• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester United | Sunday 3rd September | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Manchester-United.jpg

Screenshot-20230828-083955.png
[/URL]
lineup.png

Arsenal 1-0 Man utd

Last edited by a moderator:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The morning after the night before is always the best, you have all the happiness from the win but with the adrenaline gone so you can really enjoy it.

I ****ING hate United so much, to win it after being on the brink of death and just before an international break...God all United fans must be on the floor today, and that makes me so happy 😍

Hope this remains our starting 11 for a bit now (with Jesus in for Eddie) as I feel this is the best way to get Havertz to work in midfield.

Last season's team was very good, which I really enjoyed watching...but this is the type of win that really allows you to believe in the new changes we have made, a result that really shows what you are made of!

COYG!!!

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
United played exactly how I thought they would. Compact and trying to break at every opportunity. Their possession playing the ball around their centre backs and Onana was trying to get us to press them high so they can try isolate Rashford against White which they did a few times.

Our first goal was a thing of beauty however I still feel a bit disappointed in some of our carelessness in giving the ball away with zero pressure. Zinchenko was particularly culpable of this. We didn’t play particularly well but still deserved to win the game and the stats bear that out (more shots, more shots on target, more possession, more touches of the ball in their area, xG etc).

Arteta needs to keep Saliba and Gabriel and build the team dynamic again. Rice was impressive, absolute demon in the duels and his passing through the lines was also very good

Game Over

Seven Hag is one of the biggest whingers going. Cries and moans every opportunity given. Maybe if he stopped playing such cowardly football away from home, he wouldn't need to worry about getting lucky decisions.

His negative tactics are completely brainless if you think about it long enough.

United lost six, won two and drew one of their away games at teams that finished in the top 10 last season - scoring 10 and conceded 22 goals. All playing ultra negative football.

They’ve lost to both us and Tottenham so far this season, scraped by Wolves at home and had to come back from 2 down Vs Forrest at home.

Their defence is shocking, yet Ten Hag is determined to play a cowardly negative style which only puts more pressure on them. Hoping to smash and grab a win with such a porous defence is never going to work. If anything it’s highlighting their biggest weakness.

If he had the balls to try attack, they’d still concede plenty but might have a better chance at picking up more goals/points.

They’re lucky to have the points they have so far, Wolves and Forrest should have taken something off them. They’re in for a long season and might struggle for 5th in all honesty.

bastun

Player:Saka
Seven Hag is one of the biggest whingers going. Cries and moans every opportunity given. Maybe if he stopped playing such cowardly football away from home, he wouldn't need to worry about getting lucky decisions.
This guy is shameless. Always twists the narrative. Every decision against his team is incorrect and every decision for them is correct and good refereeing. This also transfers to his team, they have the same loser/moaner mentality as him. Next press conference is gonna be him moaning about their injuries. ****ing bald loser.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

What’s up with West Ham fans? I thought supporters of smaller teams were proud when their players grew up and did well elsewhere. Did they seriously believe Rice would waste his career there?
Crazy, isn't it? They've turned on him

Synical

Miss Superstitious

How would you feel if your longtime gf / bf broke up with you for an upgrade? It does not matter how good the relationship was or how you left each other under goods terms. You will always be jealous seeing the other doing good without you.
You're right...like I wanted Sanchez to flop so hard at United.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At what point do they realise Ten Haag is a glorified Ole?

Really don’t see anything different in the way they play. Defend deep, long balls, rely on moments of magic from Rashford.

Teams that play that way can’t then moan about luck, you make your own luck, and for the record the only contentious decision was overruling the Havertz pen.

Olivier_Giroud

when we finally do beat City, it won't be by blowing them out of the water. it will be by trying to hold on and keep them close enough to murder them in the dying gasps of the game.
LMAO.... Did you even watch the game? Have you even watch our past games? Do you think that is a team who can beat City? City will humiliate us without even trying... They will wreck us in the first half without shifting to second gear. So trying to hold om and keep close enough is a scenario that will not happen in the near, or even immediate future.

When we finally beat City, yeah maybe in 10 years when the Generational Charlatan is not the manager anymore.

Tomb Bombadil

What is wrong to copy the team that won everything? I rather winning everything with boring possession football than being 5th or 6th with exciting football.
To copy is good to a certain extent. Especially if you want to become the 2nd best. But to go to first I think you need something new.

Guardialo is there since 2016 and they have more ressources. So if you want to overtake them you need something new.

Of course I rather win with boring football than become 5/6. But I rather see excting football and become 2n than becoming 2nd with boring football.

quattro

LMAO.... Did you even watch the game? Have you even watch our past games? Do you think that is a team who can beat City? City will humiliate us without even trying... They will wreck us in the first half without shifting to second gear. So trying to hold om and keep close enough is a scenario that will not happen in the near, or even immediate future.

When we finally beat City, yeah maybe in 10 years when the Generational Charlatan is not the manager anymore.
ok edgelord

ptrcopp

I don't think Havertz is "finished" here. It's four games! What I do believe is he needs to be weaned into the side and given confidence boosts. Mikel seems obliged to prove he is right too quickly, it's a marathon not a sprint.

He needs to be integrated through intensive training and brought on from the bench, especially in games where there is little pressure. Starting a player who is under pressure in the hope he will deliver is the opposite of what he (and we) need. I don't think he's a starter anyway but certainly not at the moment.

The one positive surprise for me has been the rebirth, or birth, of Vieira as an Arsenal player with potential to play more now. I had doubts he would make it but he has taken a couple of steps up. That needs to be acknowledged and rewarded.

Mikel should not feel he has to start Havertz because we've paid a lot of money for him anymore than he should feel pressure to start Starboy because he is such a talent if he is not playing to his capabilities. The miss he made yesterday was far less pounced upon yesterday even though arguably it was an even easier chance than Havertz's.

The team is bigger than any individual in it, and that includes the manager.

Think you’re right on this. It was the miss that most frustrated me with Havertz because it was one we all know Xhaka would have smashed in. He didn’t even miss the target he missed the ball!

With Vieira hitting form there’s no need need for Havertz to start. Its great to see Vieira come good and it’s time he was rewarded for that. Havertz can come on later in the games and get used to the system for 30 minutes at a time, similar to Vieira last season.

The left sided 8 Arteta wants is a very difficult position to play so there’s nothing wrong with admitting he isn’t ready quite yet

Think Saka’s chance was actually really difficult. It was fizzed in and it would have been difficult to read the dummy from Jesus.

Part of the issue with Saka is that we don’t have a strategy for when he is doubled up, other than White overlapping, which can’t happen often because he is playing as the right side of a back three when we are in possession.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The morning after the night before is always the best

Always the best? Idk man. We’ve all had them nights where a bit too much was drunk only to wake up the next morning to cast a quick and regretful glance at our bedfellow before making a hasty exit whilst checking our phone to see if there was any photographic evidence recorded by our “friends”…

Last edited:

outlawz

Always the best? Idk man. We’ve all had them nights where a bit too much was drunk only to wake up the next morning to cast a quick glance at our bedfellow before making a quick exit whilst checking our phone to see if there was any photographic evidence recorded by our “friends”…
Proudly say this has never happened to me. What I would do to get a free bang like that.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He just says words. I swear I remember him saying something after Rice's goal like "embraced and embracing".

questioning what GIF by THE NEXT STEP
Yeah Drury is a massive word salad.

He was decent about 10 years ago but has now become a caricature of himself. There is a dearth of good commentators. I like Steve Wilson but think he only stick to radio commentary and not TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom