• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ramsdale is a better shot stopper and a better GK than Raya.

Doesn't matter in the slightest.

Why?

Because Raya allows us to play our style of football for 90 minutes, and allows us to play it from front to back, side to side, through the middle, cycle it back, restart and keep going.

If, like Ramsdale, you keep kicking the ball back to the opposition, and allowing them chances to break the game and make it sloppy, you're gonna have to make a worldy or two every game.

Raya can't make those saves. Fine. But Raya allows us to play in a way where those kinds of saves aren't necessary that often.

Ramsdale makes those saves a necessity.
Ramsdale is a better shot stopper. I wouldn't say he's a better GK though because that's really the only thing he does better and Raya still has the higher save percentage of the 2. Even if you forget kicking and distribution, Raya also is almost laughably better at claiming the high ball in the box and dealing with corners despite being shorter.

DuBB

Ramsdale is a better shot stopper. I wouldn't say he's a better GK though because that's really the only thing he does better and Raya still has the higher save percentage of the 2. Even if you forget kicking and distribution, Raya also is almost laughably better at claiming the high ball in the box and dealing with corners despite being shorter.

All facts. I probably should have said shot stopping and not a better GK, you're right.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I feel bad for Ramsdale. Nobody wanted what happened today.

Our defence felt shaky and unbalanced, and I'm wondering if it's because we didn't have the secure base at the back that is Raya. I know we usually say Raya doesn't have much to do, but is it credit to him that it appears that way and we don't really take notice when he's playing out from the back, because he doesn't make you feel like your heart is in your mouth?

I'd love to know what Saliba and Gabi think.

Sulosky

Ramsdale is a good goalkeeper and certainly a great personality in the dressing room, but what his grips cause is confusion in the defensive line. Somehow the entire Arsenal backline seemed more vulnerable than usual yesterday.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'd love to know what Saliba and Gabi think.

Half time...

Saliba... "Last kick of the ****ing half, I was screaming for the pass too!"

Gabriel... "Wait until that little **** gets in the changing room"

wwf_royalrumble2001_kanetake.jpg

Ramsdale...

latest

Full time...

Saliba... "He made some good saves and we won but Christ he's been celebrating for like an hour now trying to banter their fans, does he have no shame?"

Gabriel... "Right, I have had ****ing enough of this"

giphy.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The error was shocking and there's no excuse for it. That's not rustiness, it's lack of concentration and sloppiness.

Glad he pulled off a couple of decent saves in the second half and his error didn't cost us points in what will likely be his last match for us.

I'm still not fully sure on Raya being the answer but I can't say Ramsdale is a viable alternative.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ramsdale is a good goalkeeper and certainly a great personality in the dressing room, but what his grips cause is confusion in the defensive line. Somehow the entire Arsenal backline seemed more vulnerable than usual yesterday.
Not that the problem his problem he not stay focused for 90 minutes he need to get that out from his game it always lead to errors specially when he plays for manager that insist to play short and quick from the back

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He pulled off some very good saves yesterday. Probably the reason we won, let that sink in. All keepers and CBs make howlers occasionally, even Ederson and VVD, it's about how often, and what else they bring to the game. He's a top keeper, if a little pumped during the game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He pulled off some very good saves yesterday. Probably the reason we won, let that sink in. All keepers and CBs make howlers occasionally, even Ederson and VVD, it's about how often, and what else they bring to the game. He's a top keeper, if a little pumped during the game.

It’s just dishonest to say we won because of him.

From 6 league games his made the same mistake twice against Brentford, and caught off his line twice. These aren’t occasional howlers.

It suggests teams are exploiting his weakness in the role.

quattro

the ability to make game-winning saves is probably a primary requirement if your team is expected to face a lot of these kinds of shots. i can understand that for teams that play on the counter, teams that aren't designed to control the game. this is probably why de gea was such a standout for united post-Ferguson.

while a keeper that has that quality would be great for any team, including our's, what we require even more is a keeper that is averse to his team being caught in such circumstances. more than shot-stopping, we need one who quickly mops up things by getting the ball out of our area as soon as possible. we don't even do that "playing out of the back" as much these days given how we can lob passes to runners on the wing or to the midfield where players like Rice or Havertz can take the ball down.

Didn't look rusty at all to me. Had top reflexes in saving that shot from Toney and the show of his throws forward where very good.

The mistakes come from something else, throwing the ball to opponents in a goal-scoring position and stuff like that is something else, deeper in his mentality. At Arsenal, there is just too much demand for him that he struggles with and he knows it and takes it with him on the field. He needs to go to another club and hopefully find a manager that can work with him on these things.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

They were two basic saves. The second, I don’t think would have been a save if Raya was in goal because he would have claimed the cross.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom