• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antonio Puerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy13

Established Member
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is eyeing Sevilla's exciting young midfield pair Jesus Navas and Antonio Puerta.

DiarioSport says Gunners chief scout Steve Rowley spent two days in Seville watching the duo in training recently.

Winger Navas and midfielder Puerta are already part of Luis Aragones' Spain squad and regarded as two of the brightest young talents in the country.

Wenger is keen on both, though knows a move for Navas will be difficult because of his diagnosed anxiety problems.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=18579

Buhry

Established Member

I've seen him play once, against Valencia, and he looked pretty good. Skilled and pacy, skinned Valencia's great right back miguel on a couple of ocassions.

has this been taken??

From the small bits I have seen of Puerta, he is a very good player. He is very tricky and has a great left foot. He ripped Barca apart in the Super Cup and he looks pretty strong so should be able to adapt.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'd be very disappointed if Wenger hadn't started planning Ljungberg's replacement already :lol:

jester

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I'd be very disappointed if Wenger hadn't started planning Ljungberg's replacement already :lol:

ditto. I know its a joke, but its quite true. Freddie's demise has been quite sad, but wenger should know by this far into the season that he needs replacing.

kooldawg

Established Member
indeed, i'm expecting one of the 2 wingers to move here either in the summer after we hopefully offload ljunberg, or maybe even in the January transfer window.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I've seen him play a couple of times, and what I've seen from him is that he has good body strength to shrug off oponents. Very pacy, plus strong. Navas is more to scoring goals while this guy is more to assisting and getting everybody involved in a game by unselfishly giving passes to his team mates. He's similar to that boro chump, Downing, except more faster and stronger

dos1986

Established Member
Would prefer Navas from what Ive seen of him Navas is faster and much better one on one hes better in front of goal too,puerta is too hlebish for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom