• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 2 Fulham | Saturday 26th August | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal-vs-Fulham.jpg

Screenshot-20230822-202059.png

Screenshot-20230822-202113.png

Screenshot-20230822-202126.png

Screenshot-20230822-202148.png

cba8ad28-d4f2-41e7-af3e-3b1084666042.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Did Havertz make Ramsdale concede the goal or make Saka make that pass? Ramsdale has done more than enough stupid things in the last few matches dating back to last season to be dropped. This forum blaming Havertz for everything including OceanGate, The Black Plague, Eve taking the Apple and Tim Lewis' hairline is dumb and tiresome. He was bad today like basically everyone else including even Saliba. Ramsdale was a clown well before Havertz arrived. It's pathetic putting everything on 1 player. He wasn't on the pitch when we conceded that joke 2nd goal, now was he?
We would've had the game won if we played the system we did last season in the first half regardless of the stupid first goal. Heck even that could be argued with players not totally being familiar with the new system yet. It’s not Havertz the player that's at fault, it’s the manager that insists on trying to make him something that he is not the problem here. & to fit that vision too many parts of a well oiled machine are having difficulties.

Why try to fix something that's not broken

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Ramsdale read Perreira's intentions right. Perriera was trying to hit the right, but he scuffed the shot and it went in to the left. The whole sequence was insane.
Ramsdale was facing Perreira and running back. He should have stood his ground or come out. Instead he did neither and was beaten by a scuffed effort off a lob.

It was another awkward moment for him. The reason we brought in Raya - cant keep tolerating moments like this

MacGyver

The tactical set up is working and he’ll continue with it which is the right move.

Our downfall is the usual suspects:

1. Stupid mistakes (THIRD goal in the 1st minute in a calendar year ffs); and
2. Going back to being cowards when we take the lead.

The above needs to stop asap. The set up needs to continue as is.
if you mean one inverted fb then yes agree. if you mean partey being that fb then no - experiment over for me

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Havertz can play at CF and if it's not the game for him, he can ride the bench. Surely, he wasn't sold on this position 🤔
No he is worse at Cf. Everyone says versatility; yeah he is versatile he will fail to score or create i you put him in attack. The kind of versatility genius Mik loved

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Players are allowed to have bad games. He wasn't the player who gave a goal away in the 1st minute changing the entire temperature of the game and ****ing up the game plan instantly.

I am so pissed off by the lack of balls in this team. You would think going through a title challenge makes you stronger. We shat ourselves with 10 mins to go vs 10 men and then got arrogant. It's ****ing stupid.

The best sides do not make every game a ****ing battle.

I don’t know if it’s a lack of balls. It seems like a deliberate strategy. We took Ødegaard off, brought Jorginho on and set ourselves in a defensive low block with the aim of keeping the ball and run down the clock.

I ****ing hate it.

Malky

Established Member
Ramsdale's decision to abandon tracking the player with the ball and gamble on a pass that hadn't been made was absolutely stupid and not something most keepers would do. It has nothing to do with Partey, Saka should be able to see that there is nobody in area 5 yards from him that he's passing to.
Not sure how anyone can watch the goal and not blame Ramsdale - he tries to be smart and anticipate the ball being played into the box so moves across ( even tho he had defenders covering it ) and leaves his near post wide open. It’s an absolutely ridiculous bit of decision making. Get the feeling he’s just fast tracked Raya into the team.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

He was poor for the goal. You can’t sugar coat it. He went to go towards the ball, hesitated, started running back and was in a poor position to deal with what was a pretty tame shot.
Lol AM's official slogans should be "Agendas above all".

Saka gifted the ball away when Ramsdale was far up the pitch (like he's instructed to do), tried his best to get back in goal but there was too much ground to cover, nothing he could do really.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We would've had the game won if we played the system we did last season in the first half regardless of the stupid first goal. Heck even that could be argued with players not totally being familiar with the new system yet. It’s not the Havertz the player that's at fault, it’s the manager that insists on trying to make him something that he is not the problem here. & fit that vision too many parts of a well oiled machine that difficulties.

Why try to fix something that's not broken
Try answering the question I asked you. They smashed Wolves playing this system last season. Did Havertz' inclusion force Saka to pass to nobody and then force Ramsdale to overcommit for no reason? Yes or No? Was Havertz on the pitch when Zinchenko did what Zinchenko does, giving the ball away and the team did what the team does, switching off on a corner? Yes or No?

Havertz' position has nothing to do with conceding either goal and it has nothing to do with Martinelli having a terrible game shooting unmarked in the box right at the keeper. It has nothing to do with Ode being dreadful and uncharacteristically selfish. We've created plenty of chances with Havertz on the pitch. We have not put them away. Blame him for his poor play today, that's fine and justified. This team would have 3 comfortable wins if people finished their dinner and didn't do stupid things defensively.

Melquiades

Yeah I'm not sure what the defense can do about Saka making a suicidal back pass to put Fulham clear on goal. Conceding from a corner happens, obviously not great but it is what it is.

Small margins. You weren't great by any means, but you created a fair amount of chances. If Saka doesn't make that mistake and Zinny doesn't try a stupidly risky pass when you're ahead, you win this game comfortably 2-0.

I don't understand people saying this was a horrendous performance. Could have been better, obviously, but you created enough to win and conceded to big individual mistakes.

I feel like the opening goal superficially wasn’t the defense but really actually was.

We have too many players playing out of position, and the result is that we’re seeing a lot of confused passes and positioning errors.

Yeah, Saka made a mistake. But does that mistake happen if Ben White is at RB in his normal position and Saka is dealing with the structure he’s used to instead of having Partey wandering into midfield?

When the subs came on and we went back to our basic back-4 from last year (aside from Kiwior in place of Gabriel) things looked hugely better and the game turned until we sat back too much.

Malky

Established Member
Lol AM's official slogans should be "Agendas above all".

Saka gifted the ball away when Ramsdale was far up the pitch (like he's instructed to do), tried his best to get back in goal but there was too much ground to cover, nothing he could do really.
No, he started moving to his left thinking it was going to be a pass into the box. If he kept moving back then Pereira would have no option but either aim for the opposite side, chip him or pass it. He made it incredibly easy.

Melquiades

I don’t know if it’s a lack of balls. It seems like a deliberate strategy. We took Ødegaard off, brought Jorginho on and set ourselves in a defensive low block with the aim of keeping the ball and run down the clock.

I ****ing hate it.

Every team does this with a lead and it’s ****ing stupid. Keep doing the things that put you in front in the first place.

MacGyver

Ramsdale's decision to abandon tracking the player with the ball and gamble on a pass that hadn't been made was absolutely stupid and not something most keepers would do. It has nothing to do with Partey, Saka should be able to see that there is nobody in area 5 yards from him that he's passing to.
it was partey that abandoned his post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom