• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester United | Sunday 3rd September | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Manchester-United.jpg

Screenshot-20230828-083955.png
[/URL]
lineup.png

Arsenal 1-0 Man utd

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohamed7

Feel Havertz is already done here. More and more fans will turn against him. That performance wasn’t bad yesterday but horrible, horrible miss plus gave the ball away in their goal means more reasons he will be hated.

Slight fortunate for him we won at the end. Otherwise, he would have been murdered on the social media.

Vieira must start the next match. Arteta must reward good cameos to keep the motivation. He already killed Trossard who looked the most inform player in the preseason.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I was extremely calm and sure that their 2nd was offside.

Was it just me?
For me that goal actually looked right online, if anything I thought Gabriel played him on & it was 3:00am in the morning, tbh I was actually just about to head off if that goal stood, lucky I did, to see Declans first goal for us was a delight, I went absolutely off haha!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Feel Havertz is already done here. More and more fans will turn against him. That performance wasn’t bad yesterday but horrible, horrible miss plus gave the ball away in their goal means more reasons he will be hated.

Slight fortunate for him we won at the end. Otherwise, he would have been murdered on the social media.

Vieira must start the next match. Arteta must reward good cameos to keep the motivation. He already killed Trossard who looked the most inform player in the preseason.
It's been 4 games ffs !

quattro

when we finally do beat City, it won't be by blowing them out of the water. it will be by trying to hold on and keep them close enough to murder them in the dying gasps of the game.

Tomb Bombadil

We are too predictable going always wide. We have to improve our attacking through the middle

I also think we lost a lot of passing ability with Partey and xhaka in middle. Havertz and Rice is not same level ball players even though rice is great defensively
We try to controll the game too much. We copy City too much. We should take more risk. Our football was more attractive last year. I don't like the direction we are going.

Last year we started always so agressive and were on the front foot, pressing high. Now it feels like we want to controll the whole game from first to last minute.

Very important win but I hope we start to play better. I mean United had so many injuires and had 3 terrible games.

Tom Mix

I don't think Havertz is "finished" here. It's four games! What I do believe is he needs to be weaned into the side and given confidence boosts. Mikel seems obliged to prove he is right too quickly, it's a marathon not a sprint.

He needs to be integrated through intensive training and brought on from the bench, especially in games where there is little pressure. Starting a player who is under pressure in the hope he will deliver is the opposite of what he (and we) need. I don't think he's a starter anyway but certainly not at the moment.

The one positive surprise for me has been the rebirth, or birth, of Vieira as an Arsenal player with potential to play more now. I had doubts he would make it but he has taken a couple of steps up. That needs to be acknowledged and rewarded.

Mikel should not feel he has to start Havertz because we've paid a lot of money for him anymore than he should feel pressure to start Starboy because he is such a talent if he is not playing to his capabilities. The miss he made yesterday was far less pounced upon yesterday even though arguably it was an even easier chance than Havertz's.

The team is bigger than any individual in it, and that includes the manager.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

While i think its time for Vieira i dont think Havertz is finished but based on what we saw its time for Vieira yes.

Kuroske

We try to controll the game too much. We copy City too much. We should take more risk. Our football was more attractive last year. I don't like the direction we are going.

Last year we started always so agressive and were on the front foot, pressing high. Now it feels like we want to controll the whole game from first to last minute.

Very important win but I hope we start to play better. I mean United had so many injuires and had 3 terrible games.

What is wrong to copy the team that won everything? I rather winning everything with boring possession football than being 5th or 6th with exciting football.

dino bravo

Established Member

Well deserved, you guys played well.
Fair play to you mate, proper level headed fan. I didn't think we played particularly well personally, it was a bit of a strange game all round.

If there is some consolation for you, I think Højlund looked a problem when he came on, he won't face many stronger defenders than Gabriel and he did well, looked strong and quick. Also, Garnacho should play every week over Antony, unless he cannot play from the right for some reason?

sub_sub

If you were scripting a Hollywood movie of a match between two rival sides, it would look a lot like the game yesterday. So much drama, a rollercoaster of a match.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom