• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Every player makes mistakes, but as a keeper these always look the worse. But it's the way how you react after such an error and he did it in a briliant way.

We would probably speak about a 8 or 9/10 game without this, but if it was his last game, it had a happy ending at least.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Therein lies the problem. Raya doesn’t make that error, but I also don’t reckon he makes some of those saves, particularly the first one from Toney.

I wasn’t convinced Raya was a clear upgrade but the Ramsdale ship has sailed sadly.

It isn't a coincidence that as soon as Ramsdale comes in, we lose our iron grip control and the game turns into a bit of a basketball game especially in the second half. Raya wouldn't have to make those saves in the second half because the game would have been dusted with us being in control.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
It isn't a coincidence that as soon as Ramsdale comes in, we lose our iron grip control and the game turns into a bit of a basketball game especially in the second half. Raya wouldn't have to make those saves in the second half because the game would have been dusted with us being in control.
Yeah there was a severe lack of control in the game particularly in the second half with the score level. Brentford equalled the total xGA conceded in the last 3 games alone

We have been so assured in those situations in 2024 however today’s game reminded me a lot of our games last season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah there was a severe lack of control in the game particularly in the second half with the score level. Brentford equalled the total xGA conceded in the last 3 games alone

We have been so assured in those situations in 2024 however today’s game reminded me a lot of our games last season.

Yeah and the common denominator is Ramsdale. He's too emotional and it infects the rest of our team, mentality midget.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Remember this is the same guy who was turning to mug off the crowd while the ball was still in play just outside his box and easily could have been whipped in for a chance while he was mouthing off instead of focusing on his job. He's one of the most unserious alleged professionals I have ever seen. He things being a "pashun merchant" and the banter is more important than keeping the ball out. You never want to have a player so weak mentally that the crowd can target him and have his fragility and immaturity cost you.

DuBB

It wasn't just the error.

Within the first 20 minutes the difference between Raya and Ramsdale was astonishingly clear.

Ramsdale just kept kicking it long and forcing us to have to re-start build up. And we'd have to build up from the midfield and from out wide (White and Kiwior) instead of building through the middle.

For all the possession and all the sustained pressure we had, we would have had a complete vice grip on the game from the start if he just chose to not pass, hold it at his feet, or play it to one of the CBs on at least 10 occasions.

But no...

Long kick. Forcing us to have to win the 2nd ball once they cleared it.

I haven't seen Jorginho have to contest the ball in the middle so much in months. Jorginho rarely has to attempt duels because the ball is never in the middle of the park and in the air that much. But once Ramsdale kicks long, their defence heads it or kicks it to clear, the ball is in the air near the centre circle - the ping pong game commences.

Ball rolls back to Ramsdale...

Long kick. Repeat.

It was so frustrating to watch, and that was the starkest difference.

Not to mention the fact that, at least in the 7 prior games, teams haven't pressed us because none of our players are pressing triggers. We've been playing lineups where there isn't a single player on the pitch who gets the ball, and thats the signal for the opposition to press that player. Nobody to press means more periods of sustained possession, more possession means more pressure, more pressure means playing higher up the pitch. Thus, 31 goals in 7 games.

But it's not a coincidence that they sat off, jogged around and played it safe until Ramsdale got the ball, and that was the pressing trigger. Run at him. He'll fluff a pass or kick it long.

He isn't good enough, and its sad that this game so blatantly made it clear.

This was probably the 1st game of the season that felt like a game from last season. And it really was his fault. The mistake was just the icing on the cake.

I was one of the people who believed Raya was only an incremental upgrade and not worth the outlay. I thought the money would have been better spent in another potision. But I am happy to hold my hands up and say I wasn't just wrong I was dead wrong.

outlawz

I dont think he'll want to be a backup here, because he is a good backup option right now.

I think his distribution and general play improves with more game time, but as I said he wont be happy with being a number 2.

Good keeper, he will fetch a good fee.

He's not proving to be a good backup option though, because he dropped clangers in nearly every game he's played this season.

fute

It wasn't just the error.

Within the first 20 minutes the difference between Raya and Ramsdale was astonishingly clear.

Ramsdale just kept kicking it long and forcing us to have to re-start build up. And we'd have to build up from the midfield and from out wide (White and Kiwior) instead of building through the middle.

For all the possession and all the sustained pressure we had, we would have had a complete vice grip on the game from the start if he just chose to not pass, hold it at his feet, or play it to one of the CBs on at least 10 occasions.

But no...

Long kick. Forcing us to have to win the 2nd ball once they cleared it.

I haven't seen Jorginho have to contest the ball in the middle so much in months. Jorginho rarely has to attempt duels because the ball is never in the middle of the park and in the air that much. But once Ramsdale kicks long, their defence heads it or kicks it to clear, the ball is in the air near the centre circle - the ping pong game commences.

Ball rolls back to Ramsdale...

Long kick. Repeat.

It was so frustrating to watch, and that was the starkest difference.

He isn't good enough, and its sad that this game so blatantly made it clear.

This was probably the 1st game of the season that felt like a game from last season. And it really was his fault. The mistake was just the icing on the cake.

I was one of the people who believed Raya was only an incremental upgrade and not worth the outlay. I thought the money would have been better spent in another potision. But I am happy to hold my hands up and say I wasn't just wrong I was dead wrong.

For me, it was Raya's first game starting against Everton. Something was different. It was as decisive of a 1-0 game as you'll see. Cool, calm, and clean game. Ramsdale would have had a couple of worldy saves and a blunder or two to leave with a draw 1-1 that game.

Think Arteta got Raya thinking a little too much during the City game and that is when Raya started showing nervousness he wasn't known for as a gk. Luton game was bad too. Plus, Raya felt the heat from the fans and probably from some of the team who were close to Aaron.

However, the team has found its groove with Raya now.

Raya has his flaws too. Might have a stinker or two in the upcoming games.

The thing with Ramsdale is that you just expect he'll have a really bad *bleep* up. Was worried about this game. Brentford isn't great, but they are a tough opponent. Toney was back. Sure enough, he almost blew it with that bad mistake.

Ramsdale has talent, but you can see why Raya starts.

Malky

Established Member
Therein lies the problem. Raya doesn’t make that error, but I also don’t reckon he makes some of those saves, particularly the first one from Toney.

I wasn’t convinced Raya was a clear upgrade but the Ramsdale ship has sailed sadly.
Honestly are people still going on about this nonsense “ Raya doesn’t make that save “ really? Is it not a slight eye opener that we looked so open today that Brentford cut through us a couple of times, when for weeks teams are barely getting a sniff of goal? Even against Liverpool, they got a lucky goal as we were rock solid in defence. A large part of that is down to Raya - more of a calming presence, more vocal, better at organising the defence, perhaps? As the two games where we’ve been out of sorts, and it’s turned into a basketball game is Liverpool defeat in the FA cup and today - what’s the common denominator? I’ll give you a clue, it was our pashun merchant keeper!!

DuBB

For me, it was Raya's first game starting against Everton. Something was different. It was as decisive of a 1-0 game as you'll see. Cool, calm, and clean game. Ramsdale would have had a couple of worldy saves and a blunder or two to leave with a draw 1-1 that game.

Think Arteta got Raya thinking a little too much during the City game and that is when Raya started showing nervousness he wasn't known for as a gk. Luton game was bad too. Plus, Raya felt the heat from the fans and probably from some of the team who were close to Aaron.

However, the team has found its groove with Raya now.

Raya has his flaws too. Might have a stinker or two in the upcoming games.

The thing with Ramsdale is that you just expect he'll have a really bad *bleep* up. Was worried about this game. Brentford isn't great, but they are a tough opponent. Toney was back. Sure enough, he almost blew it with that bad mistake.

Ramsdale has talent, but you can see why Raya starts.

Ramsdale is a better shot stopper and a better GK than Raya.

Doesn't matter in the slightest.

Why?

Because Raya allows us to play our style of football for 90 minutes, and allows us to play it from front to back, side to side, through the middle, cycle it back, restart and keep going.

If, like Ramsdale, you keep kicking the ball back to the opposition, and allowing them chances to break the game and make it sloppy, you're gonna have to make a worldy or two every game.

Raya can't make those saves. Fine. But Raya allows us to play in a way where those kinds of saves aren't necessary that often.

Ramsdale makes those saves a necessity.

DuBB

Honestly are people still going on about this nonsense “ Raya doesn’t make that save “ really? Is it not a slight eye opener that we looked so open today that Brentford cut through us a couple of times, when for weeks teams are barely getting a sniff of goal? Even against Liverpool, they got a lucky goal as we were rock solid in defence. A large part of that is down to Raya - more of a calming presence, more vocal, better at organising the defence, perhaps? As the two games where we’ve been out of sorts, and it’s turned into a basketball game is Liverpool defeat in the FA cup and today - what’s the common denominator? I’ll give you a clue, it was our pashun merchant keeper!!

It's none of those. This image sums up why Raya is a better keeper:

1000007225-jpg.22337

Raya would make that pass, but it's not simply about the pass.

Making that pass, and making that pass consistently over the course of a season means the opposition have to scout, analyse, and train for us differently.

When their analysts and coaching staff understand that all of our players, including our GK, can pass instinctively, receive the ball, recycle it, and carve through them with 3-4 passes, it means that pressing us is no longer an option. It is at best, a waste of energy, at worst, dangerous because when they overcommit and we cut through them, we're attacking with more men going forward than they have going back.

So when pressing us is not an option, their best bet is to be compact, tight, and defensive.

And when you come into a game with the mandate of being compact, tight and defensive, you are essentially starting a game telling the opposition "you have the ball, lets see what you can do"

Which is how we've been blowing teams apart in 25 minutes or less.

Because teams basically start matches by giving us the ball, and have spent most of their training planning how to stop us scoring, not planning on how to get the ball back.

Tnegs

It was almost scripted that he was going to find a way to **** up wasn’t it? Hopefully that’s the last time he plays for us complete clown of a keeper.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom