamics that the team and manager are still coming to terms with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom